- Tree County Players holding 'Marry Me a Little' auditions GREENSBURG - Auditions for the Tree County Players' next production, Marry Me a Little, a musical review of Stephen Sondheim show tunes, has been set for later this month. The auditions are set for 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21 and from 9 a.m. to noon
- 'Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit' is derivative--in a good way FROM THE DEN AT WOLF THEATRES -- There's nothing groundbreaking about director Kenneth Branagh's "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit." In fact, moviegoers will likely feel as if they've seen many variations of this story, which focuses on international CIA sp
- The Book Worm book reviews come to Daily News This is the first installment of a bi-monthly book review column that will be published in the Daily News. I prefer to read fiction, but I enjoy biographies and some non-fiction work as well, particularly anything to do with history. I will happily
- 'Nebraska:' a film full of pleasing performances The Oscar contenders just keep coming, as this week we watched Alexander Payne's latest, Nebraska (R). Bruce Dern stars as an elderly man who thinks he has won a million dollars from a mass-mail marketer, and plans on traveling from Montana to Nebra
Movie preview: “Labor Day”
Plot: On a back-to-school shopping trip, depressed single mom Adele and her son Henry offer a wounded, fearsome man a ride and a place to hide out.
Movie preview: “That Awkward Moment”
Plot: Three best friends find themselves where we’ve all been — at that confusing moment in every dating relationship when you have to decide “So...where is this going?”
- Klipsch sets 2014 lineup The 2014 lineup for the Jiffy Lube Country Megaticket goes on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 24, for this summer's 10 country music concerts at Klipsch Music Center, and will be available at www.megaticket.com. This season's headliners include Rascal F
Movie preview: “I, Frankenstein”
Plot: 200 years after his shocking creation, Dr. Frankenstein’s creature, Adam, still walks the earth. But when he finds himself in the middle of a war over the fate of humanity between powerful gargoyles and infernal demons.
Movie preview: “Ride Along”
Plot: Ben is a motor-mouthed high-school security guard who longs to marry his gorgeous girlfriend. But before he can propose, he must first get the approval of her brother, James, a decorated Atlanta police detective.
Movie preview: “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”
Plot: To his friends and loved ones, young Jack Ryan appears to be an ordinary executive. He has, however, secretly worked for the CIA for years.
- More Entertainment Headlines