St. John’s United Church of Christ, Batesville
Bereavement Support for those who have lost someone is every Thursday until June 13.
The group meets at 6 p.m. at St. John’s United Church of Christ in Batesville.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
Be sure to make plans to attend our business meeting scheduled for Sunday, April 7, immediately following our 10 a.m. traditional service.
It is important that all members are in attendance at this meeting as we need eveyone’s imput and ideas that concern the ongoing ministry of our Sandcreek Baptist Church.
I hope you’re still collecting those aluminum can tabs and adding them to the jar in the hallway. Also, keep looking for Educational bonus points coupons on various cake mixes, soups, cereals, etc. There is also a collection jar for them and they help our local schools.
So, Easter is over...now what?
Don’t lose the excitement of the Easter resurrection. Keep tuned to the promise of spring and all it brings.
Soon we’ll be seeing the color of new blossoms on trees and flowers. They are a reminder of the new life Jesus promised each of His followers. I hope your Easter activities included the attendance of church at some time during the week. Don’t overlook the chance to be there again this Sunday. Whether at Sandcreek or at the church of your choice. Someone will be looking for you somewhere. Don’t let them down.
First Christian Church of Greensburg
Free breakfast delivery for those in need is the first Saturday of every month.
The next delivery is Saturday, April 6. Call the church office at 812-663-8488 and leave a message with your name, address, and phone number to request a delivery.
Join us for our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary) at the First Christian Church of Greensburg, 425 North Broadway. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth, and adults, will meet this week. Dinner will be served to the children, youth, and volunteers at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Classes for all ages will begin at 6:30 p.m. Senior high youth meet Sunday evening at 6 p.m. for dinner in the Family Life Center and class will start at 6:30 p.m.
Men’s Open Gym in the Family Life Center is every Monday at 6:00 pm. There is no charge to participate.
If you do not like to shop, the FCC Kids’ Closet of Decatur County has volunteers who love to shop. We will be shopping for winter sales at the Edinburgh Outlet and would appreciate any monetary donations. Please make checks payable to the FCC Kids’ Closet. Our next closet opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. April 10 Thanks so much! For more information, call Jerry or Sue Abplanalp at 663-2084.
Yard Sale at First Christian Church:
Friday, April 12 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) Saturday, April 13 (8 a.m. to noon)
All proceeds go toward youth summer trips!
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m.
We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church Service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m., with a Gideon Speaker bringing the message, while Interim Pastor Bob Lietgabel travels to China for a week for work.
Please join us for a time of worship, praise and fellowship.
There will be a Quarterly Business Meeting following the Church Service. May God bless all.
A heartfelt Thank You to all who participated and helped in any way during our Holy Week, and Resurrection (Easter) Sunday Services: Pastor from both the Burney Baptist Church and Pastor Leitgabel from Liberty Baptist on Maundy Thursday, Pastor Leitgabel on Good Friday, Gary McCreary and the Liberty Baptist Men for doing the Sunrise Service, Reba Thompson and the Liberty Baptist Women for the delicious Easter Breakfast, and all who joined with us during this most Holy and wonderful celebration regarding Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior’s sacrifice for us, and the fact that through His death and resurrection, all who believe in Him may have Salvation and Everlasting Life.
On Saturday, March 30, a group of approximately 17 went to the Cincinnati History Museum to see the Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit.
This was a very interesting trip; much was learned and a good time was had by all who participated. We would like to Thank Pastor Bob Leitgabel and his wife for making the arrangements, etc. for this trip.
— Daily News
St. John’s United Church of Christ, Batesville
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church BUSY, BUSY TIMES!!!! Our weekly calendar is really full causing us to cancel practice for the Faith Singers Saturday morning because the deacons and lots of needed helpers will gather at 9:30 a.m. to do the "pre-decorating
- Lindsey Graham concert at Greensburg Wesleyan GREENSBURG - Greensburg Wesleyan Church is pleased to announce its Christmas Concert with Lindsey Graham at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1. This special service will be held at the Decatur County Community School Corporation's office, located on Montgomer
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First I must make a correction in my report of last week. I'm sure there must be a "little restaurant" in the town of Hartsville, however, the ladies of Sandcreek Baptist are going to a "little tea room/restaurant" in Hope o
- Blessed be the name! Elmore's Department Store was one of the three more enjoyable places for a young child to visit in my small, Southern, home town. Elmore's had the finest selection of Matchbox cars and baseball cards available. And while Elmore's was likely not much
- A positive minute: Giving thanks Around 1520, a reformation of the church was underway. In 1620 pilgrims from England landed in this new territory where they were searching for a place where they could worship God without persecution. The story began about eight or so years earlier
- Church Briefs First Christian Church The First Christian Church, located at 425 North Broadway, welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). Sunday school classes are at 9:30 a.m. Elev8 cl
- A positive minute: Veterans Day There's an old song that has been sung predominately in African American churches entitled, "I'm a soldier in the Army of the Lord." It's a peppy tune and one that I have played many times as I accompanied, on th
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First of all.............a great big THANK YOU to each of you who came to our recent soup supper. You were all very generous in support of our youth. And didn't they do a good job? Some were doing this f
- A positive minute: Z is for zeal John 2:17 "And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up." Webster defines ZEAL (noun) eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something : fervor; her zeal to succe
- Keeping the Faith: Never Submit One of my sons has a motto by which he attempts to live his life. It is: "Never submit." I can attest that he practices this maxim rigorously, and it serves him well in many situations, giving him grit and determination. But a
- More Church Headlines