Helen Virginia Hatton, 93, of Flat Rock, passed away Dec. 31, 2012 at her home.
Mrs. Hatton was born July 28, 1919 in Noble Township of Shelby County to George W. and Mellie Marlin Braden. She married Lowell Hatton Nov. 27, 1938 and he preceded her in death June 29, 1999.
She was a lifelong resident of Shelby County. Mrs. Hatton was a homemaker and enjoyed baking pies and doing embroidery work. She shared gifts of her embroidery with family and friends.
Mrs. Hatton was a member of Lewis Creek Baptist Church in Shelby County.
She was president of the Loyal Messengers Sunday School Class for several years at the church and was also a member of Order of Eastern Star at Norristown.
Survivors include her son Richard “Dick” (wife Kay) Hatton of Flat Rock’ two daughters, Mrs. Steve (Lola) LeMasters of Boggstown and Mrs. John (Martha) Kolkmeier of Waldron; a brother George E (wife Ruth) Braden of Greensburg and a sister-in-law, Mrs. Martha Dooley of Flat Rock. Ten grandchildren survive; Jeff (wife Brenda) Hatton and Markita (husband Dick) Turvey both of Flat Rock, Kimberly (husband Jeff) Rothaar of Greenwood, Matthew (wife Linda) LeMastes of Shelbyville, Jamie (wife Jackie) Kolkmeier of Corydon, Andrea Knarr of Shelbyville,
Anita (husband Tony) Samuel of Indianapolis, Jason (wife Mary) Kolkmeier of Shelbyville , Annette (husband Adam ) Wentzel of Greenbsurg and J.D. Kolkmeier of Waldron; 21 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lewis Creek Baptist Church.
Jason Kolkmeier and Branden Sutton will conduct Mrs. Hatton’s celebration of life service at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church with calling from 9 a.m. until service time at the church.
Burial will follow at the Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Shelby County.
Memorials may be made to Decatur-Shelby Hospice, American Heart Association or Lewis Creek Baptist Church General Fund through Norman Funeral Home, 604 Main St., Hope, IN 47246.
Online condolences may be sent ot the Hatton family at wwwnormanfuneralhome.net.
- Maryland Beth Beard, 89 March 11, 1925 – April 17, 2014 |Maryland Beth Beard, 89, passed away April 17, 2014, at the Brennity in Fairhope, Ala. She was born on March 11, 1925, in Detroit, Mich., the daughter of Royal Bartsch and Maryland Murphy. On December 30, 1948, she married Ronald Beard and moved to
- Lawrence E. Schroeder, 94 Aug. 21, 1919 - April 21, 2014 Lawrence E. Schroeder, 94, Greensburg, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014 at Heritage House, Greensburg. Born Aug. 21, 1919 in Decatur County, he was the son of Edward H. and Josephine (Walters) Schroeder. Lawrence retired from Ripley County Beverage
- Brenda Precious Ross McMillian, 67 March 2, 1947 - April 22, 2014 Brenda Precious Ross McMillian, 67, of North Vernon, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014. Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, April 25, at Dove-Sharp & Rudicel Funeral Home, North Vernon. Funeral begins at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 26, at the funera
- Edith May Aulbach, 99 Aug. 18, 1914 - April 22, 2014 Edith May Aulbach, 99, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, in Napoleon. Visitation is from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday, April 25, at St. Maurice Catholic Church in Napoleon, followed by funeral services at 11 a.m. Burial follows in St. Michael's Cemetery,
- Lawrence E. Schroeder, 94 Aug. 21, 1919 - April 21, 2014 Lawrence E. Schroeder, 94, Greensburg, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Heritage House in Greensburg. Born Aug. 21, 1919, in Decatur County, he was the son of Edward H. and Josephine (Walters) Schroeder. Lawrence retired from the Ripley County
- Marvin Cox, 67 Marvin Cox, 67, of Rushville, passed away Saturday, April 19, 2014, while in the company of family members, at Morristown Manor. Marvin was born on June 9, 1946, a son of the late Carmen (Richards) and Hubert E Cox. Funeral Service will be at 10 a.m.
Lorie A. Crane, 44
Lorie A. Crane, 44, Greensburg, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014, at her residence in Greensburg. She was born on Dec. 23, 1969, in Anderson. Lorie had previously worked for DSI in Greensburg. She is survived by two daughters, Kayla Platt (Mike Col
- Frank E. Harris Jr., 60 Frank E. Harris Jr., 60, of Butlerville passed away Friday, April 19, 2014, at his residence. A funeral service will be conducted at 7: 30 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Sawyer – Pickett Funeral & Cremation Service. Rev. Raymond Spicer will officia
- Matthew D. Grimes, 37 March 17, 1977 - April 18, 2014 Matthew D. Grimes, 37, Greensburg, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014 at his residence in Greensburg. Born March 17, 1977 in Greensburg, he was the son of Floyd D. "Duke" and Nancy D. (Smith) Grimes. Matt was a 1996 graduate of Greensburg Community
- Donald E. Faulconer, 83 Oct. 2, 1930 - April 17, 2014 Donald E. Faulconer, 83, of Greensburg, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Major Hospital in Shelbyville. He was born Oct. 2, 1930 in Shelby County, the son of Howard and Pearl (Hawkins) Faulconer. He married Virginia (McComas) Faulconer Aug. 1
- More Obituaries Headlines