- Letters to the Editor
- The finest man I’ve known The finest man I've known Dear Editor: I am writing today about a person in my life whom was one of the finest people I have ever known. I am writing about Mose Levenstein. We had two in town, then one was Store Mose and the other was Junkyard Mose.
- Passion for purple Passion for purple Dear Editor: Every October, the country goes pink in support of breast cancer research. It's a beautiful sight. The underlying message is one of a vast network of support from family, friends, and total strangers. I would love to
- When does being offended become offensive? Has anyone else noticed that being offended has become the new norm? Nowadays, everyone is offended about everything. This unfortunate new fad can be, to a great extent, attributed to "social media," which, while having positive aspects, can also bec
Remembering things that should have been done
I was feeling melancholy this morning and thinking about
what a good friend, Bob Middendorf, and I were talking about over coffee the
other morning. We were talking about things we should have done for our wives.
- Letter to the Editor My stay in Memorial Hospital I am sure you have heard or read stories of how bad things were in the hospital, now I would like to tell you my side. I was just released after two weeks spent on the third floor with pneumonia. The rooms are private, l
- What makes a class act? To the editor: I'm going to delve into something that is a very complicated subject. How do you define "class?" They may have the look of "class" but there are so many ways to define class - their a class act. I know a lot of people who were and who
- letter to the editor Out of the Darkness Campus Walk for Suicide Prevention My story begins with a full of life, gorgeous, hard-working individual. She loved gardening, flowers, animals, and birds. Nikkie was my sister-in-law and a very loving mother. She loved to create
- For all the mothers For all the mothers Dear Editor: What does it mean to be a mother? From the very beginning, a mother accepts the most dedicated responsibility, that of being a mother. What is the meaning of the word mother? She is a teacher, a nurse, a homemaker an
- County BZA to decide important CAFO zoning change Wednesday Dear Editor: There will be a BZA and APC meeting held Wednesday, May 7, on the proposed ordinance amendments; one of the topics deals with CAFO (Confinement of Animals Feeding Operations) zoning. Or in short terms, HOG BARNS! One of the ordinance art
- Compassion knows no boundaries Dear Editor: In July 2014 I will again be returning to the orphanage in Liberia that my children, Onah and Marie, once called home. This will be my fourth trip to the orphanage since 2009 and I am so excited about the possibilities. In 2012, God pave
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines