Greensburg Wesleyan Church
The Greensburg Wesleyan Church will have a Soup Supper to benefit their Kids Club ministry. The event will be from 3 to 7 p.m., Saturday March 2 at the Family Life Center at 714 W. Main St., Greensburg.
Your meal will consist of a variety of soups, peanut butter sandwiches, desserts and drinks. Carry-out is available, and the event is a free-will offering.
Kids Club meets every Wednesday night throughout the school year from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for ages three years to sixth grade. We provide snacks, crafts, Bible stories, music and field trips to the YMCA. If you would like more information, please call the Greensburg Wesleyan Church, 663-6230.
Liberty Baptist Church
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. We welcome all to come and join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church Service will be in the sanctuary at 10:30 a.m. with Interim Pastor Robert (Bob) Leitgabel bringing the message. This week’s sermon is on “Encouragement” as we will start a three-part series by looking at Barnabas and Acts 9:19-31, Acts 11:19-26 and Acts 13:2.
Please join us for a time of worship, praise and fellowship.
A military care box is planned to be sent to Jeff Wilson, who is serving in Afghanistan at the present time. Items suggested to be included: to-go mixes; chewing gum; fruit cups; microwave popcorn; mouthwash; chap stick, artificial tears; eye drops; playing cards; cross words; white tube socks (cotton/wool); hand wipes; tooth paste; foot powder; vitamin C; multi-vitamins; face/hand cream; Teddy Grahams; Oreos; small packages peanut butter crackers; life savers; hard candies; cup-of-soup mix; dental floss; shaving supplies; batteries; liquid insect repellent; homemade granola; Ziplock bags; Walmart cards. No liquids or items that have a smell to them. Nothing in spray cans or bottles. If you would like to donate, leave items on pew in foyer throughout the month of February.
We would like to remind everyone that there are still openings for the upcoming Walk to Emmaus weekends March 7 to 10 (Men’s) and March 14 to 17 (Women’s). The walks will be held at First Baptist Church and are an exploration of the basics of our faith and how to incorporate them into our daily living. You can find a brief video explaining this weekend event at emmaus.upperroom.org or visit www.greensburgareaemmaus.org. May God Bless All.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
Youths are reminded to be at the church Sunday evening at 6 p.m. to practice their upcoming Easter skit.
We have been invited to join with Zion for a World Day of Prayer service at 7 p.m. March 1. You will be welcome.
As announced last week, the JPS delivery man did stop at Sandcreek this past Sunday during the worship service. However, he was unable to complete his delivery of a “cross”.
Even though he approached and knocked on three doors, none were willing to accept his “delivery.” I’m sure you’ll want to come at 10 a.m. Sunday to see if he is successful this week. How long will it take him to find someone willing to accept the cross?
Have you added any coins/dollars to your Love Offering Box lately? Surely you have something to be thankful for.
How about the warm days we’ve had that let us know spring is coming? Or how about hearing the birds sing on those warm days? Of course, there are still some very chilly days, but I’m sure if you take the time you’ll find many things to be thankful for. Just let your heart be the judge and add some “blessings” to your “box”.
Sandcreek Baptist is located about three and a half miles south on U.S. 421. Maybe you’ll accept the cross and take it home with you.
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church BUSY, BUSY TIMES!!!! Our weekly calendar is really full causing us to cancel practice for the Faith Singers Saturday morning because the deacons and lots of needed helpers will gather at 9:30 a.m. to do the "pre-decorating
- Lindsey Graham concert at Greensburg Wesleyan GREENSBURG - Greensburg Wesleyan Church is pleased to announce its Christmas Concert with Lindsey Graham at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1. This special service will be held at the Decatur County Community School Corporation's office, located on Montgomer
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First I must make a correction in my report of last week. I'm sure there must be a "little restaurant" in the town of Hartsville, however, the ladies of Sandcreek Baptist are going to a "little tea room/restaurant" in Hope o
- Blessed be the name! Elmore's Department Store was one of the three more enjoyable places for a young child to visit in my small, Southern, home town. Elmore's had the finest selection of Matchbox cars and baseball cards available. And while Elmore's was likely not much
- A positive minute: Giving thanks Around 1520, a reformation of the church was underway. In 1620 pilgrims from England landed in this new territory where they were searching for a place where they could worship God without persecution. The story began about eight or so years earlier
- Church Briefs First Christian Church The First Christian Church, located at 425 North Broadway, welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). Sunday school classes are at 9:30 a.m. Elev8 cl
- A positive minute: Veterans Day There's an old song that has been sung predominately in African American churches entitled, "I'm a soldier in the Army of the Lord." It's a peppy tune and one that I have played many times as I accompanied, on th
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First of all.............a great big THANK YOU to each of you who came to our recent soup supper. You were all very generous in support of our youth. And didn't they do a good job? Some were doing this f
- A positive minute: Z is for zeal John 2:17 "And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up." Webster defines ZEAL (noun) eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something : fervor; her zeal to succe
- Keeping the Faith: Never Submit One of my sons has a motto by which he attempts to live his life. It is: "Never submit." I can attest that he practices this maxim rigorously, and it serves him well in many situations, giving him grit and determination. But a
- More Church Headlines