- Welfare recipients may face drug testing INDIANAPOLIS - Welfare recipients may face drug testing in an effort being revived by Republican lawmakers. A bill would require adults receiving cash welfare payments, under a program known as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, to be tested for
- Hope for the Holidays: Tips for coping with mental illness and addiction this time of year A mile-long gift list, a shrinking wallet, too much to do and not enough time to do it - these are just a few of the holiday challenges that do not bring good cheer. Add battling mental or emotional issues to the mix, and what should be a joyful time
- Rotarians “this close” to eradicating polio worldwide GREENSBURG - The Greensburg Rotary Club met Monday for its regular weekly meeting at the Greensburg Country Club, where they discussed the organization's progress in the fight to eradicate polio across the world, in addition to other Rotary
- Westport Health and Business Expo brings in huge crowds WESTPORT - Every year, the Westport Area Business Association and the Decatur County Memorial Hospital (DCMH) Westport Clinic partner up to present the annual Westport Health and Business Expo on Saturday. This year, the seventh annual West
- The Port to hold Community Drug Awareness Night WESTPORT - Westport Christian Church (The Port) will be holding a Community Drug Awareness Night Thursday, Oct. 10, beginning at 7 p.m., as a way to be proactive regarding the rampant drug-related issues facing the county and the country. "
- Mental Illness Awareness week highlights struggling GREENSBURG - Mental Illness Awareness Week has been designated Oct. 1 to 7 in the U. S. by the National Alliance for Mental Illness. The week's goal is to draw attention to and show concern and support for the mentally ill and their famil
- DCMH announces workforce reduction GREENSBURG -- Decatur County Memorial Hospital (DCMH) has announced it will lay off 30 members of its workforce; affected employees will be notified by the end of October. In a recent open letter to DCMH employees obtained by the Daily News
- Alzheimer’s Association presentation offers valuable information GREENSBURG -- Kristi McCann, a representative from the Indianapolis branch of the Alzheimer's Association gave a presentation about the disease Tuesday evening at the Greensburg Public Library. After a brief welcome, McCann began by coverin
- Health Department to offer free flu shots GREENSBURG - The Decatur County Health Department will be hosting a free walk-in adult flu clinic for Decatur County residents from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26. While most people have had or at least known someone with the flu, one might
Robbins named Hospital Foundation Director
The Hospital Foundation of Decatur County has announced the selection of Bryan Robbins as its new Director.
In his new position, Robbins will be working to support the healthcare initiatives of, and develop funding for, Decatur County Memorial Hospital (DCMH.)
- More Health Headlines