St. John’s United Church of Christ, Batesville
Bereavement Support for those who have lost someone is every Thursday until June 13.
The group meets at 6 p.m. at St. John’s United Church of Christ in Batesville.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
Be sure to make plans to attend our business meeting scheduled for Sunday, April 7, immediately following our 10 a.m. traditional service.
It is important that all members are in attendance at this meeting as we need eveyone’s imput and ideas that concern the ongoing ministry of our Sandcreek Baptist Church.
I hope you’re still collecting those aluminum can tabs and adding them to the jar in the hallway. Also, keep looking for Educational bonus points coupons on various cake mixes, soups, cereals, etc. There is also a collection jar for them and they help our local schools.
So, Easter is over...now what?
Don’t lose the excitement of the Easter resurrection. Keep tuned to the promise of spring and all it brings.
Soon we’ll be seeing the color of new blossoms on trees and flowers. They are a reminder of the new life Jesus promised each of His followers. I hope your Easter activities included the attendance of church at some time during the week. Don’t overlook the chance to be there again this Sunday. Whether at Sandcreek or at the church of your choice. Someone will be looking for you somewhere. Don’t let them down.
First Christian Church of Greensburg
Free breakfast delivery for those in need is the first Saturday of every month.
The next delivery is Saturday, April 6. Call the church office at 812-663-8488 and leave a message with your name, address, and phone number to request a delivery.
Join us for our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary) at the First Christian Church of Greensburg, 425 North Broadway. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth, and adults, will meet this week. Dinner will be served to the children, youth, and volunteers at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Classes for all ages will begin at 6:30 p.m. Senior high youth meet Sunday evening at 6 p.m. for dinner in the Family Life Center and class will start at 6:30 p.m.
Men’s Open Gym in the Family Life Center is every Monday at 6:00 pm. There is no charge to participate.
If you do not like to shop, the FCC Kids’ Closet of Decatur County has volunteers who love to shop. We will be shopping for winter sales at the Edinburgh Outlet and would appreciate any monetary donations. Please make checks payable to the FCC Kids’ Closet. Our next closet opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. April 10 Thanks so much! For more information, call Jerry or Sue Abplanalp at 663-2084.
Yard Sale at First Christian Church:
Friday, April 12 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) Saturday, April 13 (8 a.m. to noon)
All proceeds go toward youth summer trips!
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m.
We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church Service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m., with a Gideon Speaker bringing the message, while Interim Pastor Bob Lietgabel travels to China for a week for work.
Please join us for a time of worship, praise and fellowship.
There will be a Quarterly Business Meeting following the Church Service. May God bless all.
A heartfelt Thank You to all who participated and helped in any way during our Holy Week, and Resurrection (Easter) Sunday Services: Pastor from both the Burney Baptist Church and Pastor Leitgabel from Liberty Baptist on Maundy Thursday, Pastor Leitgabel on Good Friday, Gary McCreary and the Liberty Baptist Men for doing the Sunrise Service, Reba Thompson and the Liberty Baptist Women for the delicious Easter Breakfast, and all who joined with us during this most Holy and wonderful celebration regarding Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior’s sacrifice for us, and the fact that through His death and resurrection, all who believe in Him may have Salvation and Everlasting Life.
On Saturday, March 30, a group of approximately 17 went to the Cincinnati History Museum to see the Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit.
This was a very interesting trip; much was learned and a good time was had by all who participated. We would like to Thank Pastor Bob Leitgabel and his wife for making the arrangements, etc. for this trip.
— Daily News
St. John’s United Church of Christ, Batesville
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines