- 'Carl Fisher' Historical Marker to be dedicated in Greensburg A public dedication ceremony for an Indiana state historical marker commemorating American entrepreneur, Carl Fisher, is scheduled for 5 p.m., May 16, at the Washington Street entrance to the Decatur County Courthouse, located at 150 Courthouse Squar
- St. Maurice close to municipal water ST. MAURICE -- A failing well at their rural home has forced Pat Kramer and his family to take long breaks between water-heavy activities such as washing clothes and taking showers. When the well was drilled in 1977, it delivered 18 gallons of water
- Elvis, '70s history makers highlight Chautauqua GREENSBURG - Reports of an Elvis sighting in Greensburg Tuesday night, however unsubstantiated, might not have been all that far from the truth. A man in a sparkling white tiger-themed jump suit took the stage at the Greensburg Community High School
- Decatur County Events Calendar Local clubs, service groups, fraternal organizations and others are encouraged to send their Coming Events information to the Daily News at firstname.lastname@example.org or Daily News, PO Box 106, Greensburg, IN 47240. April 17 6 to 7:30 p.m. - Crunch
- Farmers can sign up for disaster assistance now U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) State Executive Director Julia A. Wickard announced April 9 that farmers can sign up for disaster assistance programs, reestablished and strengthened by the 2014 Farm Bill, beginning Tue
- Commission tweaks sign ordinance GREENSBURG -- When City Engineer Gary Murray tried recently to enforce the local sign law, he noticed that he lacked the statutory powers. Last June, after years of discussion, committees and disagreements with some local business owners, the Greensb
- Local banks fund Pirate championship signs GREENSBURG - Many local residents may have noticed the new additions to the "Welcome to Greensburg" signs posted at the five main entrances to the city. The Daily News spoke to Greensburg Mayor Gary Herbert to learn more about the new signs and how t
SDES “Pinocchio” is great family fun
WESTPORT – Fifth and sixth grade students at South Decatur Elementary School (SDES) will stage a production of Disney’s “My Son Pinocchio Jr.” at 7 p.m. on April 24 and 25 at the school.
After the roles were cast, students began practicing under the tutelage of SDES music teacher Karen Meeker in September.
- Jonestown survivor tells cautionary tale of history GREENSBURG -- Deborah Layton's nightmares of Jonestown ceased long ago, but even after all these years, one dream yet remains. It's a dream of her mother and it's very simple, Layton explained. She was speaking to a group of Decatur Countians Monday
- At a glance... Obituary: Velma Carrie Lutes, 86 At a glance Courthouse closed for Good Friday Absentee voting will be closed at the Decatur County Courthouse Friday due to the closure of the courthouse in observance of Good Friday. Absentee voting is open from no
- More News Headlines