It is now time for the community and the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle Church to move to reconciliation.
Some believe in the literal word of the bible and some believe that it is a story of Christians moving toward Grace.
The one thing that is very clear is the message of reconciliation.
I hope the church can learn from this and I hope the community will allow that church to learn and grow. We know that there are churches all over the country that preach the literal word of the bible. We also know that education works.
How can we educate churches that preach the literal word what is acceptable in our community? How can we educate parents to teach children the bible of a loving God? Ê
- Letters to the Editor
- Former student offers congratulations |Dear Editor: Congratulations to Doreen and Howard Wilkison for celebrating 50 years of marriage (Daily News, Aug. 8). Doreen and Howard are wonderful people and have greatly contributed to the moral fiber and richness of Greensburg for many years.
- Controlling our minds, memories Dear Editor:I am writing about something a little off-beat. It’s about my mind and our minds.Our minds started as a blank page; everything was put there by our parents, people around us, society and as we grow. As we grow, we add our own memories to
- letters to the editor Family Clothes Closet offers thanksDear Editor:We have completed our 14th Family Clothes Closet and it was a huge success. We were blessed with faithful and hardworking volunteers. We had a youth group help set things up on Sunday evening, which mad
- No Headline Provided Thank you for the supportDear Editor:I would like to thank you for your beautiful write up and coverage of little Chance. We sure appreciate it so much.We would like to thank our church, the First Church of God, Pastor John, Pastor Darrel and our ent
- letters to the editor Veterans need new van Dear Editor:As you know, we have veterans from all branches of the service: Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and Air Force. These men and women have and are fighting for us. They are fighting and have fought to keep our country
- Church offers gratitude for assistance Dear Editor:The Springhill Presbyterian Church hosted another successful pork chop supper at the Clarksburg Fire Station on Aug. 1. We were blessed with those who attended, worked and contributed food items. We are especially grateful to the busines
- Right to Life offers thanks Dear Editor:Decatur County Right to Life would like to thank all those who made our baby contest at the fair such a great success. We had fifty-two beautiful entries, and first place went to Kristopher Dwiggins. Second through fifth places went to E
- Politicians are not the problem Politicians are not the problemDear Editor:I read the Letter to the Editor from Mr. Joe Wietlisbach on Aug 7, who complained of the Republican rhetoric that had invaded his mailbox. He said that it told lies of our President and that no facts were gi
- letters to the editor Recipe for an outstanding educatorDear Editor:First with a wire whisk stir in an enormous bag of enthusiasm, a garden of positivity, a huge heap of creativity, and an acre of artistic talent into a first grade classroom. Next add in a mound of studen
- Four reasons the president is failing Four reasons the president is failingDear Editor:President Obama has been on-the-job training and still doesn’t know the job, expect fundraisers and weird executive orders.Here are just four reasons he is failing, along with our country.One – The ISI
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines