Thank you for rounding out our lives with occasional missives from the Daily News' former head of advertising, Norm Voiles.
That said, his latest grumblings about mankind, linking the Colorado theater shootings to an immature culture, made such leaps in bad logic that a reply is deserved.
Yes, we are all allowed our own opinions in this country, but Mr. Voiles summarily criticized the morals of a generation because he doesn't like their art!
Graphic novels have been around longer than I have; they are not solely the invention of Mr. Voiles' Òfailure to matureÓ generation.
Most importantly, comic books have never killed anyone.
Where is this headed? No, I don't have to go there; just show me where the real killer is mentioned in Mr. Voiles' letter. Is the real killer mentioned? Was the shooter armed with comic books?
From one curmudgeon to another,
Gloria Austin, Greensburg
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the editor Okay, fair is fair Dear Editor: Two days into the roll-out of The Affordable Care Act, I wrote a rather scathing letter relating the repeated failed attempts by my wife and me to enroll her in one of the new government approved health care plans. Sh
- Indy cop no longer 'exemplary' Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offer a different take, to-wit: I'm
- The advantages of animal adoption Dear Editor: Many people have heard the saying "For every puppy bought, a pound puppy dies." Well, here are the statistics to back up that statement: According to the HSUS (www.humanesociety.org), nearly 8 million animals end up in shelters every ye
- The importance of facts Dear Editor: This letter is a response to K.B. Redelman's letter to the editor on Greensburg resident Hershel Houk's questions for Mayor Herbert published last week in the Daily News. Do you know Hershel Houk? It is obvious that you may know the Mayo
- Main Street Greensburg offers thanks Dear Editor: Main Street Greensburg would like to thank the following groups for weathering the cold and helping install the holiday decorations on the courthouse lawn this past Saturday: Greensburg Junior Optimists Club, Greensburg Rotary, ETC and D
- Letters to the editor A letter rebuttal Dear Editor: This letter is in response to Hershel Houk's recent letter to the editor. In his letter, Mr. Houk asked how much of a raise the Mayor gave himself. My answer would be that whatever he gets, he earns. It is not an easy j
- Take a grim lesson from the Native Americans Dear Editor: Given the prevailing mood of "let's attack the Federal Government," I believe it behooves us to address the controversy between those who believe in a strong federal government and those who just as strongly believe in state's rights, me
- Beware those 'heathen' Catholics Dear Editor: I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intelligence. What prompts this letter is
- In support of the fair tax bill Dear Editor: At the most recent Tree City Tea Party meeting of 11-9-13 , we heard a presentation by Mr. Jerry R. Lowman, the 6th district representative on the FAIR TAX. Through his presentation he explained the difference between the FAIR TAX and th
- Thank you for supporting the Alzheimer's walk Dear Editor: On behalf of team Memory Keepers, I am extending a heartfelt thank you to my family, friends, neighbors and community for your outstanding support of the 2013 Walk to End Alzheimer's. I have so many people to thank for their generous don
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines