Sandcreek Baptist Church
On Saturday, the Faith Singers will have a short practice at 9 a.m., then at 10 a.m. the church will host an egg hunt for the children.
On Easter morning we will have a Sunrise service at 7:30 a.m. followed by breakfast at 8 a.m. Our regular Sunday morning schedule will follow with Sunday School for all ages at 9 a.m. and our traditional worship service at 10 a.m. We hope to see you at Sandcreek, but if we’re not your choice please attend services somewhere with your family and friends.
It was announced that this will be the last Sunday to submit your opinion survey on a baptistry at Sandcreek. Add your survey to the box on the hallway table and come hear the report at the business meeting on the 7th.
Also, continue to consider your giving toward a swimming pool at the Baptist Youth Camp. No donation is too small.
As I write, the snow continues to fall ever so slowly but consistently. Even though they may be small in size, those snowflakes continue to accumulate. Seems to be similar to God’s blessings. Sometimes we don’t even notice them, but God continues to shower us with all sizes of blessings in our lives.
It would be good for each of us to take the time to look at/for those blessings just as we pause to look at the snowfall.
Don’t overlook the blessing of Easter and what the risen Saviour means to our lives.
Liberty Baptist Church
Resurrection Sunday, March 31, 2013
Liberty Baptist Church welcomes all members of the church and the surrounding communities to come enjoy fellowship, praise and worship as we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, that we may have eternal life. We hope that all who wish to will come join us.
Resurrection Sunday at Liberty Baptist Church will begin with Sunrise Service at 7 a.m. with the men giving the program; breakfast to follow in the Fellowship Hall.
Sunday School will begin at 8:30 a.m.
Worship Service will begin at 9:30 a.m. with Pastor Bob Leitgabel giving Part II of the message, “Two Men For Three Days.” Scriptures will include Jonah Ch. 2.
Anyone interested in participating in the 30 Pieces of Silver Collection is asked to collect 30 pieces of silver (nickels, dimes, quarters) in a sandwich baggie and lay it on the altar Easter morning.
Anyone that would like to help decorate the Sanctuary for Easter, please bring a potted plant to set on the stage.
Month of March - We are doing the 2013 America for Christ Offering. Information and envelopes for this offering are on the back table at the church.
We welcome everyone who would like to join us for any, or all of these activities. May God Bless All this Easter.
First Christian Church of Greensburg
Join us at our Easter worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) in the sanctuary and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary) in the Family Life Center of First Christian Church of Greensburg, 425 North Broadway.
There will be no Sunday School classes. Breakfast will be served in the Family Life Center from 7 to 10 a.m. Everyone is welcome to join us in our worship services and to enjoy breakfast with us.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth and adults, will meet this week.
Everyone is invited to the pot luck dinner this week at 5:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center.
Classes for all ages begin at 6:30 p.m. Senior high youth meet at 6 p.m. Sunday for dinner in the Family Life Center. Class will start at 6:30 p.m., but there will be no meeting March 31 due to Spring break.
Men’s open gym in the Family Life Center is every Monday at 6 p.m. There is no charge to participate.
If you do not like to shop, the FCC Kids’ Closet of Decatur County has volunteers who do. We will be shopping for winter sales at the Edinburgh Outlet Mall and would appreciate any monetary donations.
Please make checks payable to the FCC Kids’ Closet. Our next closet opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. April 10. Thanks so much! For more information, call Jerry or Sue Abplanalp at 663-2084.
Yard sale at the church from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, April 5, and from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 6. All proceeds go toward youth summer trips.
— Daily News
Sandcreek Baptist Church
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church BUSY, BUSY TIMES!!!! Our weekly calendar is really full causing us to cancel practice for the Faith Singers Saturday morning because the deacons and lots of needed helpers will gather at 9:30 a.m. to do the "pre-decorating
- Lindsey Graham concert at Greensburg Wesleyan GREENSBURG - Greensburg Wesleyan Church is pleased to announce its Christmas Concert with Lindsey Graham at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1. This special service will be held at the Decatur County Community School Corporation's office, located on Montgomer
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First I must make a correction in my report of last week. I'm sure there must be a "little restaurant" in the town of Hartsville, however, the ladies of Sandcreek Baptist are going to a "little tea room/restaurant" in Hope o
- Blessed be the name! Elmore's Department Store was one of the three more enjoyable places for a young child to visit in my small, Southern, home town. Elmore's had the finest selection of Matchbox cars and baseball cards available. And while Elmore's was likely not much
- A positive minute: Giving thanks Around 1520, a reformation of the church was underway. In 1620 pilgrims from England landed in this new territory where they were searching for a place where they could worship God without persecution. The story began about eight or so years earlier
- Church Briefs First Christian Church The First Christian Church, located at 425 North Broadway, welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). Sunday school classes are at 9:30 a.m. Elev8 cl
- A positive minute: Veterans Day There's an old song that has been sung predominately in African American churches entitled, "I'm a soldier in the Army of the Lord." It's a peppy tune and one that I have played many times as I accompanied, on th
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First of all.............a great big THANK YOU to each of you who came to our recent soup supper. You were all very generous in support of our youth. And didn't they do a good job? Some were doing this f
- A positive minute: Z is for zeal John 2:17 "And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up." Webster defines ZEAL (noun) eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something : fervor; her zeal to succe
- Keeping the Faith: Never Submit One of my sons has a motto by which he attempts to live his life. It is: "Never submit." I can attest that he practices this maxim rigorously, and it serves him well in many situations, giving him grit and determination. But a
- More Church Headlines