Is it just me, or is Vectren Energy Delivery the most unresponsive, uncaring, corporation known to man?
As a small business owner, I not only have to, I want to treat my customers as humans and friends.
Not so at Vectren.
Let me explain.
I have a business account & a personal account with them. I pay both of these accounts from the same checking account. As a result, the payments I made to the business account was applied to my personal account.
The last several notices that I received from Vectren, were that I had a credit, that my deposit was applied to the account. I thought all was good.
Then I found my meter had been locked out!
I called and found out about the mix up.
I asked what we had to do to fix it.
I had to pay the deposit back that they had used for my bill. No problem there, BUUUUTTTT, they charged me a $60 reconnect fee. I said surely that could be waived as it was an honest mistake on both our parts.
To make a long story short, the answer was no.
I asked for a supervisor, explained the situation, and asked if it was too much trouble to call a customer who normally pays his / her bills, before locking out their meter and charging them an extra $60. I explained that if I had a customer who was behind on payments, I would call them and ask what was going on.
I wouldn't immediately go repossess what they had purchased from me!
Her reply, (at least eight times ) was, "we sent you a notice."
The sad fact of the matter is, if I want to do business in Greensburg, I have to buy from them. You and I have no choice other than to freeze.
Every dealing I have had with Vectren has been very negative.
They have no desire to be a customer friendly business.
- Letters to the Editor
- letter to the editor A polite invitation to proper language usage Dear Editor: Am I the only person to notice that the splendid word "invitation" is rapidly disappearing from our English language? One now receives an "invite" to this or that function, but no longer an in
- We must move past grief Dear Editor: I would like to kind of bare my soul. When we have loved ones, friends and young ones who pass away before their time, we believe they are going to a better place, but the place they are leaving is in our hearts and minds. This is very
- Many country drivers speed, ignore stop signs Dear Editor: It was no April Fool's Joke when the front page of the Tues., April 1, Rushville Republican revealed the sad fact that yet another teen age driver had come to grief on a country road. Fortunately the young female driver was not seriously
- Many of my submitted questions remain unanswered Dear Editor: It is usually pointless to "respond to a response," but I feel compelled to do so in this instance. The critique of my letter "Why an assault rifle in the home?," by Mr. Ronald Hassler, is so poorly written as to be not worthy of note, b
- The crime is more important than the weapon Dear Editor: I felt it necessary to respond to Norm Voiles's letter regarding the accidental firearm killing of a Greensburg youth and the subsequent points raised by the writer. Mr. Voiles quickly turns his attention from the incident itself to the
- Good dancers float across the floor Good dancers float across the floor Here I am, drinking that cup of coffee again and remembering my wife Peggy. I loved to dance and when we danced, we blended together. My daughter and I have some of that, but Annie is a different generation. I reme
- Why an assault rifle in the home? Why an assault rifle in the home? Dear Editor: I was pleased to learn that the owner of the M4 assault rifle used in the recent accidental killing of a Greensburg youth has been charged with two felonies. Regardless of the outcome of this deeply dis
- Letter to the editor Setting an example Dear Editor: Today (March 20), as I was going to Chili's for lunch with my mom and sister, I saw a cop car in front of me drop a cigarette butt on the ground and drove away. I don't think that this is right because cops should all
- BBBS thanks the community Dear Editor: Big Brothers Big Sisters would like to thank everyone for their support of "Bowl for Kids' Sake" on Sunday, March 9. More than 600 youth in Decatur County benefit from our various programs and more youth are still in need of our support
- America needs a spiritual awakening Dear Editor: America is mired in the cesspool of serious immorality. Various leaders and even so called "liberal clergy" endorse these evils. The Bible warns of wolves in sheep's clothing and nations that shun God by turning our backs on God will be
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines