First Christian Church
Join us at our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). The church is located at 425 North Broadway. Sunday School classes meet at 9:30 a.m.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth and adults will meet this week. A dinner will be served at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center for children, youth and volunteers.
Classes for all ages will begin at 6:30 p.m. Senior high youth will meet Sunday evening at 6 p.m. for dinner in the Family Life Center and class will start at 6:30 p.m.
Rick Teepen, a herpetologist featured at the Creation Museum, will present his program, “Snakes Alive,” Wednesday, Feb. 6. A dinner will be served to the community at 5:30 p.m. and the program, open to all ages, will take place in the Family Life Center at 6:30 p.m.
There is a free breakfast delivery for those in need the first Saturday of the month. The next delivery day is Saturday, Feb. 2. Call the church office at 812-663-8488 and leave a message with your name, address and phone number to request a delivery.
FCC Kids Closet of Decatur County
We are in need of boy’s new or gently used slacks or sweaters and girl’s new or gently used dresses, as well as new and used shoes for both boys and girls. Next closet opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13. Our wish list also asks for little girl’s winter tights sizes 6 to 10/12. For more information, call First Christian Church at 663-8488
Liberty Baptist Church
Sunday, Jan. 27
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m. with Guest Pastor Robert (Bob) Leitgable bringing the message. Please join us for a time of worship, praise and fellowship.
The Pulpit Committee will meet after the church service.
January is Decatur County month at the Edna Martin Center. Items needed are non-perishable foodstuffs for pantry and paper products. If you would like to donate, leave items on pew in foyer throughout the month.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
A reminder to all committees and boards. Your annual reports are due for our upcoming business meeting this Sunday, January 27 immediately following our 10 a.m. worship service.
That evening, at 5 p.m., we will enjoy the postponed “Fifth Sunday,” as offered by the Christian Board. There will be snacks and games to enjoy by all ages.
Don’t forget to support our collection of canned and non-perishable foods for the Edna Martin Center in Indianapolis.
The tub looks good as it already overflows with your generosity.
The Faith Singers will practice at 9 a.m. Saturday morning. We really need your voice to join us as we practice to sing our praises during our traditional worship service. You don’t have to be an accomplished singer.
Just love to sing to and about the Lord and you will be very welcome.
The weatherman is promising colder temperatures than we’ve experienced the past two years. Are you ready? You may have to dig deep in your closet for a warmer coat and/or sweater and scarf when you prepare to go outside.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could just reach in our closet and pull out love and warmth as we need it to make us feel loved? You can feel the love and warmth of our Savior when you attend church and are among friends and family.
We’ll be looking for you and we’ll have an extra warm welcome.
First Presbyterian Church
On Sunday, Jan. 27, the youth will be participating in the Souper Bowl of Caring.
They will be preparing and serving a brunch following worship. A free will offering will be received with the proceeds to be donated to the Bread of Life.
Youth across the country participate in Souper Bowl of Caring to fight hunger and poverty in their communities around the time of the Super Bowl football game. In 2012, 10,125 groups collected $9,978,496 in cash and food items. Indiana youth raised $289,879.66.
Visitors are welcome to join us for worship and for the brunch in support of the youth and their Souper Bowl of Caring project. Worship begins at 10:30 a.m. For any questions, please contact the church office, 663-2197.
Union Baptist Church
On Sunday, Jan. 27, we will be having a soup dinner after morning services. Bring your family an friends and your favorite soup to share with everyone. This is a great way to warm up on these cold winter days.
— Daily News
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church BUSY, BUSY TIMES!!!! Our weekly calendar is really full causing us to cancel practice for the Faith Singers Saturday morning because the deacons and lots of needed helpers will gather at 9:30 a.m. to do the "pre-decorating
- Lindsey Graham concert at Greensburg Wesleyan GREENSBURG - Greensburg Wesleyan Church is pleased to announce its Christmas Concert with Lindsey Graham at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1. This special service will be held at the Decatur County Community School Corporation's office, located on Montgomer
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First I must make a correction in my report of last week. I'm sure there must be a "little restaurant" in the town of Hartsville, however, the ladies of Sandcreek Baptist are going to a "little tea room/restaurant" in Hope o
- Blessed be the name! Elmore's Department Store was one of the three more enjoyable places for a young child to visit in my small, Southern, home town. Elmore's had the finest selection of Matchbox cars and baseball cards available. And while Elmore's was likely not much
- A positive minute: Giving thanks Around 1520, a reformation of the church was underway. In 1620 pilgrims from England landed in this new territory where they were searching for a place where they could worship God without persecution. The story began about eight or so years earlier
- Church Briefs First Christian Church The First Christian Church, located at 425 North Broadway, welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). Sunday school classes are at 9:30 a.m. Elev8 cl
- A positive minute: Veterans Day There's an old song that has been sung predominately in African American churches entitled, "I'm a soldier in the Army of the Lord." It's a peppy tune and one that I have played many times as I accompanied, on th
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church First of all.............a great big THANK YOU to each of you who came to our recent soup supper. You were all very generous in support of our youth. And didn't they do a good job? Some were doing this f
- A positive minute: Z is for zeal John 2:17 "And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up." Webster defines ZEAL (noun) eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something : fervor; her zeal to succe
- Keeping the Faith: Never Submit One of my sons has a motto by which he attempts to live his life. It is: "Never submit." I can attest that he practices this maxim rigorously, and it serves him well in many situations, giving him grit and determination. But a
- More Church Headlines