As I list the notable achievements of my loved ones, I consider the celebrations that follow. Most have been held out of town or at one place: El Reparo.
Because the achievements of our loved ones are worth noticing and appreciating, the celebration should indicate our feelings. In Greensburg, El Reparo is about as fancy as celebrations get. ThatÕs why more fancy or sit-down restaurants should be opened in Greensburg.
Restaurants such as Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster and Outback Steakhouse are more ideal for special occasions. These restaurants may cost money to bring to town, but in the long run, they would attract greater numbers of travelers to Greensburg, making more money for our city.
Thank you for your generosity.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the editor Taking a stand Dear Editor: I read the article about the gay marriage ban. Randy Frye made his comments of him being in favor of the bill, but is on record stating that whatever the results were he would accept the results. My opinion doesn't agree w
- Letter to the editor Okay, fair is fair Dear Editor: Two days into the roll-out of The Affordable Care Act, I wrote a rather scathing letter relating the repeated failed attempts by my wife and me to enroll her in one of the new government approved health care plans. Sh
- Indy cop no longer 'exemplary' Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offer a different take, to-wit: I'm
- The advantages of animal adoption Dear Editor: Many people have heard the saying "For every puppy bought, a pound puppy dies." Well, here are the statistics to back up that statement: According to the HSUS (www.humanesociety.org), nearly 8 million animals end up in shelters every ye
- The importance of facts Dear Editor: This letter is a response to K.B. Redelman's letter to the editor on Greensburg resident Hershel Houk's questions for Mayor Herbert published last week in the Daily News. Do you know Hershel Houk? It is obvious that you may know the Mayo
- Main Street Greensburg offers thanks Dear Editor: Main Street Greensburg would like to thank the following groups for weathering the cold and helping install the holiday decorations on the courthouse lawn this past Saturday: Greensburg Junior Optimists Club, Greensburg Rotary, ETC and D
- Letters to the editor A letter rebuttal Dear Editor: This letter is in response to Hershel Houk's recent letter to the editor. In his letter, Mr. Houk asked how much of a raise the Mayor gave himself. My answer would be that whatever he gets, he earns. It is not an easy j
- Take a grim lesson from the Native Americans Dear Editor: Given the prevailing mood of "let's attack the Federal Government," I believe it behooves us to address the controversy between those who believe in a strong federal government and those who just as strongly believe in state's rights, me
- Beware those 'heathen' Catholics Dear Editor: I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intelligence. What prompts this letter is
- In support of the fair tax bill Dear Editor: At the most recent Tree City Tea Party meeting of 11-9-13 , we heard a presentation by Mr. Jerry R. Lowman, the 6th district representative on the FAIR TAX. Through his presentation he explained the difference between the FAIR TAX and th
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines