It is now time for the community and the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle Church to move to reconciliation.
Some believe in the literal word of the bible and some believe that it is a story of Christians moving toward Grace.
The one thing that is very clear is the message of reconciliation.
I hope the church can learn from this and I hope the community will allow that church to learn and grow. We know that there are churches all over the country that preach the literal word of the bible. We also know that education works.
How can we educate churches that preach the literal word what is acceptable in our community? How can we educate parents to teach children the bible of a loving God? Ê
- Letters to the Editor
- 10 things Mayor Herbert can do once he gets an assistant Dear Editor: #10 -- Have more time to promote the wonderfulness of living in Greensburg #9 -- Apply for more "free" grant money before Rushville, Batesville or Shelbyville gets it #8 -- Spend more time at Picker's Paradise #7 -- Try to find Menards,
- News mayor's assistant position: Why are new positions being created? Dear Editor: A proposed new position of Mayor's assistant / public relations director has only been passed on it's first reading by the City Council, at the request of our Mayor. There is one more reading yet to go which will take place at their next
- Can we really love again? Can we really love again? Dear Editor: This is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. Whether it's right or wrong, I can't get it out of my head. Could I fall in love again? My wife will always be my one true love, but this time it would
- Parks Department doing a great job Dear Editor: I'm writing a few lines to let people in Greensburg and Decatur County know what a wonderful person we have over our Parks and Recreation Department: Bob Barker. He has done so many wonderful things to make out parks better and more beau
- Kids should be kids, not criminals Dear Editor: The weather was lovely this weekend and our neighbors were all out to play. Well, except for some people from or outside of our neighborhood that broke in and vandalized several cars during the night. They stole change, pocket knives, ru
- letter to the editor A polite invitation to proper language usage Dear Editor: Am I the only person to notice that the splendid word "invitation" is rapidly disappearing from our English language? One now receives an "invite" to this or that function, but no longer an in
- We must move past grief Dear Editor: I would like to kind of bare my soul. When we have loved ones, friends and young ones who pass away before their time, we believe they are going to a better place, but the place they are leaving is in our hearts and minds. This is very
- Many country drivers speed, ignore stop signs Dear Editor: It was no April Fool's Joke when the front page of the Tues., April 1, Rushville Republican revealed the sad fact that yet another teen age driver had come to grief on a country road. Fortunately the young female driver was not seriously
- Many of my submitted questions remain unanswered Dear Editor: It is usually pointless to "respond to a response," but I feel compelled to do so in this instance. The critique of my letter "Why an assault rifle in the home?," by Mr. Ronald Hassler, is so poorly written as to be not worthy of note, b
- The crime is more important than the weapon Dear Editor: I felt it necessary to respond to Norm Voiles's letter regarding the accidental firearm killing of a Greensburg youth and the subsequent points raised by the writer. Mr. Voiles quickly turns his attention from the incident itself to the
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines