Is it just me, or is Vectren Energy Delivery the most unresponsive, uncaring, corporation known to man?
As a small business owner, I not only have to, I want to treat my customers as humans and friends.
Not so at Vectren.
Let me explain.
I have a business account & a personal account with them. I pay both of these accounts from the same checking account. As a result, the payments I made to the business account was applied to my personal account.
The last several notices that I received from Vectren, were that I had a credit, that my deposit was applied to the account. I thought all was good.
Then I found my meter had been locked out!
I called and found out about the mix up.
I asked what we had to do to fix it.
I had to pay the deposit back that they had used for my bill. No problem there, BUUUUTTTT, they charged me a $60 reconnect fee. I said surely that could be waived as it was an honest mistake on both our parts.
To make a long story short, the answer was no.
I asked for a supervisor, explained the situation, and asked if it was too much trouble to call a customer who normally pays his / her bills, before locking out their meter and charging them an extra $60. I explained that if I had a customer who was behind on payments, I would call them and ask what was going on.
I wouldn't immediately go repossess what they had purchased from me!
Her reply, (at least eight times ) was, "we sent you a notice."
The sad fact of the matter is, if I want to do business in Greensburg, I have to buy from them. You and I have no choice other than to freeze.
Every dealing I have had with Vectren has been very negative.
They have no desire to be a customer friendly business.
- Letters to the Editor
- No Headline Provided Children need your voice Dear Editor:I am writing today to bring attention to a local organization, Advocates for Children, which provides one-on-one volunteer advocacy and support for kids involved in the child welfare system.I think we can all agre
- No Headline Provided Dear Editor: Now that the huge flow of ill-gotten taxes from legal gambling in Indiana is on the wane, it's apparent that the next move by our supposedly strait-laced statehouse officials will be to legalize and tax the heck out of, you guessed it, m
- Six decades of problems To the Editor:I am writing today about something that has been bugging me for 64 years. It is about my addition, called Highland, and the problems we have had with city government.I bought two lots in 1950 from Sheldon Alvreson. We had our house buil
- letter to the editor Tri Kappa grateful for successful parade Dear Editor:Tri Kappa would like to extend our appreciation to all those involved in helping make the Fourth of July Parade possible again this year. We appreciate Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home for the us
- Starting the conversation To the Editor:This is a subject that is always in the news. It is drugs, mainly marijuana. I was at my dermatologist’s, Dr. Dubois, the other day and we were discussing Colorado making marijuana legal and the state of Indiana making it legal for medi
- Fair share in property taxes When the Legislature’s Blue Ribbon Commission begins its look at the state’s taxes this summer, there will be talk of business needing to pay its “fair share.” But what is fair?Hoosier companies currently pay 50% of the state’s total property tax. Sh
- Great crowd for parade To the Editor:The 2014 fair parade was just awesome. I want to thank Joyce Holtkamp for inviting me to participate. Also, I want to thank Ortman Farms for the use of the hay wagon (during baling season no less), the Blasdel family for a place to stor
- Hope is eternal To the Editor:This is a subject I don’t really know how to address. In our lives, we have all had something we knew was unattainable, but couldn’t let go.It may be a job or it may be social standing, and we’ve all had love that we knew was not to be.
- Weighing in on the airport expansion In the Greensburg Daily News (GDN) article of 6-17-14 titled “Proposed Airport Expansion To Boost Job Creation, Officials Say”.... one thing lacking is current statistics to support anything stated.Industries are changing and we must change with them
- The debate on E-cigarettes The debate on E-cigarettesDear Editor:Here comes the sound of anti-smokers talking about the harms of e-cigarettes, you know the ones that burn no tobacco, only heat up a solution containing nicotine. No harms are known either to the smoker or anyone
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines