Sandcreek Baptist Church
There’s exciting news from our local Baptist Youth Camp. They’ve reached their goal of funding a swimming pool at the camp and ground breaking will be on Sunday, April 28 at 3:30 p.m. at the campground. This will be a very memorable day in the life of this camp where young people can come to a safe place to learn more about the Bible, can get closer to God, and have a good time in fellowship with other youth of their age.
We are all truly thankful to those who have helped make this possible.
We, at Sandcreek, are excited about our upcoming Hymn-Sing Sunday this week, April 28. Pastor Harold has taken the list of your favorite hymns and will attempt to use all of them. I know you won’t want to miss this “no sermon Sunday.” We will have the usual announcements and prayer concerns and then it will be sing, sing, sing. If you enjoy the old hymns and choruses then plan to join us at 10 a.m. for a time of sharing in the music of the church.
There is no time limit as to how long we’ll be singing so set aside the morning and we’ll be looking for you. Let us know and we’ll save you a seat, just in case.
As I promised last week, the time for our upcoming Mother/Daughter banquet will be noon May 11. I’ve already asked several to join me for this very enjoyable time together. Be sure to sign up and borrow a daughter or friend but join us for this meal prepared and served by the men of the church.
On May 12, Mother’s Day, we will have a special guest speaker. She is coming to give us information about her upcoming mission trip. Her aunt is a member at Sandcreek and I know you’ll enjoy hearing her message.
Last week I didn’t think the trees and shrubs could get any prettier, but I was wrong. The warm days and light rain have brought out more beauty around us. I’ve even put my hummingbird feeder out and am anxiously watching for that first hungry visitor. Isn’t God good to us?
Man couldn’t possibly create beauty like we see around us every day. All we have to do is LOOK.
First Christian Church
Join us for our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary) at First Christian Church of Greensburg, located at 425 North Broadway. Sunday School classes start at 9:30 a.m.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth and adults, will resume this fall. The last ELEV8 for senior high youth is at 6 p.m. Sunday for dinner in the Family Life Center. Class starts at 6:30 p.m.
“Gotta Move,” a Vacation Bible School program for 3-year-olds through fifth grade graduates, runs from 8:30 a.m. to noon June 24 to June 28. Registration forms are available online at www.fccgreensburg.wix.com/home or at the church office.
Free breakfast delivery for those in need is the first Saturday of every month. The next delivery is Saturday, May 4. Call the church office at 812-663-8488 and leave a message with your name, address and phone number to request a delivery.
If you do not like to shop, the FCC Kids’ Closet of Decatur County has volunteers who love to do just that. We now need used shoes and size 4 girls’ underwear. Please make checks payable to the FCC Kids’ Closet. Our next Closet opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. May 8. Thanks for your donations to buy winter sale clothes. For more information, call Jerry or Sue Abplanalp at 663-2084.
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. The lesson “The Lord Will Triumph” will be taken from 2 Thessalonians Chapter 2:1-4, 8-17. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m. with Interim Pastor Robert “Bob” Leitgabel bringing the sermon: “A Look At Prophesy” This week’s sermon will be taken from the book of I Kings Chapter 22. We welcome all to join us for a time of worship, praise, prayer and fellowship.
There will be a ground-breaking celebration for the new swimming pool at the Southeastern Baptist Youth Camp at 3:30 p.m. All are welcome to join in this time of celebration. May God bless all.
— Daily News
Sandcreek Baptist Church
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church BUSY, BUSY TIMES!!!! Our weekly calendar is really full causing us to cancel practice for the Faith Singers Saturday morning because the deacons and lots of needed helpers will gather at 9:30 a.m. to do the "pre-decorating
- Lindsey Graham concert at Greensburg Wesleyan GREENSBURG - Greensburg Wesleyan Church is pleased to announce its Christmas Concert with Lindsey Graham at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1. This special service will be held at the Decatur County Community School Corporation's office, located on Montgomer
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First I must make a correction in my report of last week. I'm sure there must be a "little restaurant" in the town of Hartsville, however, the ladies of Sandcreek Baptist are going to a "little tea room/restaurant" in Hope o
- Blessed be the name! Elmore's Department Store was one of the three more enjoyable places for a young child to visit in my small, Southern, home town. Elmore's had the finest selection of Matchbox cars and baseball cards available. And while Elmore's was likely not much
- A positive minute: Giving thanks Around 1520, a reformation of the church was underway. In 1620 pilgrims from England landed in this new territory where they were searching for a place where they could worship God without persecution. The story began about eight or so years earlier
- Church Briefs First Christian Church The First Christian Church, located at 425 North Broadway, welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). Sunday school classes are at 9:30 a.m. Elev8 cl
- A positive minute: Veterans Day There's an old song that has been sung predominately in African American churches entitled, "I'm a soldier in the Army of the Lord." It's a peppy tune and one that I have played many times as I accompanied, on th
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First of all.............a great big THANK YOU to each of you who came to our recent soup supper. You were all very generous in support of our youth. And didn't they do a good job? Some were doing this f
- A positive minute: Z is for zeal John 2:17 "And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up." Webster defines ZEAL (noun) eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something : fervor; her zeal to succe
- Keeping the Faith: Never Submit One of my sons has a motto by which he attempts to live his life. It is: "Never submit." I can attest that he practices this maxim rigorously, and it serves him well in many situations, giving him grit and determination. But a
- More Church Headlines