Sandcreek Baptist Church
This Sunday, we will again receive your offering for the Ministers and Missionaries.
We will also be gathering the contents of your Love Gift boxes. Bring your boxes to church Sunday morning and place them on the communion table. Sunday, the 16th, will be the last day we can include them in this year’s offering.
Also, next Sunday afternoon we will meet at Sandcreek, at 3 p.m., to begin our Community Progressive Christmas Celebration with Zion Methodist and Smyrna Lutheran. The afternoon will consist of some fellowship time, the singing of carols and other Christmas presentations.
Our journey will end at Smyrna with a fellowship meal at about 5:30 p.m.
On Dec. 16, during the morning worship service, we will have a Christmas program. If you want to participate with a song, poem, reading, etc., contact a member of the Christian board.
The Youth are planning a caroling party Dec. 22 beginning about 6 p.m. and ending at the church about 8 p.m. with hot chocolate and fellowship. Adults and family members are urged to join in this evening with the young folks of our church.
The Youth are also sorting the Christmas cards you brought for fellow church friends.
Look for yours on the table in the hallway.
If you prefer to send just one greeting to include everyone, there is a bulletin board in that same hallway where you can write a message or post one card for all to read.
Looking toward the end of the month, we will have a communion service Christmas Eve. You’ll want to reserve this date. I will update you later with the time.
I hope you’ll have the opportunity to see our decorated sanctuary after our Hanging of the Greens service last evening.
We had a good meal and great fellowship.
A big thank you to the ladies of the ABWM for the good food.
At this time of year it’s easy to be nice.
Put Christmas in your heart and bring it out at a later time so you can smile and be nice all year-round. Your family, friends and neighbors will appreciate it. You might even get a smile in return. See you in church.
First Christian Church
On Sunday, Dec. 9, you are welcomed to the combined service at 10 a.m. in the FCC Family Life Center. The children’s Christmas program is “The Greatest Gift of All.”
Property/trustees meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11.
Wednesday Evening Ministry Programs for children, youth and adults. Dinner at 6 p.m. for children and youth; classes at 6:30 p.m.
Golden Rule class Christmas Brunch begins at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8 in the Family Life Center Social Room.
First Christian Church Kids’ Closet is in need of boy’s new or gently used slacks and sweaters and girl’s new or gently used holiday dresses and used or new shoes for both boys and girls for next Closet opening. Next opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12.
There will be an open house for the FCC Kids’ Closet from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16. For more information, call Sue or Jerry at 663-2084.
Christmas Eve candlelight services from 5 to 7 p.m.
The Mix, one combined service, at 9 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 30, in the Family Life Center.
Haiti Mission Team is selling t-shirts for $15 to support their mission trip. To order, contact Shelly or Tim Watson (663-8246) or any other team member. The team is also selling canvas bags for $15 to $20 in a variety of colors. Bag can be monogrammed.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church
Parishioners and other volunteers have completed the eighth year of the perpetual adoration chapel, totaling 70,000 hours of adoration.
The chapel answers the question Jesus asked in the Garden of Gethsemane, “Could you not keep watch for one hour?” The chapel is open for adorers 24/7 and some people take two or three hours each week.
On Saturday, Dec. 8 we will be celebrating the Feast of the Imaculate Conception at the 8:30 a.m. Mass. Weekend Masses for the Second Sunday of Advent will be at the regular times, Saturday, 4:30 p.m., Sunday, 7, 9 and 11 a.m.
Advent Evening Prayer is being celebrated every Sunday during Advent at 4 p.m. in church.
Each year St. Mary’s students make a homemade Christmas card for residents of the local nursing homes. Students will also bring canned goods to be donated to the Cheer Fund for their Christmas baskets.
For additional information for any of St. Mary’s activities call 812-663-8427. Parish Office hours are Mon. to Fri. 8:15 a.m. to 4 p.m.
— Daily News
Sandcreek Baptist Church
- Church Briefs Liberty Baptist Church Sunday, Dec. 8 Liberty Baptist Church will have Sunday School at 10 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. The Lesson, "Mary Sings Her Praise," will be taken from Luke 1:46-56. Church service will begin at 11:00 A.M. in the Sanctuary.
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church BUSY, BUSY TIMES!!!! Our weekly calendar is really full causing us to cancel practice for the Faith Singers Saturday morning because the deacons and lots of needed helpers will gather at 9:30 a.m. to do the "pre-decorating
- Lindsey Graham concert at Greensburg Wesleyan GREENSBURG - Greensburg Wesleyan Church is pleased to announce its Christmas Concert with Lindsey Graham at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1. This special service will be held at the Decatur County Community School Corporation's office, located on Montgomer
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First I must make a correction in my report of last week. I'm sure there must be a "little restaurant" in the town of Hartsville, however, the ladies of Sandcreek Baptist are going to a "little tea room/restaurant" in Hope o
- Blessed be the name! Elmore's Department Store was one of the three more enjoyable places for a young child to visit in my small, Southern, home town. Elmore's had the finest selection of Matchbox cars and baseball cards available. And while Elmore's was likely not much
- A positive minute: Giving thanks Around 1520, a reformation of the church was underway. In 1620 pilgrims from England landed in this new territory where they were searching for a place where they could worship God without persecution. The story began about eight or so years earlier
- Church Briefs First Christian Church The First Christian Church, located at 425 North Broadway, welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). Sunday school classes are at 9:30 a.m. Elev8 cl
- A positive minute: Veterans Day There's an old song that has been sung predominately in African American churches entitled, "I'm a soldier in the Army of the Lord." It's a peppy tune and one that I have played many times as I accompanied, on th
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First of all.............a great big THANK YOU to each of you who came to our recent soup supper. You were all very generous in support of our youth. And didn't they do a good job? Some were doing this f
- A positive minute: Z is for zeal John 2:17 "And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up." Webster defines ZEAL (noun) eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something : fervor; her zeal to succe
- More Church Headlines