Helen Virginia Hatton, 93, of Flat Rock, passed away Dec. 31, 2012 at her home.
Mrs. Hatton was born July 28, 1919 in Noble Township of Shelby County to George W. and Mellie Marlin Braden. She married Lowell Hatton Nov. 27, 1938 and he preceded her in death June 29, 1999.
She was a lifelong resident of Shelby County. Mrs. Hatton was a homemaker and enjoyed baking pies and doing embroidery work. She shared gifts of her embroidery with family and friends.
Mrs. Hatton was a member of Lewis Creek Baptist Church in Shelby County.
She was president of the Loyal Messengers Sunday School Class for several years at the church and was also a member of Order of Eastern Star at Norristown.
Survivors include her son Richard “Dick” (wife Kay) Hatton of Flat Rock’ two daughters, Mrs. Steve (Lola) LeMasters of Boggstown and Mrs. John (Martha) Kolkmeier of Waldron; a brother George E (wife Ruth) Braden of Greensburg and a sister-in-law, Mrs. Martha Dooley of Flat Rock. Ten grandchildren survive; Jeff (wife Brenda) Hatton and Markita (husband Dick) Turvey both of Flat Rock, Kimberly (husband Jeff) Rothaar of Greenwood, Matthew (wife Linda) LeMastes of Shelbyville, Jamie (wife Jackie) Kolkmeier of Corydon, Andrea Knarr of Shelbyville,
Anita (husband Tony) Samuel of Indianapolis, Jason (wife Mary) Kolkmeier of Shelbyville , Annette (husband Adam ) Wentzel of Greenbsurg and J.D. Kolkmeier of Waldron; 21 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lewis Creek Baptist Church.
Jason Kolkmeier and Branden Sutton will conduct Mrs. Hatton’s celebration of life service at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church with calling from 9 a.m. until service time at the church.
Burial will follow at the Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Shelby County.
Memorials may be made to Decatur-Shelby Hospice, American Heart Association or Lewis Creek Baptist Church General Fund through Norman Funeral Home, 604 Main St., Hope, IN 47246.
Online condolences may be sent ot the Hatton family at wwwnormanfuneralhome.net.
- Velma Carrie Lutes, 86 April 6, 1928 – April 14, 2014 Velma Carrie Lutes, 86, died Monday, April 14, 2014. Services will be all in one day on Thursday, April 17, at Neal's Funeral Home in Osgood. Visitation is from 10 a.m. to noon and the funeral service will begin at noon, followed by burial in St. Joh
- Charles R. Bunting, 70 Feb. 1, 1944 - April 10, 2014 Charles R. Bunting, 70, of Greensburg, passed away Thursday, April 10, 2014. Visitation is from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, at Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home. Funeral services begin at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Online condolen
- Trysin Aander Ernstes Trysin Aander Ernstes of Greensburg was stillborn Sunday, April 13, 2014 at St. Vincent Women's Hospital in Indianapolis. He was the son of Tiffani J. Venable and Charles Ernstes II, of Greensburg. Other survivors include his sisters, Jastin Venabl
- Margaret E. Giesting-Jones, 80 Sept. 1, 1933 – April 11, 2014 Margaret E. Giesting-Jones, 80, of Batesville, passed away on Friday, April 11, 2014. She was born Sept. 1, 1933, the daughter of Robert E. and Ethel (Jackson) Martin. She married John Giesting on Oct. 25, 1958, and he preceded her in death on Dec.
- L. Jerry Lee 81 Nov. 1, 1932 - April 12, 2014 (PLEASE USE THE FLAG - VETERAN) L. Jerry Lee, 81, of Greensburg, passed peacefully away Saturday, April 12, at Arbor Grove Village, Greensburg. He was born Nov. 1, 1932, a son of the late Louise (Schwagmeier) and Lloyd E. Lee. He was the husband of A
- Bernice M. Peters, 89
- Susan M. Huffmeyer, 48 Sept. 24, 1965 – April 10, 2014 Susan M. Huffmeyer, 48, of Napoleon, passed away Thursday, April 10, 2014, at her home. She was born in Batesville on Sept. 24, 1965, the daughter of Raymond and Rose (Simmermeyer) Weisenbach. She was a 1983 graduate of East Central High School and
- Loretta T. Blankman, 84 Loretta T. Blankman, 84, of Greensburg, passed away Friday, April 11, 2014 at Columbus Regional Hospital in Columbus. Born April 28, 1929 in Harrison, Ohio, she was the daughter of Elmer and Elizabeth (Hoerst) Roell. Loretta was a member of St. Mary'
- Bruce Flannery, 56 June 6, 1957 - April 10, 2014 Bruce Flannery, 56, of North Vernon, passed away Thursday, April 10, 2014. Funeral services begin at 11 a.m. Monday, April 14, at Dove-Sharp & Rudicel Funeral Home, North Vernon. Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, April 13, at the funeral home
- Hugh Smith November 13, 1946 - April 9, 2014 Hugh Smith, 67, Greensburg, passed away at his Greensburg residence. Hugh was born in Manchester, Ky., November 13, 1946, a son of the late Alice (Maxie) and Theo Smith. Grave Side Funeral Service will be in Westport Cemetery, at 11 a.m., April 12.
- More Obituaries Headlines