Is it just me, or is Vectren Energy Delivery the most unresponsive, uncaring, corporation known to man?
As a small business owner, I not only have to, I want to treat my customers as humans and friends.
Not so at Vectren.
Let me explain.
I have a business account & a personal account with them. I pay both of these accounts from the same checking account. As a result, the payments I made to the business account was applied to my personal account.
The last several notices that I received from Vectren, were that I had a credit, that my deposit was applied to the account. I thought all was good.
Then I found my meter had been locked out!
I called and found out about the mix up.
I asked what we had to do to fix it.
I had to pay the deposit back that they had used for my bill. No problem there, BUUUUTTTT, they charged me a $60 reconnect fee. I said surely that could be waived as it was an honest mistake on both our parts.
To make a long story short, the answer was no.
I asked for a supervisor, explained the situation, and asked if it was too much trouble to call a customer who normally pays his / her bills, before locking out their meter and charging them an extra $60. I explained that if I had a customer who was behind on payments, I would call them and ask what was going on.
I wouldn't immediately go repossess what they had purchased from me!
Her reply, (at least eight times ) was, "we sent you a notice."
The sad fact of the matter is, if I want to do business in Greensburg, I have to buy from them. You and I have no choice other than to freeze.
Every dealing I have had with Vectren has been very negative.
They have no desire to be a customer friendly business.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the editor Okay, fair is fair Dear Editor: Two days into the roll-out of The Affordable Care Act, I wrote a rather scathing letter relating the repeated failed attempts by my wife and me to enroll her in one of the new government approved health care plans. Sh
- Indy cop no longer 'exemplary' Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offer a different take, to-wit: I'm
- The advantages of animal adoption Dear Editor: Many people have heard the saying "For every puppy bought, a pound puppy dies." Well, here are the statistics to back up that statement: According to the HSUS (www.humanesociety.org), nearly 8 million animals end up in shelters every ye
- The importance of facts Dear Editor: This letter is a response to K.B. Redelman's letter to the editor on Greensburg resident Hershel Houk's questions for Mayor Herbert published last week in the Daily News. Do you know Hershel Houk? It is obvious that you may know the Mayo
- Main Street Greensburg offers thanks Dear Editor: Main Street Greensburg would like to thank the following groups for weathering the cold and helping install the holiday decorations on the courthouse lawn this past Saturday: Greensburg Junior Optimists Club, Greensburg Rotary, ETC and D
- Letters to the editor A letter rebuttal Dear Editor: This letter is in response to Hershel Houk's recent letter to the editor. In his letter, Mr. Houk asked how much of a raise the Mayor gave himself. My answer would be that whatever he gets, he earns. It is not an easy j
- Take a grim lesson from the Native Americans Dear Editor: Given the prevailing mood of "let's attack the Federal Government," I believe it behooves us to address the controversy between those who believe in a strong federal government and those who just as strongly believe in state's rights, me
- Beware those 'heathen' Catholics Dear Editor: I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intelligence. What prompts this letter is
- In support of the fair tax bill Dear Editor: At the most recent Tree City Tea Party meeting of 11-9-13 , we heard a presentation by Mr. Jerry R. Lowman, the 6th district representative on the FAIR TAX. Through his presentation he explained the difference between the FAIR TAX and th
- Thank you for supporting the Alzheimer's walk Dear Editor: On behalf of team Memory Keepers, I am extending a heartfelt thank you to my family, friends, neighbors and community for your outstanding support of the 2013 Walk to End Alzheimer's. I have so many people to thank for their generous don
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines