As I list the notable achievements of my loved ones, I consider the celebrations that follow. Most have been held out of town or at one place: El Reparo.
Because the achievements of our loved ones are worth noticing and appreciating, the celebration should indicate our feelings. In Greensburg, El Reparo is about as fancy as celebrations get. ThatÕs why more fancy or sit-down restaurants should be opened in Greensburg.
Restaurants such as Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster and Outback Steakhouse are more ideal for special occasions. These restaurants may cost money to bring to town, but in the long run, they would attract greater numbers of travelers to Greensburg, making more money for our city.
Thank you for your generosity.
- Letters to the Editor
- Don’t leave questions unanswered Don't leave questions unanswered To the Editor: I am writing this letter about something most people have been through. It's not a fun thing to go through. We have people who get upset over remarks, things that happen and some for reasons that we hav
- US foreign policy is a mess US foreign policy is a mess Dear Editor: Our country's foreign policy is at a low point. In Egypt, our President supports the Muslim Brotherhood, who are terrorists kicked out of power. Mr. Obama has cut off aid to the caretaker government that has
- Statement from Indiana Farm Bureau about Senate Bill 101: Indiana Farm Bureau and its farmer members thank the House Judiciary Committee for voting favorably on Senate Bill 101, a measure that will provide farmers the same protections against trespass enjoyed by all Hoosier homeowners. Indiana Farm Bureau l
- Millions of pics snapped, but few saved for future info and pleasure Dear Editor: In these days of incessant picture taking, where everybody with a "smart" phone has suddenly become a "photographer," I'm concerned that in the not-very-distant future nobody will actually have a photo record of their family. Marilyn and
- It’s time for a change It's time for a change To the Editor: I am writing about the racial discrimination suit against Honda. Greensburg has had a reputation of racial bias since before I was born back in the 1920s. I heard tales of this since I was a kid. I worked with
- Girl Scouts celebrate in February Dear Editor: During the month of February, Girl Scouts celebrate African American History Month and World Thinking Day. Diversity has been a core value of Girl Scouts since Juliette Gordon Low gathered together the first troop of 18 girls in Savannah
- letters to the editor Owners should take responsibility Dear Editor: Empty houses that are not cared for make it difficult for neighbors. We live next door to a house that has been empty for years. The owner does not maintain the home except to have someone cut the gras
- Relay for Life a way to celebrate, remember Dear Editor: February is National Cancer Prevention Month, so I thought it would be a good time to write this letter. For the past 15 years or so, I've participated in the Decatur County Relay for Life. My reasons have been many, especially in 2008 w
- 'Gun-crazed' Americans have fingers on potential tragedy Many years ago I had a conversation with a lady that was an acquaintance of mine. During the conversation she proudly proclaimed that she owned seven guns and that if anyone broke into her home she was going to shoot them. When it came to the shooti
- Pulling the plug on HJR-3 Dear Editor: Opponents of HJR-3 (Indiana 's proposed constitutional amendment ) shared their personal stories of hardship and uplifting courage. Their personal testimony changed many a heart. Supporters of the amendment rely on past fears, old data,
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines