First Christian Church
Join us at our worship services at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary) at First Christian Church of Greensburg, 425 North Broadway. Sunday school classes meet at 9:30 a.m.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth and adults, will meet this week. Everyone is invited to the pot luck dinner this week at 5:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Classes for all ages will begin at 6:30 p.m. Senior high youth will meet Sunday evening at 6 p.m. for dinner in the Family Life Center and class will start at 6:30 p.m.
There’s a men’s open gym in the Family Life Center every Monday at 6 p.m. There is no charge to participate.
Our Easter worship services will be at 8 a.m. in the sanctuary and at 10:30 a.m. in the Family Life Center. Breakfast will be served in the Family Life Center from 7 to 10:30 a.m. Everyone is welcome to join us in our worship services and to enjoy breakfast with us.
The FCC Kids’ Closet of Decatur County is in need of new underwear and socks for boys and girls. Used shoes are also in great demand. Stores are running winter clothing sales. We need clothes sizes 4T-16/18. Our next Closet opening will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 13. Thank you for all your donations!
Greensburg Wesleyan Church
Greensburg Wesleyan Church will have a Soup Supper to benefit their Kids Club ministry. The event will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday, March 2 at the Family Life Center located at 714 W. Main St., Greensburg. Your meal will consist of a variety of soups, peanut butter sandwich, dessert and drink. Carry-out is available. Event is a free will offering.
Kids Club meets every Wednesday night throughout the school year from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for ages three years to 6th grade. We provide snacks, crafts, Bible stories, music and field trips to the YMCA. If you would like more information, please call Greensburg Wesleyan Church at 663-6230.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
For the next two Sundays, we will be accepting your donations to the America For Christ offering.
Youths are reminded of their Sunday evening practices, at 6 p.m., for the upcoming Easter program.
It is important that you attend these practices and the fellowship that follows.
Ladies, you might be looking for a baby gift as we will be hosting a baby shower in the future. Will give more details at a later time.
Are you wondering about the JPS man? Was he able to make his delivery this past week? The answer is NO! It seems no one wants to accept the cross. He spoke with four women but not one of them would accept it. Each had their own excuse/reason why they didn’t need it or want it. Will he be successful this Sunday?
Won’t you join us, at Sandcreek, for Sunday School at 9 a.m. followed by the traditional worship service at 10 a.m.? Come and see for yourself if he is able to make his delivery. You might even have some suggestions for him.
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the fellowship hall at 9:30 a.m. We welcome all to join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service begins at 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary, with Interim Pastor Robert "Bob" Leitgabel bringing the message. He will be continuing the series on "Encouragement" as we will continue looking at Barnabas. This week's sermon will be taken from the book of Philemon. Please join us for a time of worship, praise and fellowship.
We would like to remind everyone that there are still openings for the upcoming Walk to Emmaus weekends March 7 to 10 (men's) and March 14 to 17 (women's). The walks will be held at First Baptist Church and are an exploration of the basics of our faith and how to incorporate them into our daily living. You can find a brief video explaining this weekend event at emmaus.upperrom.org or visit www.greensburgareaemmaus.org. May God bless all.
St. Mary's Catholic Church
At 7 p.m. March 3 to March 5, St. Mary's Parish mission will present Archabbot Lambert Reilly. Morning sessions begin at 9 a.m. March 4 and 5 at the church.
His topic is "The Year of Faith Looks to Our Conversion." Reilly holds degrees from St. Vincent College, Penn., St. Meinrad School of Theology, Duquesne University, and he has completed graduate studies at the Catholic University of America, Georgetown University, University of Evansville and Arkansas State University. Besides his retreat work and teaching, he has assisted in parishes, worked in public relations and served as guest master, assistant oblate director and assistant to the novice master. He is the author of two books. All are welcome and there will be a different talk each night.
Monday, March 4
6 p.m. - adult choir in church
Tuesday, March 5
11:30 a.m. - rosary for the unborn in church
Wednesday, March 6
6:45 p.m. - confirmation evening of reflection in church
Thursday, March 7
7 p.m. - communnal penance service in church
Friday, March 8
7 p.m. - Stations of the Cross
First Christian Church
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines