Sandcreek Baptist Church
Things continue to be good at the local Baptist Youth Camp. Our campers returned last Sunday tired but excited. Remember to check the “need/request” list and bring your camp donations to the tub in the hallway. There’s always a need for more soda-pop, snacks and cleaning supplies. Remember the leaders and youth in your daily prayers. We will have a special visitor and the church will receive a special recognition on Sunday, June 30th. I know you’ll want to
attend and witness this exciting day in the life of Sandcreek Baptist Church. Reserve the date now and watch for more information next week. I hope you will attend church and Sunday School somewhere this Sunday. Your church, wherever it is, needs your physical and visible support and you need theirs. Your Christian friends look forward to seeing you each
week. Don’t let them down. You’ll receive a blessing from being in attendance. Have a good week and God Bless you and your family.
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. The lesson, “Worship With Meaning,” will be taken from Isaiah Chapter 29:9-16. The Devotional Reading accompanying this lesson comes from Luke Chapter 8:9-15, and background scripture being Isaiah Chapter 29. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m., with Interim Pastor, Robert “Bob” Leitgabel bringing the sermon: “What Is The Purpose Of Discipleship?” This week’s sermon will be taken from the book of Colossians Chapter 1:28. We welcome all to join us for a time of worship, praise, prayer, and fellowship.
We wish all of our fathers and grandfathers, a very special day as we honor them on this Father’s Day. May God bless each of them abundantly.
The One Great Hour of Sharing Campaign, will continue throughout the Month of June. Donations will be designated for the churches and victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes. May we keep all those who have been affected by these tornadoes, other tornadoes, severe weather, flash floods and wildfires throughout our country, in our prayers.
Donations are now being taken to provide needed supplies for the campers and staff at the Southeastern Baptist Youth Camp. Items needed include antibacterial concentrates (Lysol, Spic and Span, Mr, Clean, etc.), antibacterial spray, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brushes, dish soap, plastic and paper cups (8-16 oz.), disposable bowls (paper or plastic), small dessert-size plates (paper or plastic), plastic forks, knives and spoons, napkins, decaffeinated and regular coffee, decaffeinated and regular tea bags, sugar (4 to 5 lb. bags), all-purpose flour (5 lb. bags), vegetable shortening, canned pop and bottled water - Snack Shack, scissors, permanent markers, glue, shirt paint, Rit dye - Craft House. All items can be left on the pew in the Foyer of the church. May God bless all.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
- The Preacher: fiery prophet, God's anointed spokesman I grew up with a lot of religious rules. To violate these rules was to subject oneself to the judgment of God. If you had a fundamentalist upbringing, you may be familiar with some of these restrictions. No drinking, no smoking, no dancing, no playin
- Are you producing fruit or weeds? “Therefore by their fruits you will know them.”— Matthew 7:201965 was the last year my grandmother planted a garden. Now, this wasn’t just a little patch of ground with a few items, it was a large garden and as a teenager that was going to have to w
- Church Briefs Liberty Baptist ChurchSunday, Aug. 3Liberty Baptist Church will have Sunday School in the Fellowship Hall at 10 a.m. with the lesson being, “Treasure In Clay Jars” from 2 Corinthians 4: 1-15; Devotional Reading: Jude 17-25, and Background Scripture:
- Church Briefs Greensburg Wesleyan ChurchThe Life Line Screening will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, at the Greensburg Wesleyan Church Family Life Center 714 West Main.Please call 1-877-792-8479 to set up an appointment. Appointments must be set up
- A positive minute: Marvel mystery oil, of all things “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness.”— 1 Timothy 3:16My biological father was a skilled auto mechanic. Not being raised around him, I never honed those particular skills. I have, however, helped some mechanics pay their bills.
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist ChurchBe sure to mark the date for next Sunday’s business meeting and plan to attend. Prior to the meeting, the youth will be conducting the worship service. Come and support these young people as they grow in confidence and strengt
- A positive minute: Reunions are something to look forward to Donna and I recently made our way to Shelbyville, Illinois where we met up with her siblings and their families at Lake Shelbyville. The campgrounds were well-kept, clean and very peaceful. The rooms and the lodge were very nice.We had a great time w
- We could learn a lesson from rodeo: Either let go...or be dragged A friend who has some experience with rodeo horses sent me a most picturesque proverb: “Let go or be dragged.” Whether this phrase was first spoken by a Zen master who had achieved enlightenment on the mountainside, or by a battered cowboy nursing hi
- Church Briefs Liberty Baptist ChurchSunday, July 20Liberty Baptist Church will have Sunday School in the Fellowship Hall at 10 a.m. with the Lesson being, “Overcome Temptation” from 1 Corinthians 10: 6-22; Devotional Reading: Hebrews 3: 7-14, and Background Script
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist ChurchWhat a wonderful Fourth of July weekend! The weather was perfect and the parade was even bigger and better than last year. Enjoyed seeing all of the children with their bikes, some riding in wagons, etc. Hope you were there to
- More Church Headlines