Sandcreek Baptist Church
Things continue to be good at the local Baptist Youth Camp. Our campers returned last Sunday tired but excited. Remember to check the “need/request” list and bring your camp donations to the tub in the hallway. There’s always a need for more soda-pop, snacks and cleaning supplies. Remember the leaders and youth in your daily prayers. We will have a special visitor and the church will receive a special recognition on Sunday, June 30th. I know you’ll want to
attend and witness this exciting day in the life of Sandcreek Baptist Church. Reserve the date now and watch for more information next week. I hope you will attend church and Sunday School somewhere this Sunday. Your church, wherever it is, needs your physical and visible support and you need theirs. Your Christian friends look forward to seeing you each
week. Don’t let them down. You’ll receive a blessing from being in attendance. Have a good week and God Bless you and your family.
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. The lesson, “Worship With Meaning,” will be taken from Isaiah Chapter 29:9-16. The Devotional Reading accompanying this lesson comes from Luke Chapter 8:9-15, and background scripture being Isaiah Chapter 29. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m., with Interim Pastor, Robert “Bob” Leitgabel bringing the sermon: “What Is The Purpose Of Discipleship?” This week’s sermon will be taken from the book of Colossians Chapter 1:28. We welcome all to join us for a time of worship, praise, prayer, and fellowship.
We wish all of our fathers and grandfathers, a very special day as we honor them on this Father’s Day. May God bless each of them abundantly.
The One Great Hour of Sharing Campaign, will continue throughout the Month of June. Donations will be designated for the churches and victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes. May we keep all those who have been affected by these tornadoes, other tornadoes, severe weather, flash floods and wildfires throughout our country, in our prayers.
Donations are now being taken to provide needed supplies for the campers and staff at the Southeastern Baptist Youth Camp. Items needed include antibacterial concentrates (Lysol, Spic and Span, Mr, Clean, etc.), antibacterial spray, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brushes, dish soap, plastic and paper cups (8-16 oz.), disposable bowls (paper or plastic), small dessert-size plates (paper or plastic), plastic forks, knives and spoons, napkins, decaffeinated and regular coffee, decaffeinated and regular tea bags, sugar (4 to 5 lb. bags), all-purpose flour (5 lb. bags), vegetable shortening, canned pop and bottled water - Snack Shack, scissors, permanent markers, glue, shirt paint, Rit dye - Craft House. All items can be left on the pew in the Foyer of the church. May God bless all.
First Christian Church
The New Ministry, “Beyond Walls,” is aimed at young adults. A Kickoff Cookout will be on Saturday, June 22, 2013, at 3386 East Base Road. Beyond Walls is a group of 20 to 30-year-old adults striving to, “Love God, Love Each Other and Teach Others to do the Same.” The focus will be to go beyond the physical walls of the church as well as the personal walls used to guard ourselves.
The First Christian Church worship services are at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). The church is located at 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 am.
Gotta Move, a Vacation Bible School program for 3-year-olds through fifth grade graduates, will be held June 24-28 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Registration forms are available online at www.fccgreensburg.wix.com/home or at the church office.
The First Christian Church will be serving “free box lunches” in the Family Life Center on Wednesdays from noon to 1 p.m. through June and July to children under age 18. You must RSVP to the First Christian Church at 663-8488 to be served. For more information on the program, call the church office.
FCC New Host Site for Gleaners Food Bank in Decatur Co.
Starting July 15, and continuing on the third Monday of every month, Gleaners will bring their 10 bay food truck and park it on the FCC parking lot. Families are then welcome to come and get food “free of charge.” For more information call the church office at 663-8488.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- A positive minute: Called unto service The following is an excerpt from Dr. Layne's book, "Called unto a reasonable service." We were poor but we always had something to eat. I remember living in an old farmhouse that had an old "Home Comfort" wood cook stove. One winter, between my gran
- More Church Headlines