Sandcreek Baptist Church
It’s time for another “no sermon/ hymn sing request Sunday.” I’m sure you’ll want to join us for this joy-filled Sunday morning service at 10.
There will be announcements and scripture, but mostly just singing with more singing.
The Faith Singers will even offer some of their favorite anthems. Mark your calendar and set aside this time for a good fellowship morning at Sandcreek.
Saturday at 9 a.m., the Faith Singers will hold their last practice until fall.
We will be trying to perfect some of our favorites for Sunday’s service.
Immediately following this worship service we will have our regular business meeting. We need all members to stay for this meeting. We need/want to hear
your concerns and suggestions about the business and ministry of our church.
As you drive along the country roads you can see that the farmers are busy planting their crops again. They’re hoping that God will bless their efforts with sufficient rain, sunshine and warm breezes. They are truly
at God’s mercy to bring about a good crop.
There’s not a thing a farmer can do to make his crop grow. It’s entirely up to God. But God is generous with His mercy even though sometimes we are unable to “see” it. He does care and protect us more often than
we realize. Even with the rain, sunshine, and gentle breezes He is blessing us. Have you thanked Him today? Think about it and we’ll see you in church.
Liberty Baptist Church
Sunday, May 26
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. The lesson “Patient Hope” will be taken from 2 Peter Chapter 3: 3-15A, 18. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m. with Interim Pastor, Robert “Bob” Leitgabel bringing the sermon, “The Purpose Of Worship” This week’s sermon will be taken from the book of Nehemiah Chapter 12. As this weekend is Memorial Day Weekend, we will have a memorial service incorporated into the regular church service to remember those who have passed away in the past year. We welcome all to join us for a time of worship, praise, prayer and fellowship. May everyone have a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend, and may God bless all.
First Christian Church
Sunday, May 26
Free breakfast delivery for those in need is the first Saturday of every month.
The next delivery is Saturday, June 1. Call the church office at 812-663-8488 and leave a message with your name, address and phone number to request a delivery.
Join us for our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). Sunday School classes start at 9:30 a.m.
Gotta Move, a Vacation Bible School program for 3-year-olds through fifth grade graduates, will be from 8:30 a.m. to noon, June 24 to 28. Registration forms are at the church office or online at www.fccgreensburg.wix.com/home.
First Christian Church will be serving free box lunches in the Family Life Center from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays in the Family Life Center through June and July, for children under age 18. You must RSVP to First Christian Church at 812-663-8488 to be served. For more information, call the church office.
Kids’ Closet of Decatur County will resume the second Wednesday in August. Even though the Closet is closed to children during the summer months, we will continue to take donations of new and slightly used clothing. Drop off places are First Christian Church, the Decatur County Family YMCA, the Greensburg-Decatur County Public Library and the Greensburg Fire Department. Anyone wishing to donate may write checks to the Kids’ Closet and mail them to First Christian Church, 425 North Broadway, Greensburg.
St. John’s Lutheran Church of Napoleon
St. John’s Lutheran Church of Napoleon will hold its monthly coffee social consisting of ham, German potato salad, homememade coffee cakes and more, Thursday, June 6.
Serving starts at 4:30 p.m. and everyone is welcome. Carry-outs are available.
— Daily News
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines