First Christian Church
Welcome to our worship services at 8 and 10:30 a.m. Christian Education classes meet at 9:15 a.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 15
Elders meet at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 16
Church Board will meet at 7:30 p.m.
Next Pot Luck Supper will be at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 6. with “Snakes Alive” program at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday Evening: ELEV8
6 to 6:30 p.m. - Dinner for Junior High
6:30 to 7:30 p.m. - Group times
Sunday Evening: ELEV8 - Sunday, Jan. 13
6 to 6:30 p.m. - Dinner for Senior High
6:30 to 7:30 p.m. - Group Time
Wednesday Evening: ELEV8 for Adults
The Book of Acts
Join us for an in-depth, verse-by-verse study of the Book of Acts.
Class will meet in three sessions:
Session 1 - Jan. 9 to Jan. 30, Chapters 1 to 10
Session 2 - Feb. 13 to March 13, Chapters 11 to 19
Session 3 - April 3 to April 24, Chapters 20 to 27
The Haiti Mission Team is selling t-shirts for $15 to support their mission trip. To order, contact Shelly or Tim Walsman (663-8246) or any other team member. The team is also selling canvas bags for $15 to $20 in a variety of colors. The bag can be monogrammed.
First Christian Church Kids’ Closet of Decatur County
Kids’ Closet is in need of boy’s new or gently used slacks and sweaters and girl’s new or gently used dresses. Used or new shoes are needed for both boys and girls. Next Closet opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13.
Our wish list also asks for little girl’s winter tights sizes 6 to 10/12. For more information, call First Christian Church at 663-8488.
Liberty Baptist Church
Sunday, Jan. 13
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church services will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m. with guest pastor Gary Litton bringing the message. Please join us for a time of worship, praise and fellowship.
A quarterly business meeting will follow the church service.
Please join us as we worship and give praise to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. May God bless everyone.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
This Sunday, the youth will return to their Sunday night meetings.
Hope you will join them and bring a friend or two.
A reminder that the church boards and committees need to prepare their annual reports for the upcoming business meeting the last Sunday in January.
Won’t you consider signing up to be a greeter or to offer a short story to the children during the worship service? You can sign up on the sheet in the hallway.
We are still collecting non-perishable food items for the Edna Martin Christian Center in Indianapolis. The tub is filling more each Sunday. This will continue through the month of January. Dianna
says she will also accept cash and do the shopping for you.
The weatherman promises warmer temperatures for this weekend, and that means the end of the accumulated snow that seems to be everywhere. And speaking of “everywhere,” don’t forget that God is EVERYWHERE and always available when you need Him. He is your closest friend and will be there whenever you just want or need to talk to Him. He’s especially easy to find when you’re attending church somewhere on Sunday, so we’ll be looking for you at Sandcreek.
Sunday School is at 9 a.m. and the worship service follows at 10 a.m. We’re just a short distance south on U.S. 421.
Decatur County Family YMCA
Decatur County Family YMCA will host a “Guy’s Night” Bible study session at 7 p.m. Tuesdays. The session will be led by Jon Hower. Come join us for fellowship and fun!
— Daily News
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines