Greensburg Wesleyan Church
The Greensburg Wesleyan Church will have a Soup Supper to benefit their Kids Club ministry. The event will be from 3 to 7 p.m., Saturday March 2 at the Family Life Center at 714 W. Main St., Greensburg.
Your meal will consist of a variety of soups, peanut butter sandwiches, desserts and drinks. Carry-out is available, and the event is a free-will offering.
Kids Club meets every Wednesday night throughout the school year from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for ages three years to sixth grade. We provide snacks, crafts, Bible stories, music and field trips to the YMCA. If you would like more information, please call the Greensburg Wesleyan Church, 663-6230.
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. We welcome all to come and join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church Service will be in the sanctuary at 10:30 a.m. with Interim Pastor Robert (Bob) Leitgabel bringing the message. This week’s sermon is on “Encouragement” as we will start a three-part series by looking at Barnabas and Acts 9:19-31, Acts 11:19-26 and Acts 13:2.
Please join us for a time of worship, praise and fellowship.
A military care box is planned to be sent to Jeff Wilson, who is serving in Afghanistan at the present time. Items suggested to be included: to-go mixes; chewing gum; fruit cups; microwave popcorn; mouthwash; chap stick, artificial tears; eye drops; playing cards; cross words; white tube socks (cotton/wool); hand wipes; tooth paste; foot powder; vitamin C; multi-vitamins; face/hand cream; Teddy Grahams; Oreos; small packages peanut butter crackers; life savers; hard candies; cup-of-soup mix; dental floss; shaving supplies; batteries; liquid insect repellent; homemade granola; Ziplock bags; Walmart cards. No liquids or items that have a smell to them. Nothing in spray cans or bottles. If you would like to donate, leave items on pew in foyer throughout the month of February.
We would like to remind everyone that there are still openings for the upcoming Walk to Emmaus weekends March 7 to 10 (Men’s) and March 14 to 17 (Women’s). The walks will be held at First Baptist Church and are an exploration of the basics of our faith and how to incorporate them into our daily living. You can find a brief video explaining this weekend event at emmaus.upperroom.org or visit www.greensburgareaemmaus.org. May God Bless All.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
Youths are reminded to be at the church Sunday evening at 6 p.m. to practice their upcoming Easter skit.
We have been invited to join with Zion for a World Day of Prayer service at 7 p.m. March 1. You will be welcome.
As announced last week, the JPS delivery man did stop at Sandcreek this past Sunday during the worship service. However, he was unable to complete his delivery of a “cross”.
Even though he approached and knocked on three doors, none were willing to accept his “delivery.” I’m sure you’ll want to come at 10 a.m. Sunday to see if he is successful this week. How long will it take him to find someone willing to accept the cross?
Have you added any coins/dollars to your Love Offering Box lately? Surely you have something to be thankful for.
How about the warm days we’ve had that let us know spring is coming? Or how about hearing the birds sing on those warm days? Of course, there are still some very chilly days, but I’m sure if you take the time you’ll find many things to be thankful for. Just let your heart be the judge and add some “blessings” to your “box”.
Sandcreek Baptist is located about three and a half miles south on U.S. 421. Maybe you’ll accept the cross and take it home with you.
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines