Waldron United Methodist
Sign up now for the first annual barbecue and cook-off at Waldron United Methodist.
First place receives $500. Second through fifth place will receive more than $600 in prizes. Judging begins at 10:45 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 29, in Waldron.
The fundraiser barbecue is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Prizes will be awarded at 2:30 p.m.
Call pastor Bill Clark for an entry form at 765-525-6026 or visit www.waldronumc.org.
St. Paul's Lutheran Church
St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Smyrna's annual Fall Festival and Pork Chop Dinner runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 9.
Dinner consists of famous "Smyrna burgers," butterfly chops, pork burgers, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, slaw, applesauce and homemade pie.
Event is a free-will offering. Carry-outs available for $9. Homemade ice cream also available.
Church is located at 3815 South County Road 550 East.
St. Mary's Catholic Church
On Sept. 13, St. Mary's parish will hold a "Basics & Beliefs" session at 7 p.m. It will be held in the education building by the church at 7 p.m.
Youthfest 2012 is set for Saturday, Sept. 8 at 5:30 p.m. for grades 6 to 12. Registration 5:30 p.m., games from 6 to 11 p.m.
Concessions available, pizza, soft drinks and candy for modest charge.
Corn Hole, Texas Hold'em tourney, five member team challenges and many door prizes.
St. Mary's new School, Greensburg, 1331 North Unter Robbins Way, just off Millhousen Road
Attention all Mothers of pre-schoolers (birth-age 6) MOPS Greensburg meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, September-May from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at the Community Church of Greensburg. It's a time to relax, connect, learn,
create, grow and eat a delicious breakfast. Call 812-662-8331 for information.
St Mary's Bereavement Ministry Team is offering "Seasons of Hope", a Catholic bereavement program beginning September 10. It's a 6 week program from 6:45-8:30 p.m in St. Mary's Education Center.
All grades for Wednesday Religious Education classes will be September 10.
First Christian Church of Greensburg
First Christian Church of Greensburg, located at 425 North Broadway, welcomes you to our worship services each Sunday at 8 and 10:30 a.m.
Christian Education classes meet at 9:15 a.m.
During our 10:30 a.m. service you can "WOW" (Worship Our Way).
Worship time for children ages kindergarten through fourth grade begins at 10:30 a.m. after song service each Sunday.
Wednesday evening, Sept. 12, Children’s Ministry, Student Ministry and Adult Ministry start at 6 p.m. (classes run from 6:30-7:30 p.m.)
The Adult Class (Video Series) will be taught by Danny Wolford.
The Haiti Mission Team will host a fish fry and corn hole tournament from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 9, in the Family Life Center. Mark that date and enjoy the fellowship, good food, and fun!
Sandcreek Baptist Church
We, at Sandcreek, will hold our annual Women's Day service Sunday morning, September 16. Our special speaker will come from the Edna Martin Christian Center in Indianapolis. I'm sure she'll have some interesting things to report, as well as tell us all about their center and the services they offer to their local community. The ladies of the church will conduct the morning service.
Planning ahead, we'll have Rally Day in October with a fun filled variety show following the morning service. Then, over fall break from school, we'll hold a vacation bible school. I'll be sending more information on these two upcoming events.
Our softball season has come to a close with a perfect record of losses. We were defeated in every game Ñ but only by the score. Along with our winning spirits we enjoyed the fellowship and competition. We're already looking forward to next year with plenty of time to practice in the "off season."
Of course you know there is no "off season" when it comes to our God. You expect Him to be there when you need Him, and He expects to see/hear from you daily. Start your week with worship at Sandcreek Baptist. We'll be expecting you. Come at 9 a.m., for Sunday School for all ages and, stay for our traditional worship service at 10. We're located south on U.S. 421, about 3.5 miles from Greensburg. See you Sunday. Have a good week.
St. Peter's United Church of Christ, Osgood
Our Coffee Social will be held from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Thursday, September 20. We'll be serving a full menu, including home-made bread, coffee cake, hot ham, cold cuts, tacos, macaroni & cheese, baked beans, green beans, hot potato salad, beef and noodles, salads, beverages, and more.
The entire community is welcome. The charge is a free-will offering.
St. Peter's United Church of Christ is located at 1463 West County Road 700 North, Osgood, at the corner of 700 North and Finks Road.
Lighthouse Chapel will hold a Singwith the "Inspirations of Faith," starting at 10 a.m., September 9. We'll hold a second Singwith the "Inspirations of Faith," at 6 p.m., that same night. We welcome all to come and enjoy the fellowship, music and blessings of the Lord.
Lighthouse Chapel is located on 700 South Road.
First Baptist Church
On Sunday, Sept. 23, First Baptist Church will hold "Church on the Road" at the Southeastern Baptist Youth Camp in Westport. Bus transportation from First Baptist Church will be available to shuttle attendees to the Camp starting at 9 a.m.
Camp services start at 9:30 a.m., with a ministry in song and music. The worship service starts at 10:30 a.m., with nursery provided. Please bring a lawn chair.
A catered meal will be served at noon. Please make reservations for the meal.
Overnight accommodations are available at the Youth Camp Sept. 22 for work projects and a campfire.
For more information, call 663-3778.
Community Church of Greensburg
Fall break-out VBS at Community Church, 1427 W. Vandalia Road, Greensburg, on Oct. 8 to 12, from 8 a.m. to noon each day. Program is for ages 3 through fifth grade.
Join us to "put faith in motion" as we study about the journeys of Paul. For information and to register, phone 812-662-8331 or go to icommunitychurch.com.
Send your church's events to the Daily News by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ñ Daily News
Waldron United Methodist
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines