Sandcreek Baptist Church
This Sunday, we will again receive your offering for the Ministers and Missionaries.
We will also be gathering the contents of your Love Gift boxes. Bring your boxes to church Sunday morning and place them on the communion table. Sunday, the 16th, will be the last day we can include them in this year’s offering.
Also, next Sunday afternoon we will meet at Sandcreek, at 3 p.m., to begin our Community Progressive Christmas Celebration with Zion Methodist and Smyrna Lutheran. The afternoon will consist of some fellowship time, the singing of carols and other Christmas presentations.
Our journey will end at Smyrna with a fellowship meal at about 5:30 p.m.
On Dec. 16, during the morning worship service, we will have a Christmas program. If you want to participate with a song, poem, reading, etc., contact a member of the Christian board.
The Youth are planning a caroling party Dec. 22 beginning about 6 p.m. and ending at the church about 8 p.m. with hot chocolate and fellowship. Adults and family members are urged to join in this evening with the young folks of our church.
The Youth are also sorting the Christmas cards you brought for fellow church friends.
Look for yours on the table in the hallway.
If you prefer to send just one greeting to include everyone, there is a bulletin board in that same hallway where you can write a message or post one card for all to read.
Looking toward the end of the month, we will have a communion service Christmas Eve. You’ll want to reserve this date. I will update you later with the time.
I hope you’ll have the opportunity to see our decorated sanctuary after our Hanging of the Greens service last evening.
We had a good meal and great fellowship.
A big thank you to the ladies of the ABWM for the good food.
At this time of year it’s easy to be nice.
Put Christmas in your heart and bring it out at a later time so you can smile and be nice all year-round. Your family, friends and neighbors will appreciate it. You might even get a smile in return. See you in church.
First Christian Church
On Sunday, Dec. 9, you are welcomed to the combined service at 10 a.m. in the FCC Family Life Center. The children’s Christmas program is “The Greatest Gift of All.”
Property/trustees meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11.
Wednesday Evening Ministry Programs for children, youth and adults. Dinner at 6 p.m. for children and youth; classes at 6:30 p.m.
Golden Rule class Christmas Brunch begins at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8 in the Family Life Center Social Room.
First Christian Church Kids’ Closet is in need of boy’s new or gently used slacks and sweaters and girl’s new or gently used holiday dresses and used or new shoes for both boys and girls for next Closet opening. Next opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12.
There will be an open house for the FCC Kids’ Closet from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16. For more information, call Sue or Jerry at 663-2084.
Christmas Eve candlelight services from 5 to 7 p.m.
The Mix, one combined service, at 9 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 30, in the Family Life Center.
Haiti Mission Team is selling t-shirts for $15 to support their mission trip. To order, contact Shelly or Tim Watson (663-8246) or any other team member. The team is also selling canvas bags for $15 to $20 in a variety of colors. Bag can be monogrammed.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church
Parishioners and other volunteers have completed the eighth year of the perpetual adoration chapel, totaling 70,000 hours of adoration.
The chapel answers the question Jesus asked in the Garden of Gethsemane, “Could you not keep watch for one hour?” The chapel is open for adorers 24/7 and some people take two or three hours each week.
On Saturday, Dec. 8 we will be celebrating the Feast of the Imaculate Conception at the 8:30 a.m. Mass. Weekend Masses for the Second Sunday of Advent will be at the regular times, Saturday, 4:30 p.m., Sunday, 7, 9 and 11 a.m.
Advent Evening Prayer is being celebrated every Sunday during Advent at 4 p.m. in church.
Each year St. Mary’s students make a homemade Christmas card for residents of the local nursing homes. Students will also bring canned goods to be donated to the Cheer Fund for their Christmas baskets.
For additional information for any of St. Mary’s activities call 812-663-8427. Parish Office hours are Mon. to Fri. 8:15 a.m. to 4 p.m.
— Daily News
Sandcreek Baptist Church
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines