Sandcreek Baptist Church
On Saturday, the Faith Singers will have a short practice at 9 a.m., then at 10 a.m. the church will host an egg hunt for the children.
On Easter morning we will have a Sunrise service at 7:30 a.m. followed by breakfast at 8 a.m. Our regular Sunday morning schedule will follow with Sunday School for all ages at 9 a.m. and our traditional worship service at 10 a.m. We hope to see you at Sandcreek, but if we’re not your choice please attend services somewhere with your family and friends.
It was announced that this will be the last Sunday to submit your opinion survey on a baptistry at Sandcreek. Add your survey to the box on the hallway table and come hear the report at the business meeting on the 7th.
Also, continue to consider your giving toward a swimming pool at the Baptist Youth Camp. No donation is too small.
As I write, the snow continues to fall ever so slowly but consistently. Even though they may be small in size, those snowflakes continue to accumulate. Seems to be similar to God’s blessings. Sometimes we don’t even notice them, but God continues to shower us with all sizes of blessings in our lives.
It would be good for each of us to take the time to look at/for those blessings just as we pause to look at the snowfall.
Don’t overlook the blessing of Easter and what the risen Saviour means to our lives.
Liberty Baptist Church
Resurrection Sunday, March 31, 2013
Liberty Baptist Church welcomes all members of the church and the surrounding communities to come enjoy fellowship, praise and worship as we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, that we may have eternal life. We hope that all who wish to will come join us.
Resurrection Sunday at Liberty Baptist Church will begin with Sunrise Service at 7 a.m. with the men giving the program; breakfast to follow in the Fellowship Hall.
Sunday School will begin at 8:30 a.m.
Worship Service will begin at 9:30 a.m. with Pastor Bob Leitgabel giving Part II of the message, “Two Men For Three Days.” Scriptures will include Jonah Ch. 2.
Anyone interested in participating in the 30 Pieces of Silver Collection is asked to collect 30 pieces of silver (nickels, dimes, quarters) in a sandwich baggie and lay it on the altar Easter morning.
Anyone that would like to help decorate the Sanctuary for Easter, please bring a potted plant to set on the stage.
Month of March - We are doing the 2013 America for Christ Offering. Information and envelopes for this offering are on the back table at the church.
We welcome everyone who would like to join us for any, or all of these activities. May God Bless All this Easter.
First Christian Church of Greensburg
Join us at our Easter worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) in the sanctuary and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary) in the Family Life Center of First Christian Church of Greensburg, 425 North Broadway.
There will be no Sunday School classes. Breakfast will be served in the Family Life Center from 7 to 10 a.m. Everyone is welcome to join us in our worship services and to enjoy breakfast with us.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth and adults, will meet this week.
Everyone is invited to the pot luck dinner this week at 5:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center.
Classes for all ages begin at 6:30 p.m. Senior high youth meet at 6 p.m. Sunday for dinner in the Family Life Center. Class will start at 6:30 p.m., but there will be no meeting March 31 due to Spring break.
Men’s open gym in the Family Life Center is every Monday at 6 p.m. There is no charge to participate.
If you do not like to shop, the FCC Kids’ Closet of Decatur County has volunteers who do. We will be shopping for winter sales at the Edinburgh Outlet Mall and would appreciate any monetary donations.
Please make checks payable to the FCC Kids’ Closet. Our next closet opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. April 10. Thanks so much! For more information, call Jerry or Sue Abplanalp at 663-2084.
Yard sale at the church from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, April 5, and from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 6. All proceeds go toward youth summer trips.
— Daily News
Sandcreek Baptist Church
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines