- 'Captain Phillips' a showcase for Hanks FROM THE DEN AT WOLF THEATRES -- If I was forced to describe "Captain Phillips" in one word, I'd choose "intense." Director Paul Greengrass ("The Bourne Supremacy") brings his considerable skill for creating tense, tightly-shot action flicks to this
- '12 years a slave' earns raves This week we watched likely Oscar-contender 12 Years a Slave (R). Steve McQueen directs the story, based on the 1853 memoir by Solomon Noethup. Chiwetel Ejiofor stars as Noethup, a free man who was kidnapped into slavery in the South during the deca
'Captain Phillips' a showcase for Hanks
If I was forced to describe “Captain Phillips” in one word, I’d choose “intense.”
"Carrie" a relatable, technological update of teen angst, cruelty
FROM THE DEN AT WOLF THEATRES — It’s tempting to simply dismiss “Carrie” as another unnecessary remake.
Movie preview: “The Best Man Holiday”
Plot: After nearly 15 years apart, forgotten rivalries flare up and old romances reignite when a group of college friends reunite during the holiday season in this sequel to 1999’s “The Best Man.”
- More stars to perform at George Jones tribute concert NASHVILLE, Tenn. - With the sold out tribute concert already hosting top names in all genres of music, Nancy Jones is excited to announce the addition of George Strait, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Eric Church, Reba McEntire, and Alabama to the al
- Movie Boys: Thor: The Dark World sticks to Marvel formula GREENSBURG - With Andy having super-hero fatigue (only half joking), I'll be flying solo, tackling Marvel Studios latest film "Thor: The Dark World" (PG-13). Chris Hemsworth is back as the god of thunder and this time around he must stop a universe-d
Movie preview: “Thor: The Dark World”
Plot: Thor returns to do battle with Malekith, the vengeful leader of a primordial race that seeks to destroy the Nine Realms.
Movie preview: “About Time”
Plot: Entrusted by his father with the knowledge that the men in their family can time travel, a young man finds the woman of his dreams ands sets about to win her heart.
Movie preview: “Twelve Years A Slave”
Plot: Based on a true story of one man’s fight for survival and freedom in the pre-Civil War United States, a free black man from upstate New York is abducted and sold into slavery.
- More Entertainment Headlines