- 'Nebraska:' a film full of pleasing performances The Oscar contenders just keep coming, as this week we watched Alexander Payne's latest, Nebraska (R). Bruce Dern stars as an elderly man who thinks he has won a million dollars from a mass-mail marketer, and plans on traveling from Montana to Nebra
Movie preview: “Labor Day”
Plot: On a back-to-school shopping trip, depressed single mom Adele and her son Henry offer a wounded, fearsome man a ride and a place to hide out.
Movie preview: “That Awkward Moment”
Plot: Three best friends find themselves where we’ve all been — at that confusing moment in every dating relationship when you have to decide “So...where is this going?”
- Klipsch sets 2014 lineup The 2014 lineup for the Jiffy Lube Country Megaticket goes on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 24, for this summer's 10 country music concerts at Klipsch Music Center, and will be available at www.megaticket.com. This season's headliners include Rascal F
Movie preview: “I, Frankenstein”
Plot: 200 years after his shocking creation, Dr. Frankenstein’s creature, Adam, still walks the earth. But when he finds himself in the middle of a war over the fate of humanity between powerful gargoyles and infernal demons.
Movie preview: “Ride Along”
Plot: Ben is a motor-mouthed high-school security guard who longs to marry his gorgeous girlfriend. But before he can propose, he must first get the approval of her brother, James, a decorated Atlanta police detective.
Movie preview: “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”
Plot: To his friends and loved ones, young Jack Ryan appears to be an ordinary executive. He has, however, secretly worked for the CIA for years.
- Space age problems The other day at the supermarket the periodical display was chock-full of all these splashy publications--so many, in fact, that one bundle had remained unopened due to a shortage of space on the rack. Curious, I tore back the brown wrapping of the
- Registration for Chase 500 Festival Rookie Run Opens INDIANAPOLIS - Registration for the 2014 Chase 500 Festival Rookie Run opened Wednesday on the 500 Festival website, www.500festival.com. Chase 500 Festival Rookie Run will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 10, 2014 on Monument Circle in downto
- Ghosts in the moonlight on the rails I've always said it ain't just the freedom that lets a bum enjoy life as much as the mode of transportation he uses. For years the railroad tracks through our town had been used for nothing but producing rust and growing weeds. Admittedly, a weed-ch
- More Entertainment Headlines