This is in response to the witch hunt going on at a local church.
The people that are upset about what the church teaches either don't read the Bible, or their feelings reflect upon their lifestyle.
The King James Bible is the infallible word of God. You either like it, or you don't like what God had his followers write down in scripture.
There are several scriptures in the Bible that tell us God hates sin.
In the Old Testament, one example was the tale of the cities of Sodom and Gomorra.
God does not the sinner, just the sin. This church does not teach hate, they are doing what God has told us to do: "Go and preach the word of God to all the land."
It is their right to teach the word of God to their children and any non-believers. Under our Constitution, which was written by God-fearing people, they have this right!
No one makes you go to church. It is your choice to believe or not to believe.
God is a just God. The Bible tells us several stories about God commanding his people to do what he wants them to do, and if they didn't, God punished them.
God told Moses to speak to the rock to bring forth water, but Moses instead hit the rock with his rod. God punished him by telling he would not get to cross over into the Promised Land.
One of the worst sins we can commit is to rebel against the known will of God in our lives. The sin of rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft and idolatry (1 Samuel 15:23).
When God tugs at your heart strings and you receive the Holy Ghost, you will receive the truth, and the truth will set you free. Until then, you won't understand all of God's teachings.
- Letters to the Editor
- Indy cop no longer 'exemplary' Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offer a different take, to-wit: I'm
- The advantages of animal adoption Dear Editor: Many people have heard the saying "For every puppy bought, a pound puppy dies." Well, here are the statistics to back up that statement: According to the HSUS (www.humanesociety.org), nearly 8 million animals end up in shelters every ye
- The importance of facts Dear Editor: This letter is a response to K.B. Redelman's letter to the editor on Greensburg resident Hershel Houk's questions for Mayor Herbert published last week in the Daily News. Do you know Hershel Houk? It is obvious that you may know the Mayo
- Main Street Greensburg offers thanks Dear Editor: Main Street Greensburg would like to thank the following groups for weathering the cold and helping install the holiday decorations on the courthouse lawn this past Saturday: Greensburg Junior Optimists Club, Greensburg Rotary, ETC and D
- Letters to the editor A letter rebuttal Dear Editor: This letter is in response to Hershel Houk's recent letter to the editor. In his letter, Mr. Houk asked how much of a raise the Mayor gave himself. My answer would be that whatever he gets, he earns. It is not an easy j
- Take a grim lesson from the Native Americans Dear Editor: Given the prevailing mood of "let's attack the Federal Government," I believe it behooves us to address the controversy between those who believe in a strong federal government and those who just as strongly believe in state's rights, me
- Beware those 'heathen' Catholics Dear Editor: I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intelligence. What prompts this letter is
- In support of the fair tax bill Dear Editor: At the most recent Tree City Tea Party meeting of 11-9-13 , we heard a presentation by Mr. Jerry R. Lowman, the 6th district representative on the FAIR TAX. Through his presentation he explained the difference between the FAIR TAX and th
- Thank you for supporting the Alzheimer's walk Dear Editor: On behalf of team Memory Keepers, I am extending a heartfelt thank you to my family, friends, neighbors and community for your outstanding support of the 2013 Walk to End Alzheimer's. I have so many people to thank for their generous don
- St. Mary's Youth Ministry, Bread of Life grateful for help Dear Editor: THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU! On behalf of Bread of Life and St. Mary's Youth Ministry, a big THANK YOU goes out to everyone who took part in the Trick-or-Treat food drive last night. It was a record breaking ye
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines