Is it just me, or is Vectren Energy Delivery the most unresponsive, uncaring, corporation known to man?
As a small business owner, I not only have to, I want to treat my customers as humans and friends.
Not so at Vectren.
Let me explain.
I have a business account & a personal account with them. I pay both of these accounts from the same checking account. As a result, the payments I made to the business account was applied to my personal account.
The last several notices that I received from Vectren, were that I had a credit, that my deposit was applied to the account. I thought all was good.
Then I found my meter had been locked out!
I called and found out about the mix up.
I asked what we had to do to fix it.
I had to pay the deposit back that they had used for my bill. No problem there, BUUUUTTTT, they charged me a $60 reconnect fee. I said surely that could be waived as it was an honest mistake on both our parts.
To make a long story short, the answer was no.
I asked for a supervisor, explained the situation, and asked if it was too much trouble to call a customer who normally pays his / her bills, before locking out their meter and charging them an extra $60. I explained that if I had a customer who was behind on payments, I would call them and ask what was going on.
I wouldn't immediately go repossess what they had purchased from me!
Her reply, (at least eight times ) was, "we sent you a notice."
The sad fact of the matter is, if I want to do business in Greensburg, I have to buy from them. You and I have no choice other than to freeze.
Every dealing I have had with Vectren has been very negative.
They have no desire to be a customer friendly business.
- Letters to the Editor
- Don’t leave questions unanswered Don't leave questions unanswered To the Editor: I am writing this letter about something most people have been through. It's not a fun thing to go through. We have people who get upset over remarks, things that happen and some for reasons that we hav
- US foreign policy is a mess US foreign policy is a mess Dear Editor: Our country's foreign policy is at a low point. In Egypt, our President supports the Muslim Brotherhood, who are terrorists kicked out of power. Mr. Obama has cut off aid to the caretaker government that has
- Statement from Indiana Farm Bureau about Senate Bill 101: Indiana Farm Bureau and its farmer members thank the House Judiciary Committee for voting favorably on Senate Bill 101, a measure that will provide farmers the same protections against trespass enjoyed by all Hoosier homeowners. Indiana Farm Bureau l
- Millions of pics snapped, but few saved for future info and pleasure Dear Editor: In these days of incessant picture taking, where everybody with a "smart" phone has suddenly become a "photographer," I'm concerned that in the not-very-distant future nobody will actually have a photo record of their family. Marilyn and
- It’s time for a change It's time for a change To the Editor: I am writing about the racial discrimination suit against Honda. Greensburg has had a reputation of racial bias since before I was born back in the 1920s. I heard tales of this since I was a kid. I worked with
- Girl Scouts celebrate in February Dear Editor: During the month of February, Girl Scouts celebrate African American History Month and World Thinking Day. Diversity has been a core value of Girl Scouts since Juliette Gordon Low gathered together the first troop of 18 girls in Savannah
- letters to the editor Owners should take responsibility Dear Editor: Empty houses that are not cared for make it difficult for neighbors. We live next door to a house that has been empty for years. The owner does not maintain the home except to have someone cut the gras
- Relay for Life a way to celebrate, remember Dear Editor: February is National Cancer Prevention Month, so I thought it would be a good time to write this letter. For the past 15 years or so, I've participated in the Decatur County Relay for Life. My reasons have been many, especially in 2008 w
- 'Gun-crazed' Americans have fingers on potential tragedy Many years ago I had a conversation with a lady that was an acquaintance of mine. During the conversation she proudly proclaimed that she owned seven guns and that if anyone broke into her home she was going to shoot them. When it came to the shooti
- Pulling the plug on HJR-3 Dear Editor: Opponents of HJR-3 (Indiana 's proposed constitutional amendment ) shared their personal stories of hardship and uplifting courage. Their personal testimony changed many a heart. Supporters of the amendment rely on past fears, old data,
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines