First Christian Church
Join us at our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary). The church is located at 425 North Broadway. Sunday School classes meet at 9:30 a.m.
ELEV8, our Wednesday evening programs for children, junior high youth and adults will meet this week. A dinner will be served at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center for children, youth and volunteers.
Classes for all ages will begin at 6:30 p.m. Senior high youth will meet Sunday evening at 6 p.m. for dinner in the Family Life Center and class will start at 6:30 p.m.
Rick Teepen, a herpetologist featured at the Creation Museum, will present his program, “Snakes Alive,” Wednesday, Feb. 6. A dinner will be served to the community at 5:30 p.m. and the program, open to all ages, will take place in the Family Life Center at 6:30 p.m.
There is a free breakfast delivery for those in need the first Saturday of the month. The next delivery day is Saturday, Feb. 2. Call the church office at 812-663-8488 and leave a message with your name, address and phone number to request a delivery.
FCC Kids Closet of Decatur County
We are in need of boy’s new or gently used slacks or sweaters and girl’s new or gently used dresses, as well as new and used shoes for both boys and girls. Next closet opening is from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13. Our wish list also asks for little girl’s winter tights sizes 6 to 10/12. For more information, call First Christian Church at 663-8488
Liberty Baptist Church
Sunday, Jan. 27
The Thankful Hearts Adult Sunday School Class will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30 a.m. We welcome all to come join in a wonderful time of sharing and learning.
Church service will be in the Sanctuary at 10:30 a.m. with Guest Pastor Robert (Bob) Leitgable bringing the message. Please join us for a time of worship, praise and fellowship.
The Pulpit Committee will meet after the church service.
January is Decatur County month at the Edna Martin Center. Items needed are non-perishable foodstuffs for pantry and paper products. If you would like to donate, leave items on pew in foyer throughout the month.
Sandcreek Baptist Church
A reminder to all committees and boards. Your annual reports are due for our upcoming business meeting this Sunday, January 27 immediately following our 10 a.m. worship service.
That evening, at 5 p.m., we will enjoy the postponed “Fifth Sunday,” as offered by the Christian Board. There will be snacks and games to enjoy by all ages.
Don’t forget to support our collection of canned and non-perishable foods for the Edna Martin Center in Indianapolis.
The tub looks good as it already overflows with your generosity.
The Faith Singers will practice at 9 a.m. Saturday morning. We really need your voice to join us as we practice to sing our praises during our traditional worship service. You don’t have to be an accomplished singer.
Just love to sing to and about the Lord and you will be very welcome.
The weatherman is promising colder temperatures than we’ve experienced the past two years. Are you ready? You may have to dig deep in your closet for a warmer coat and/or sweater and scarf when you prepare to go outside.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could just reach in our closet and pull out love and warmth as we need it to make us feel loved? You can feel the love and warmth of our Savior when you attend church and are among friends and family.
We’ll be looking for you and we’ll have an extra warm welcome.
First Presbyterian Church
On Sunday, Jan. 27, the youth will be participating in the Souper Bowl of Caring.
They will be preparing and serving a brunch following worship. A free will offering will be received with the proceeds to be donated to the Bread of Life.
Youth across the country participate in Souper Bowl of Caring to fight hunger and poverty in their communities around the time of the Super Bowl football game. In 2012, 10,125 groups collected $9,978,496 in cash and food items. Indiana youth raised $289,879.66.
Visitors are welcome to join us for worship and for the brunch in support of the youth and their Souper Bowl of Caring project. Worship begins at 10:30 a.m. For any questions, please contact the church office, 663-2197.
Union Baptist Church
On Sunday, Jan. 27, we will be having a soup dinner after morning services. Bring your family an friends and your favorite soup to share with everyone. This is a great way to warm up on these cold winter days.
— Daily News
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church Well, the weather kept us from church another Sunday. What are we going to do? I guess it's a good thing it seems to "hit" on the weekend so it doesn't involve as many people having to get out and go to work. As always, i
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church It was sure good to get back to church last Sunday. The weather was better and it was just good to be with friends and hear God's Word read and spoken from the pulpit. We will be accepting your donation to the America for Ch
- All that once was good Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- Church Briefs Sandcreek Baptist Church No, I haven't moved or stopped reporting the Sandcreek Church news. I had a "run-in" with a patch of ice on Saturday the 8th, hit the back of my head on the pavement, and have been running a bit slower lately. I've missed tw
- Church Briefs First Christian Church First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the fo
- A positive minute: Southern exposure Coping with a Winter like we've had this year, causes me to pause and remember my time in Texas. To be sure, winter in North Texas can be cold and icy also, but the season is shorter. However, I did spend time in the Coastal Bend area and really enjo
- Like a rock: Liberated from the 'do-more' life This year Bob Seger will celebrate his tenth anniversary as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The honor is his because of his hardscrabble, up-by-the-bootstraps life story; the way he can forge lyrics that are a combination of personal
- Church Briefs The First Christian Church welcomes you Sunday to our worship services at 8 a.m. (traditional) and 10:30 a.m. (contemporary), 425 North Broadway, Greensburg. Sunday School classes are at 9:30 a.m. This Sunday, we'll look at the second chapter of The
- Go ahead, be happy--and spread it around "When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3' Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are thos
- Mt. Moriah Baptist youth plan spaghetti supper ADAMS - Members of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth group are planning a spaghetti supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at the church, which is located in the center of Adams. Everyone is welcome to attend. The menu will consist of spaghetti
- More Church Headlines