Sandcreek Baptist Church
Things continue to be good at the local Baptist Youth Camp. Our campers returned last Sunday tired but excited. Remember to check the “need/request” list and bring your camp donations to the tub in the hallway. There’s always a need for more soda-pop, snacks and cleaning supplies. Remember the leaders and youth in your daily prayers. We will have a special visitor and the church will receive a special recognition on Sunday, June 30th. I know you’ll want to
attend and witness this exciting day in the life of Sandcreek Baptist Church. Reserve the date now and watch for more information next week. I hope you will attend church and Sunday School somewhere this Sunday. Your church, wherever it is, needs your physical and visible support and you need theirs. Your Christian friends look forward to seeing you each
week. Don’t let them down. You’ll receive a blessing from being in attendance. Have a good week and God Bless you and your family.
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. The lesson, “Worship With Meaning,” will be taken from Isaiah Chapter 29:9-16. The Devotional Reading accompanying this lesson comes from Luke Chapter 8:9-15, and background scripture being Isaiah Chapter 29. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m., with Interim Pastor, Robert “Bob” Leitgabel bringing the sermon: “What Is The Purpose Of Discipleship?” This week’s sermon will be taken from the book of Colossians Chapter 1:28. We welcome all to join us for a time of worship, praise, prayer, and fellowship.
We wish all of our fathers and grandfathers, a very special day as we honor them on this Father’s Day. May God bless each of them abundantly.
The One Great Hour of Sharing Campaign, will continue throughout the Month of June. Donations will be designated for the churches and victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes. May we keep all those who have been affected by these tornadoes, other tornadoes, severe weather, flash floods and wildfires throughout our country, in our prayers.
Donations are now being taken to provide needed supplies for the campers and staff at the Southeastern Baptist Youth Camp. Items needed include antibacterial concentrates (Lysol, Spic and Span, Mr, Clean, etc.), antibacterial spray, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brushes, dish soap, plastic and paper cups (8-16 oz.), disposable bowls (paper or plastic), small dessert-size plates (paper or plastic), plastic forks, knives and spoons, napkins, decaffeinated and regular coffee, decaffeinated and regular tea bags, sugar (4 to 5 lb. bags), all-purpose flour (5 lb. bags), vegetable shortening, canned pop and bottled water - Snack Shack, scissors, permanent markers, glue, shirt paint, Rit dye - Craft House. All items can be left on the pew in the Foyer of the church. May God bless all.
First Christian Church
The New Ministry, “Beyond Walls,” is aimed at young adults. A Kickoff Cookout will be on Saturday, June 22, 2013, at 3386 East Base Road. Beyond Walls is a group of 20 to 30-year-old adults striving to, “Love God, Love Each Other and Teach Others to do the Same.” The focus will be to go beyond the physical walls of the church as well as the personal walls used to guard ourselves.
The First Christian Church worship services are at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). The church is located at 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 am.
Gotta Move, a Vacation Bible School program for 3-year-olds through fifth grade graduates, will be held June 24-28 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Registration forms are available online at www.fccgreensburg.wix.com/home or at the church office.
The First Christian Church will be serving “free box lunches” in the Family Life Center on Wednesdays from noon to 1 p.m. through June and July to children under age 18. You must RSVP to the First Christian Church at 663-8488 to be served. For more information on the program, call the church office.
FCC New Host Site for Gleaners Food Bank in Decatur Co.
Starting July 15, and continuing on the third Monday of every month, Gleaners will bring their 10 bay food truck and park it on the FCC parking lot. Families are then welcome to come and get food “free of charge.” For more information call the church office at 663-8488.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
- Church Briefs Liberty Baptist Church Sunday, Dec. 8 Liberty Baptist Church will have Sunday School at 10 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. The Lesson, "Mary Sings Her Praise," will be taken from Luke 1:46-56. Church service will begin at 11:00 A.M. in the Sanctuary.
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church BUSY, BUSY TIMES!!!! Our weekly calendar is really full causing us to cancel practice for the Faith Singers Saturday morning because the deacons and lots of needed helpers will gather at 9:30 a.m. to do the "pre-decorating
- Lindsey Graham concert at Greensburg Wesleyan GREENSBURG - Greensburg Wesleyan Church is pleased to announce its Christmas Concert with Lindsey Graham at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1. This special service will be held at the Decatur County Community School Corporation's office, located on Montgomer
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First I must make a correction in my report of last week. I'm sure there must be a "little restaurant" in the town of Hartsville, however, the ladies of Sandcreek Baptist are going to a "little tea room/restaurant" in Hope o
- Blessed be the name! Elmore's Department Store was one of the three more enjoyable places for a young child to visit in my small, Southern, home town. Elmore's had the finest selection of Matchbox cars and baseball cards available. And while Elmore's was likely not much
- A positive minute: Giving thanks Around 1520, a reformation of the church was underway. In 1620 pilgrims from England landed in this new territory where they were searching for a place where they could worship God without persecution. The story began about eight or so years earlier
- Church Briefs First Christian Church The First Christian Church, located at 425 North Broadway, welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). Sunday school classes are at 9:30 a.m. Elev8 cl
- A positive minute: Veterans Day There's an old song that has been sung predominately in African American churches entitled, "I'm a soldier in the Army of the Lord." It's a peppy tune and one that I have played many times as I accompanied, on th
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First of all.............a great big THANK YOU to each of you who came to our recent soup supper. You were all very generous in support of our youth. And didn't they do a good job? Some were doing this f
- A positive minute: Z is for zeal John 2:17 "And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up." Webster defines ZEAL (noun) eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something : fervor; her zeal to succe
- More Church Headlines