Greensburg — Santa will be arriving in Greensburg on Tuesday, due to the winter storm blanketing Decatur County Friday. The Holiday Walk is rescheduled for 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10. Although there will not be a parade, everything else will be business as usual, say organizers. Santa was originally scheduled to arrive Friday evening before the winter storm travel advisory delayed his arrival. Santa will be set up in the courthouse on Tuesday to greet Decatur County's children.
Ponderosa damaged in fire
GREENSBURG -- Discarded cigarette butts may have been the culprit in a fire that temporarily forced the closure of a local restaurant and caused an estimated $10,000 in damages Friday night.
- Job growth again tops 200,000 WASHINGTON — U.S. employers extended their solid hiring into July by adding 209,000 jobs. It was the sixth straight month of job growth above 200,000, evidence that businesses are gradually shedding the caution that had marked the 5-year-old recovery
- Few pool days remain before summer's end GREENSBURG — The calendar might not say winter is almost here, but for Greensburg and Decatur County school kids, summer’s ending draws near.Greensburg Community Schools return to classes Monday, while Decatur County Community Schools welcome student
- Colts lose 2nd starter with season-ending injury ANDERSON, Ind. — Colts left guard Donald Thomas will require season-ending surgery to repair his injured right quad.Coach Chuck Pagano said Thursday an MRI confirmed the diagnosis.Thomas also missed most of last season with a torn right quad in Week
- No Headline Provided Local clubs, service groups, fraternal organizations and others are encouraged to send their Coming Events information to the Daily News at email@example.com or Daily News, PO Box 106, Greensburg, IN 47240.Aug. 18 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Plein-Ai
- Four arrested on charges of conspiracy to manufacture meth GREENSBURG — Four Greensburg residents were arrested Wednesday afternoon by Indiana State Police on drug-related charges including conspiracy to manufacture meth. Authorities said the investigation is ongoing and they expect more arrests.At about 2 p
- Hirings, resignations mark DCCS Board meeting GREENSBURG — In a brief special meeting Wednesday night, the Decatur County Community Schools (DCCS) Board formalized a number of new hires, resignations and retirements.DCCS Superintendent Johnny Budd told the Daily News that the need for the meetin
- Greensburg among state's safest cities GREENSBURG – Data collected by a home security resource company has placed Greensburg among the 10 safest cities in Indiana.Safewise.com, an online source for obtaining information about home security systems, recently selected the 50 safest cities i
- Miss Tree City to be named in Saturday ceremony GREENSBURG — Five contestants will vie Saturday to serve as Miss Tree City and to reign over the Tree City Fall Festival in late September.The competition will be at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the Greensburg Learning Center, 422 E. Central Ave. Admission
- Indiana Pioneer Engineers Club Steam Engine Show and Reunion starts today The 66th annual Indiana Pioneer Steam Engine Show and Reunion will be held beginning today and continue through Aug. 3 at Caldwell Acres, 3707 South CR 200W. For more than half a century, Rush County has hosted members and visitors from all over the
- More News Headlines
- Ponderosa damaged in fire