- How a federal drug discount program really works Merrill Matthews' Nov. 14 opinion column on the 340B drug discount program, "Congress Tries to Lower Drug Costs and Raises Health Premiums Instead," arrives at a myriad of wrong conclusions. Mathews has a long history with the insurance industry that
- Facing my technological ignorance on the path to the future Supposedly, advances in technology lead us on an adventurous path into the future. Maybe so, but from what I've experienced, I think I'll saddle my mule and go in another direction. That is, if I can figure out how to program the mule. Compared to,
- Thankful for safety through weekend storms It was good to wake up this morning after a day of threatening weather. I am so thankful that the only inconvenience we had was about five hours of being in the dark after the storms had basically passed over us. Thank you to the Decatur County REMC
- Everyone deserves a shining moment "Everyone deserves a shining moment. Ours was a dandy." So said Jeff Kuehl about the Front and Center Players of Decatur County. They certainly didn't disappoint anyone in the audience of this year's variety show. The performers' joy was contagious.
- Currier and Ives china: Americana Nathaniel Currier's printing business was in a shambles due to the untimely departure of his long time partner. While an excellent artist, he had little knowledge of how to run a business or keep the books. In 1852, discouraged and depressed, he met
- Let the festivities begin "I do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the State of Indiana and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge my duties as a member of the House of Representatives of the G
- A positive minute: Patiently waiting "Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: Yet thy commandments are my delights." Psalm 119:143 KJV How often have you struggled with problems in life? If you're human and, I assume since you are reading this column, you are. Trouble just seems to v
- Jenni's top tech recommendations As the Christmas shopping season begins, it isn't hard to find a Gift Guide or a 'Top 10 List' of best presents for 2013. There are lists and guides for every age and interest imaginable. Working for a tech company, I'm always particularly intereste
Will we lock down generations with bigotry?
Ann Shazer gave me a 1913 Christian Herald Almanac that has made for some mighty good reading. A story about Child Labor and “recent legislation” (100 years ago) caused me to wonder what people will think of us after another 100 years. Especially what will people think of those we elected to office? Something that seems so simple to us today apparently wasn’t so 100 years ago.
- Pickles, politics and penny candy at the general store As an Indiana farm kid in the '50s, I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my dad. He worked long hours in the fields and the opportunity for the two of us to have time together was rare. It is for this reason that my heart would fill with joy whe
- More Columns Headlines