Sandcreek Baptist Church
There’s exciting news from our local Baptist Youth Camp. They’ve reached their goal of funding a swimming pool at the camp and ground breaking will be on Sunday, April 28 at 3:30 p.m. at the campground. This will be a very memorable day in the life of this camp where young people can come to a safe place to learn more about the Bible, can get closer to God, and have a good time in fellowship with other youth of their age.
We are all truly thankful to those who have helped make this possible.
We, at Sandcreek, are excited about our upcoming Hymn-Sing Sunday this week, April 28. Pastor Harold has taken the list of your favorite hymns and will attempt to use all of them. I know you won’t want to miss this “no sermon Sunday.” We will have the usual announcements and prayer concerns and then it will be sing, sing, sing. If you enjoy the old hymns and choruses then plan to join us at 10 a.m. for a time of sharing in the music of the church.
There is no time limit as to how long we’ll be singing so set aside the morning and we’ll be looking for you. Let us know and we’ll save you a seat, just in case.
As I promised last week, the time for our upcoming Mother/Daughter banquet will be noon May 11. I’ve already asked several to join me for this very enjoyable time together. Be sure to sign up and borrow a daughter or friend but join us for this meal prepared and served by the men of the church.
On May 12, Mother’s Day, we will have a special guest speaker. She is coming to give us information about her upcoming mission trip. Her aunt is a member at Sandcreek and I know you’ll enjoy hearing her message.
Last week I didn’t think the trees and shrubs could get any prettier, but I was wrong. The warm days and light rain have brought out more beauty around us. I’ve even put my hummingbird feeder out and am anxiously watching for that first hungry visitor. Isn’t God good to us?
Man couldn’t possibly create beauty like we see around us every day. All we have to do is LOOK.
First Christian Church
Join us for our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary) at First Christian Church of Greensburg, located at 425 North Broadway. Sunday School classes start at 9:30 a.m.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth and adults, will resume this fall. The last ELEV8 for senior high youth is at 6 p.m. Sunday for dinner in the Family Life Center. Class starts at 6:30 p.m.
“Gotta Move,” a Vacation Bible School program for 3-year-olds through fifth grade graduates, runs from 8:30 a.m. to noon June 24 to June 28. Registration forms are available online at www.fccgreensburg.wix.com/home or at the church office.
Free breakfast delivery for those in need is the first Saturday of every month. The next delivery is Saturday, May 4. Call the church office at 812-663-8488 and leave a message with your name, address and phone number to request a delivery.
If you do not like to shop, the FCC Kids’ Closet of Decatur County has volunteers who love to do just that. We now need used shoes and size 4 girls’ underwear. Please make checks payable to the FCC Kids’ Closet. Our next Closet opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. May 8. Thanks for your donations to buy winter sale clothes. For more information, call Jerry or Sue Abplanalp at 663-2084.
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. The lesson “The Lord Will Triumph” will be taken from 2 Thessalonians Chapter 2:1-4, 8-17. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m. with Interim Pastor Robert “Bob” Leitgabel bringing the sermon: “A Look At Prophesy” This week’s sermon will be taken from the book of I Kings Chapter 22. We welcome all to join us for a time of worship, praise, prayer and fellowship.
There will be a ground-breaking celebration for the new swimming pool at the Southeastern Baptist Youth Camp at 3:30 p.m. All are welcome to join in this time of celebration. May God bless all.
— Daily News
Sandcreek Baptist Church
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines