The Holiday season is upon us!
Greensburg has many scheduled events that are occurring between now and Christmas.
Downtown Greensburg kicks off the season with The Holiday Walk Friday, Nov. 30.
The festivities will begin with the annual Christmas Parade at 6 p.m.
Businesses, families, and individuals alike are invited to take part. All veterans, police, firemen, sheriff, etc. that participate will receive free hot cocoa for their service to our community. Additionally, each retail store on the square has “Santa’s Helpers” tickets to give to five lucky children that shop there.
The children with the tickets are to show up at the Post Office at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 30.
These children can either be an “elf” or a “reindeer” as they walk in front of Santa in the parade to help usher him downtown. Santa will arrive at the Santa House (Decatur County Courthouse atrium) where he will greet children that evening from 6:30 p.m. until 9 p.m. At the Walk there will be music, free crafts, carriage rides, and more! After the Holiday Walk, Santa’s House will be open every Friday until Dec. 21, from 4:30 to 7 p.m.
A model railroad display will be held in the basement of the Greensburg Presbyterian Church, 202 N Franklin St., Dec. 7 to 9.
The hours are: Friday, December 7, 4-7pm; Saturday, December 8, 1-7pm; Sunday, December 9, 1-5pm. On December 8, Santa will be there 3-6pm. The admission is free and each child will receive a free raffle ticket to win a Lionel Train.
The Decatur County Historical Society will hold its annual Christmas Open House at the Museum, 222 N. Franklin St, from 1 to 4 p.m. Dec. 9.
The Victorian themed Christmas will feature music by different groups, many holiday foods, and an appearance from Santa.
Their Christmas exhibit remains on display Dec. 1 to 31.
Visit them online at www.decaturcountyhistory.org for additional information.
For additional information regarding downtown Greensburg please visit www.mainstreetgreensburg.com.
— Daily News
The Holiday season is upon us!
- Lunch Menus Dec. 9 - Dec. 13 Good Shepherd Christian Academy Monday - Turkey and noodles, mixed vegetables, cornbread with butter, roasted apples, milk Tuesday - Sliced ham, cheesy potatoes, peas, whole wheat dinner roll with butter, peaches, Christmas cookie, m
- Paul Martin Scholle, 68 June 9, 1945 - Dec. 4, 2013 Paul Martin Scholle, 68, of Osgood, passed away Dec. 4, 2013. Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9 at Neal's Funeral Home, Osgood. Funeral services begin at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10 at St. Maurice Church in Napoleon. Military graveside rites
- Santa will arrive Tuesday File Photo Santa will be arriving in Greensburg Tuesday, due to the winter storm blanketing Decatur County Friday. The Holiday Walk is rescheduled for 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10. Although there will not be a parade, everything else will be bu
- Colts visit Bengals in AFC clash Sunday INDIANAPOLIS - The game -- Indianapolis Colts (8-4, 4-0 AFC South) at Cincinnati Bengals (8-4, 2-2 AFC North), 1 p.m. (EST), Paul Brown Stadium (FieldTurf), Cincinnati, Ohio. Coverage -- CBS Sports (Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf); Colts Radio Network (Bo
- Pratt, GCHS students honored for Kennedy re-enactment GREENSBURG - Greensburg Community High School (GCHS) history teacher John Pratt and the juniors of GCHS were honored by the Indiana Historical Society (IHS) Monday for their re-enactment of Robert Kennedy's 1968 campaign speech at the courthouse as p
- A positive minute: What is Advent? At our Wednesday evening Bible Study, I've been asked, "What is Advent?" Here's a definition: "The coming or arrival, especially of something extremely important. The liturgical period preceding Christmas, beginning in Western churches on the fourth
- Ice storm survival tips MILWAUKEE - Ice creates beautiful scenery - a winter wonderland. But when ice coats roads, sidewalks and power lines it creates a dangerous situation often resulting in downed power lines, car accidents and injuries from slip and falls. "Of the more
- More plan to use request-to-speak forms GREENSBURG - Leaders of the Greensburg Redevelopment Commission and the Board of Aviation Commissioners plan to use the mayor's new and controversial request-to-speak forms for the first time at their next public meetings. Mayor Gary Herbert recently
Two critically injured in three-vehicle crash
A three-vehicle crash sent four people to the hospital late Friday morning, with two of the victims suffering critical injuries.
According to lead investigator Jason Hankins, senior trooper with the Indiana State Police (ISP), the accident occurred a little before 10 a.m. Friday morning.
Santa to arrive Tuesday
Santa will be arriving in Greensburg on Tuesday, due to the winter storm blanketing Decatur County Friday. The Holiday Walk is rescheduled for 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10. Although there will not be a parade, everything else will be business as usual, say organizers. Santa was originally scheduled to arrive Friday evening before the winter storm travel advisory delayed his arrival. Santa will be set up in the courthouse on Tuesday to greet Decatur County's children.
- More News Headlines