Sandcreek Baptist Church
The first thing I want to alert you to is our annual spring change to your clocks.
You will “spring” forward one hour at bedtime Saturday night. Don’t be late for your favorite Sunday School class/lesson and the worship service that follows.
We will again be accepting your donations for the America for Christ offering this Sunday.
Remember my suggestion about shopping/looking for baby gifts? Well, this Sunday you can bring your chosen gift to church for baby boy Wallace.
There will be a “special” table in the hallway where you can place your gift.
As a part of our worship service, the baby will be dedicated. I’m sure you’ll want to be there to share this special time with these new parents and their family.
Are you wondering about the JPS man? Well, as before, he knocked on several doors but found no one to take the delivery of the cross. Of course Peter denied needing it, Pilot didn’t want it, and Judas had his own excuse.
All the JPS man needs is a signature. Will you consider signing for the cross?
Plans are being made for a meal on Maundy Thursday, so we are asking those who are planning to attend to sign the sheet in the hallway so we can plan for everyone.
The Baptist Youth Camp is planning to realize a long time dream but they need our/your help. That dream is to build a swimming pool at the camp.
The amount is huge, but if we work and give together their goal can be reached.
I’ll give more on this in future writings In the meantime you can begin to “lay aside” whatever you feel you can share and watch for the time to give your donation.
As I write, today, we are being told that winter is not going away quietly.
We can expect snow, rain, and possible sleet/freezing rain. Not good. However, as always, the sun will come out and we will feel its warmth again. That warmth is always there, but sometimes other things block it from us. It’s the same with our relationship with God. He’s always there but we allow “other” things to come between us and we become separated for a time. But just like the sun in the sky, the Son in heaven is there waiting for us to clear away the “fog” and come back to Him again. Keep looking for the Son and we’ll look for you on Sunday. Don’t let other things come between you and your attendance in Sunday School and Church.
Liberty Baptist Church
Daylight Savings Time begins at 2 a.m. Sunday morning. Please remember to set your clock forward one hour Saturday night.
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the fellowship hall at 9:30 a.m. We welcome all to come join in this wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be at 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary with Interim Pastor Robert “Bob” Leitgabel bringing the message: “Encourage Others to Be More Than They Can Be on Their Own.” This week’s sermon will be taken from Titus Chapter 2. Please join us for a time of worship, praise and fellowship.
Part 2 of the Bible mini-series will be on the History Channel at 8 p.m. Sunday, March 10.
We would like to remind everyone that there are still openings for the upcoming Walk to Emmaus weekends March 7 to 10 (men’s) and March 14 to 17 (women’s). The walks will be held at First Baptist Church and are an exploration of the basics of our faith and how to incorporate them into our daily living.
You can find a brief video explaining this weekend event at emmaus.upperroom.org or visit www.greensburgemmaus.org.
Tickets are still available for the trip to the Cincinnati History Museum on Saturday, March 30, to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. Tickets are $19. If you would like to see this exhibit, a sign up sheet will on the back table at the church, or you may contact Pastor Leitgabel at 812-614-2977 for more information.
Throughout the month of March, we will be doing the 2013 America for Christ offering. Information and envelopes for this offering are on the back table at the church.
On March 31, anyone interested may participate in the Thirty Pieces of Silver offering. If interested in participating, collect 30 coins (quarters, dimes, nickels, half-dollars, silver dollars) in a sandwich baggie. On Easter morning, these will be collected or placed on the table in front of the Sanctuary. The use for the money collected will be determined at the next quarterly business meeting. May God bless all.
First Christian Church
Join us at our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). Sunday School classes meet at 9:30 a.m.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth and adults will meet this week. A dinner will be served at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center for children, youth and volunteers. Classes for all ages will begin at 6:30 p.m. including a Resurrection Egg Hunt for children in fifth grade and under. Senior High youth will meet at 6 p.m. Sunday for dinner in the Family Life Center, and class will start at 6:30 p.m.
Men’s open gym in the Family Life Center is every Monday at 6 p.m. There is no charge to participate.
Join us for our special services and events this Easter. We’ll start with Palm Sunday, March 24. Children are invited to wave palms at both the 8 and 10:30 a.m. services. Our Communion Service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 285. Our Easter worship services will be at 8 a.m. in the Sanctuary and at 10:30 a.m. in the Family Life Center. There will be no Sunday School. Breakfast will be served in the Family Life Center from 7 to 10 a.m. Everyone is welcome to join us in our worship service and to enjoy breakfast with us.
The FCC Kids’ Closet of Decatur County is in need of new underwear and socks for boys and girls. Used shoes are also in great demand. Stores are running winter clothing sales now. We need clothes sizes 4T-16/18. Our next closet opening will be Wednesday, March 13, from 4 to 6 p.m. Thanks for all your donations. For more information call Jerry or Sue Abplanalp at 663-2084.
— Daily News
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- A positive minute: Called unto service The following is an excerpt from Dr. Layne's book, "Called unto a reasonable service." We were poor but we always had something to eat. I remember living in an old farmhouse that had an old "Home Comfort" wood cook stove. One winter, between my gran
- More Church Headlines