Helen Virginia Hatton, 93, of Flat Rock, passed away Dec. 31, 2012 at her home.
Mrs. Hatton was born July 28, 1919 in Noble Township of Shelby County to George W. and Mellie Marlin Braden. She married Lowell Hatton Nov. 27, 1938 and he preceded her in death June 29, 1999.
She was a lifelong resident of Shelby County. Mrs. Hatton was a homemaker and enjoyed baking pies and doing embroidery work. She shared gifts of her embroidery with family and friends.
Mrs. Hatton was a member of Lewis Creek Baptist Church in Shelby County.
She was president of the Loyal Messengers Sunday School Class for several years at the church and was also a member of Order of Eastern Star at Norristown.
Survivors include her son Richard “Dick” (wife Kay) Hatton of Flat Rock’ two daughters, Mrs. Steve (Lola) LeMasters of Boggstown and Mrs. John (Martha) Kolkmeier of Waldron; a brother George E (wife Ruth) Braden of Greensburg and a sister-in-law, Mrs. Martha Dooley of Flat Rock. Ten grandchildren survive; Jeff (wife Brenda) Hatton and Markita (husband Dick) Turvey both of Flat Rock, Kimberly (husband Jeff) Rothaar of Greenwood, Matthew (wife Linda) LeMastes of Shelbyville, Jamie (wife Jackie) Kolkmeier of Corydon, Andrea Knarr of Shelbyville,
Anita (husband Tony) Samuel of Indianapolis, Jason (wife Mary) Kolkmeier of Shelbyville , Annette (husband Adam ) Wentzel of Greenbsurg and J.D. Kolkmeier of Waldron; 21 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lewis Creek Baptist Church.
Jason Kolkmeier and Branden Sutton will conduct Mrs. Hatton’s celebration of life service at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church with calling from 9 a.m. until service time at the church.
Burial will follow at the Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Shelby County.
Memorials may be made to Decatur-Shelby Hospice, American Heart Association or Lewis Creek Baptist Church General Fund through Norman Funeral Home, 604 Main St., Hope, IN 47246.
Online condolences may be sent ot the Hatton family at wwwnormanfuneralhome.net.
- Larry Dale Wright, 67 Sept. 17, 1946 - Dec. 9, 2013 A Celebration of LifeThe family of Larry Dale Wright would like to invite you to join us in the celebration of his life. The service will be held from 2 to 5 p.m., Sunday, July 27, at the Knights of St. John Hall, 312 S. Wilder Street, Greensburg.Mr.
- Larry A. Davis Sr., 69 Nov. 21, 1944 – July 26, 2014 Larry A. Davis Sr., 69, Greensburg, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Major Hospital in Shelbyville.Born Nov. 21, 1944, in Beech Grove, he was the son of Elbert Davis and Viola (Cramer) Gauck.Larry graduated from St. Paul High School and he was
- Gertie B. Brockman, 98 May 7, 1916 - July 25, 2014 Gertie B. Brockman, 98, passed away July 25, 2014. She was born May 7, 1916, the daughter of Alonzo T. and Ida K. (Boring) Bailey.She was a 1934 graduate of Greensburg High School. On June 27, 1942, she married Melvin G. Brockman.Gertie owned and ope
- Lelah Marjean Wolfe Keller, 89 Dec. 18, 1924 – July 27, 2014 Lelah Marjean Wolfe Keller, 89, left her earthly home on July 27, 2014, to meet Jesus and her family members who have preceded her in the resurrection of life through her Lord, Jesus Christ.She was born Dec. 18, 1924, to Harold and Edna (Walker) Wolf
- Charles Paul Meister, 81 Jan. 24, 1933 - July 27, 2014 Charles Paul Meister, 81, of Osgood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014.Visitation is from 10 a.m. until time of funeral services at noon Tuesday, July 29, at St. John’s Catholic Church of Osgood.Military graveside services by Osgood American Legion a
- Gertie B. Brockman, 98 May 7, 1916 - July 25, 2014 Gertie B. Brockman, 98, passed away July 25, 2014. She was born May 7, 1916, the daughter of Alonzo T. and Ida K. (Boring) Bailey.She graduated from Greensburg High School in 1934. On June 27, 1942, she married Melvin. Brockman.Gertie owned and opera
- Jerry Lee Mann, 75 Jerry Lee Mann, 75, of Greensburg, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Andrews Health Campus, Batesville.Jerry was born in Grant County, March 24, 1939, to Jack Norman and Vera A. (Poindexter) Mann.Jerry worked for MiTech and Smith Implements
- Phyllis Jean Chitwood, 89 April 23, 1925 - July 20, 2014 Phyllis Jean Chitwood, 89, of Greensburg, passed away Sunday, July 20, at Decatur County Memorial Hospital. Phyllis was born April 23, 1925 in Sharpsville, the daughter of Park and Marjorie Snyder. On May 9, 1946, she married Kenneth Chitwood in Kala
- James Lee Meyers, 69 Sept. 9, 1944 - July 18, 2014 James Lee Meyers, 69, New Castle, died Friday, July 18, 2014, among family.Born: Sept. 9, 1944, Batesville, to Edna (Denker) and Aloise E Meyers.Married: Nancy A. (Norrick) Meyers April 10, 1985.Graveside Service: East Brook Cemetery, Milroy, 10 a.m.
- Jack Kenneth Branstutter, 75 Aug. 28 1938 – July 19, 2014 Jack Kenneth Branstutter, 75, of North Vernon, passed away Saturday, July, 19, 2014.Jack was a United States Army veteran, and retired from Print Pack in Greensburg after 25 years of service.Cremation was chosen following Jack’s wishes. Newcomer Fune
- More Obituaries Headlines