Bud and Rita Meyer Celebrate 50 Years
On June 28, Howard "Bud" and Rita (Kramer) Meyer of Greensburg celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. To honor the couple, a mass was held at St. Mary's Church, Greensburg, followed by a dinner and dance at The Sherman House, Batesville.
The couple were married at St. Mary's Church on June 28, 1961. They spent the first half of their marriage living on a farm in Hamburg until they moved to their current residence, a farm located just outside of Greensburg.
They have eight children: Marcia (Daryl) Kurtz, Batesville; Marlene (Clint) Tichenor, Greensburg; Jenny (Bill) Gehring, Oldenburg; Steve (Sharon) Meyer, Hamburg; Nick Meyer (Deceased); Becky (Dan) Walter, Batesville; Ted (Jaimie) Meyer, Greensburg and Adam Meyer, Greensburg. They also have 18 grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
In addition to being a farmer all his life, Bud retired from Batesville Casket Company after 30 years of service. Bud still enjoys farming with his sons and Rita loves real estate, decorating and refinishing old furniture. The couple also enjoy spending time with family and friends.
Bud and Rita Meyer Celebrate 50 Years
- 50th: The Weisners Cliff and Ruth Ann Weisner will celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary Feb. 23, 2014. They were united in marriage Feb. 23, 1964, by the Rev. Frank Baker at Moscow Christian Church in Moscow. She is the former Ruth Ann Patterson of Gowdy. Cliff is
- 40th: The Scudders Mike and Peggy (Bossert) Scudder will celebrate their 40th anniversary with an Open House hosted by their children and family. Mike and Peggy were united in marriage Feb. 16, 1974, by the Rev. Harry Cook at his home. They have two sons, Travis (Miche
- 50th: The Speers On Feb. 15, 1964, at the Clarksburg Christian Church, Jeffery D. Speer and Rodella L. Cooper were united in marriage. The morning of the 15th was beautiful, in the afternoon a storm came through leaving 3-4 inches of snow. Even with all the snow, 145
- Albert and Margaret Elder Albert Elder and Margaret Ella Lehman were married Dec. 27, 1963 in Greensburg. They have two children, Jim Elder and Julie (John) Smartz. Jim Lives in Greensburg and Julie and John live in Marina Del Rey, Calif. Their children are planning a family
- Don Howard celebrates 75th birthday There will be a card shower for Don Howard's 75th birthday on Dec. 1. His address is Morning Breeze, 950 North Lakeview Drive, Greensburg, IN, 47037, Room 73. Don Howard, 75
- 57th Anniversary - James and Nancy DeBaun James Robert and Nancy (Nelson) DeBaun, of Arlington, Texas celebrated their 57th anniversary Aug. 25, 2013. The couple was united in marriage Aug. 25, 1956. James worked for The Greensburg Daily News during the 1950s. The couple moved to T
- 40th Anniversary - Dan and Sue Hahn Dan and Sue (Miller) Hahn, of 4333 South County Road 550 East in Greensburg, will celebrate their 40th anniversary Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013. Dan and Sue were married Sept. 29, 1973. Dan works as a self-employed contractor, and he owns Dan Hah
- 50th Anniversary - Bill and Jackie Blasdel Bill and Jackie Blasdel were married 50 years ago on Sept. 27, 1963. A celebration was held May 4, 2013, with more than 350 relatives and friends wishing them well, along with congratulations for Bill's 80th birthday. State Senators Jean Le
- 50th Anniversary - James and Betty Stewart James and Betty Stewart, of Spring Hill, Fla., will celebrate their 50th anniversary with a celebration with family and friends from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013, at the Burney Clay Volunteer Fire Department station house. The fire
- 50th Anniversary The family of William "Bill" and Emma (Bodenberg) Menchhofer are pleased to announce the couple's 50th wedding anniversary. They were united in marriage on the bride's birthday, Aug. 31, 1963, at St. John's Lutheran Church in Napoleon. Bill
- More Anniversaries Headlines