Sandcreek Baptist Church
This Sunday is Father’s Day and we at Sandcreek, will honor our fathers with a breakfast at 8 a.m. So ladies, be sure to get your “fella” up and ready in time.
Don’t want him to miss the food and fellowship that will lead right into our Sunday School hour at 9 a.m. and traditional worship service at 10 a.m.
A correction from last week is that the Wednesday night Bible Study will not meet again until JULY 10, not June as was incorrectly reported last week.
Remember our campers as they attend camp and get acquainted with God and other Christian young people. The tub is still in the hallway awaiting any donations of soda pop or other camp requests. For ideas you can check the list posted above the collection tub.
How about this weather? Can it get any better? God is really being good to us and we really may not deserve it. Few of us do. Just enjoy every day that He gives you and please, don’t forget to tell Him “Thank you”. Hope to see you at church Sunday. I’ll save you a seat up front with me.
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m.
The lesson, “Worship With Meaning,” will be taken from Isaiah Chapter 29:9-16. The Devotional Reading accompanying this lesson comes from Luke Chapter 8:9-15, and background scripture being Isaiah Chapter 29. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m., with Interim Pastor, Robert “Bob” Leitgabel bringing the sermon: “What Is The Purpose Of Discipleship?” This week’s sermon will be taken from the book of
Colossians Chapter 1:28. We welcome all to join us for a time of worship, praise, prayer, and fellowship.
We wish all of our fathers and grandfathers, a very special day as we honor them on this Father’s Day. May God bless each of them abundantly.
The One Great Hour of Sharing Campaign, will continue throughout the Month of June. Donations will be designated for the churches and victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes. May we keep all those who have been affected by these tornadoes, other tornadoes, severe weather, flash floods and wildfires throughout our country, in our prayers.
Donations are now being taken to provide needed supplies for the campers and staff at the Southeastern Baptist Youth Camp. Items needed include antibacterial concentrates (Lysol, Spic and Span, Mr, Clean, etc.), antibacterial spray, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brushes, dish soap, plastic and paper cups (8 oz.-16 oz.), disposable bowls (paper or plastic), small- dessert size plates (paper or plastic), plastic forks, knives and spoons, napkins, decaffeinated and regular coffee, decaffeinated and regular tea bags, sugar (4 to 5 lb. bags), all-purpose flour (5 lb. bags), vegetable shortening, canned pop and bottled water - Snack Shack, scissors, permanent markers, glue, shirt paint, Rit dye - Craft House. All items can be left on the pew in the Foyer of the church. May God bless all.
First Christian Church
Celebrate Father’s Day with us as we honor our fathers at our worship services, 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). The church is located at 425 North Broadway Street, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m.
New ministry - “Beyond Walls”
Cookout Saturday, June 22, at 3386 East Base Road. Beyond Walls is aimed at Youth Adults Mission Statement: 20 to 30-year-olds striving to “Love God, Love Each Other and Teach Others to Do the Same.” The focus will be to go beyond the physical walls of the church as well as the personal walls used to guard ourselves.
“Gotta Move,” a Vacation Bible School program for 3-year-olds through fifth grade graduates, will be from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 24 to 28. Registration forms are available online at www.fccgreensburg.wix.com/home or at the church office.
Free box lunches
First Christian Church will be serving free lunch boxes in the Family Life Center from noon to 1 p.m. through June and July to children under age 18. You must RSVP to the church at 663-8488 to be served. For more information on the program, call the church office.
FCC New Host Site for Gleaners Food Bank, Decatur County
Starting July 15 and continuing on the third Monday of every month, Gleaners will bring their 10-day food truck and park it in the FCC parking lot. Families are then welcome to come and get food free of charge. For more information, call the church office at 663-8488.
— Daily News
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines