The Holiday season is upon us!
Greensburg has many scheduled events that are occurring between now and Christmas.
Downtown Greensburg kicks off the season with The Holiday Walk Friday, Nov. 30.
The festivities will begin with the annual Christmas Parade at 6 p.m.
Businesses, families, and individuals alike are invited to take part. All veterans, police, firemen, sheriff, etc. that participate will receive free hot cocoa for their service to our community. Additionally, each retail store on the square has “Santa’s Helpers” tickets to give to five lucky children that shop there.
The children with the tickets are to show up at the Post Office at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 30.
These children can either be an “elf” or a “reindeer” as they walk in front of Santa in the parade to help usher him downtown. Santa will arrive at the Santa House (Decatur County Courthouse atrium) where he will greet children that evening from 6:30 p.m. until 9 p.m. At the Walk there will be music, free crafts, carriage rides, and more! After the Holiday Walk, Santa’s House will be open every Friday until Dec. 21, from 4:30 to 7 p.m.
A model railroad display will be held in the basement of the Greensburg Presbyterian Church, 202 N Franklin St., Dec. 7 to 9.
The hours are: Friday, December 7, 4-7pm; Saturday, December 8, 1-7pm; Sunday, December 9, 1-5pm. On December 8, Santa will be there 3-6pm. The admission is free and each child will receive a free raffle ticket to win a Lionel Train.
The Decatur County Historical Society will hold its annual Christmas Open House at the Museum, 222 N. Franklin St, from 1 to 4 p.m. Dec. 9.
The Victorian themed Christmas will feature music by different groups, many holiday foods, and an appearance from Santa.
Their Christmas exhibit remains on display Dec. 1 to 31.
Visit them online at www.decaturcountyhistory.org for additional information.
For additional information regarding downtown Greensburg please visit www.mainstreetgreensburg.com.
— Daily News
The Holiday season is upon us!
- Gas Creek project receives engineering award GREENSBURG - A local project to reduce flooding received a statewide engineering award that recognizes originality, complexity and economic value. The city of Greensburg had hired GRW Engineers for a $2 million Gas Creek Watershed improvement program
- Planning to walk Out of the Darkness GREENSBURG - Organizers for the Out of the Darkness Suicide Prevention Walk are making plans and working hard to ensure that this year's event is even bigger and better than last year's walk. This year's Out of the Darkness walk will be May 17 at the
- On this day in history 1496 - Jews were expelled from Syria. 1609 - The Bermuda Islands became an English colony. 1664 - New Jersey became a British colony. King Charles II granted land in the New World to his brother James (The Duke of York). 1755 - In North Arlington, N
- Police investigate shooting GREENSBURG - The Greensburg Police Department (GPD) is investigating a shooting that occurred shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday. GPD Detective Bill Meyerrose confirmed a shooting took place at 1031 North Carver Street Tuesday afternoon, but was unable to
- Decatur County Events Calendar March 13 11:30 a.m. - Decatur County Retired Teachers Association meets at McCamment's Cattlemen's Inn. 1:30 to 3 p.m. - Crochet club at Greensburg Adult Center. 6:30 p.m. - $5 Euchre tourney at Greensburg Adult Center. 7:30 p.m. - Lois Chapter #147,
- COUNTY DIGEST Regional tickets available this week Tickets for the Washington Regional on Saturday, March 15 will be available in the athletic office this week. The tickets will be sold through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. until noon. Gre
- Posey drives in 4 to lead Giants over Reds GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- Buster Posey had a three-run homer off Tony Cingrani among his three hits, leading the San Francisco Giants over the Cincinnati Reds 8-5 Tuesday. Posey added an RBI double and a single as the Giants overcame a three-run deficit. "P
Shooting claims life of boy, 13
A Greensburg boy has died following a shooting at his home on North Carver Street Tuesday evening.
- DSI holds open house kicks off Disability Awareness Month GREENSBURG - The industrial-looking façade of Developmental Industries Inc. of Decatur County (DSI) hides something that few would ever guess lies behind the walls - a family united by ties that have nothing to do with blood. The clients and staff at
- 'Cleansburg' project continues April 5 GREENSBURG - The weekend's distinctly spring-like weather may have prompted many Decatur Countians to do a little seasonal cleaning amid the long-awaited sunshine. But keeping things squeaky-clean, regardless of the season, is a thought never far fro
- More News Headlines