The rain held off and many dedicated individuals from the community returned this year for another delicious serving of strawberries and shortcake. It was a great day!
The Decatur County United Fund would like to thank everyone who came out to enjoy a dessert at the recent strawberry festival.
Thanks to the many hungry customers, the United Fund is $5,652 closer to our campaign goal.
This event would not be possible without the continued support and generosity of KB Specialty Foods, which donates the strawberries, shortcakes and whipped topping for the festival.
Our thanks also go out to Greensburg Tool & Supply, Ellis Tent & Events, Smith Implements, First Presbyterian Church, the Street Department, the County Commissioners, and Duke Energy.
The Greensburg Daily News and WTRE radio also played an important role in making this a successful event.
Of course, the Strawberry Festival isn't a festival without the help of many volunteers. More than 85 people volunteered throughout the day.
Special thanks go to JoAnn Fry, Jane Haas, Brenda Miller, and Jim Sturges for coordinating the many helping hands. Thank you to Jayne Schlemmer and Susan Wilson for their dedication in the kitchen over the last several years.
A special thank you goes to Diane Hart-Dawson for coordinating the drive-up lane helpers from the YMCA. Also, to Kristy Tebbe and Amanda Noah of South Decatur High School for the peer helpers they recruited for the day. Great job! The Decatur County United Fund thanks everyone for their continued support.
Decatur County United Fund
- Letters to the Editor
- No Headline Provided Thank you for the supportDear Editor:I would like to thank you for your beautiful write up and coverage of little Chance. We sure appreciate it so much.We would like to thank our church, the First Church of God, Pastor John, Pastor Darrel and our ent
- letters to the editor Veterans need new van Dear Editor:As you know, we have veterans from all branches of the service: Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and Air Force. These men and women have and are fighting for us. They are fighting and have fought to keep our country
- Church offers gratitude for assistance Dear Editor:The Springhill Presbyterian Church hosted another successful pork chop supper at the Clarksburg Fire Station on Aug. 1. We were blessed with those who attended, worked and contributed food items. We are especially grateful to the busines
- Right to Life offers thanks Dear Editor:Decatur County Right to Life would like to thank all those who made our baby contest at the fair such a great success. We had fifty-two beautiful entries, and first place went to Kristopher Dwiggins. Second through fifth places went to E
- Politicians are not the problem Politicians are not the problemDear Editor:I read the Letter to the Editor from Mr. Joe Wietlisbach on Aug 7, who complained of the Republican rhetoric that had invaded his mailbox. He said that it told lies of our President and that no facts were gi
- letters to the editor Recipe for an outstanding educatorDear Editor:First with a wire whisk stir in an enormous bag of enthusiasm, a garden of positivity, a huge heap of creativity, and an acre of artistic talent into a first grade classroom. Next add in a mound of studen
- Four reasons the president is failing Four reasons the president is failingDear Editor:President Obama has been on-the-job training and still doesn’t know the job, expect fundraisers and weird executive orders.Here are just four reasons he is failing, along with our country.One – The ISI
- No Headline Provided Children need your voice Dear Editor:I am writing today to bring attention to a local organization, Advocates for Children, which provides one-on-one volunteer advocacy and support for kids involved in the child welfare system.I think we can all agre
- No Headline Provided Dear Editor: Now that the huge flow of ill-gotten taxes from legal gambling in Indiana is on the wane, it's apparent that the next move by our supposedly strait-laced statehouse officials will be to legalize and tax the heck out of, you guessed it, m
- Six decades of problems To the Editor:I am writing today about something that has been bugging me for 64 years. It is about my addition, called Highland, and the problems we have had with city government.I bought two lots in 1950 from Sheldon Alvreson. We had our house buil
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines