Helen Virginia Hatton, 93, of Flat Rock, passed away Dec. 31, 2012 at her home.
Mrs. Hatton was born July 28, 1919 in Noble Township of Shelby County to George W. and Mellie Marlin Braden. She married Lowell Hatton Nov. 27, 1938 and he preceded her in death June 29, 1999.
She was a lifelong resident of Shelby County. Mrs. Hatton was a homemaker and enjoyed baking pies and doing embroidery work. She shared gifts of her embroidery with family and friends.
Mrs. Hatton was a member of Lewis Creek Baptist Church in Shelby County.
She was president of the Loyal Messengers Sunday School Class for several years at the church and was also a member of Order of Eastern Star at Norristown.
Survivors include her son Richard “Dick” (wife Kay) Hatton of Flat Rock’ two daughters, Mrs. Steve (Lola) LeMasters of Boggstown and Mrs. John (Martha) Kolkmeier of Waldron; a brother George E (wife Ruth) Braden of Greensburg and a sister-in-law, Mrs. Martha Dooley of Flat Rock. Ten grandchildren survive; Jeff (wife Brenda) Hatton and Markita (husband Dick) Turvey both of Flat Rock, Kimberly (husband Jeff) Rothaar of Greenwood, Matthew (wife Linda) LeMastes of Shelbyville, Jamie (wife Jackie) Kolkmeier of Corydon, Andrea Knarr of Shelbyville,
Anita (husband Tony) Samuel of Indianapolis, Jason (wife Mary) Kolkmeier of Shelbyville , Annette (husband Adam ) Wentzel of Greenbsurg and J.D. Kolkmeier of Waldron; 21 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lewis Creek Baptist Church.
Jason Kolkmeier and Branden Sutton will conduct Mrs. Hatton’s celebration of life service at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church with calling from 9 a.m. until service time at the church.
Burial will follow at the Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Shelby County.
Memorials may be made to Decatur-Shelby Hospice, American Heart Association or Lewis Creek Baptist Church General Fund through Norman Funeral Home, 604 Main St., Hope, IN 47246.
Online condolences may be sent ot the Hatton family at wwwnormanfuneralhome.net.
- Sr. Jonette Scheidler, O.S.F., 97 Dec. 16, 1916 – March 6, 2014 Sr. Jonette Scheidler, O.S.F., 97, of Srs. of St. Francis in Oldenburg, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at the convent. She was born Dec. 16, 1916, in Millhousen, the daughter of Paul and Clara (Herbert) Scheidler. She entered the convent Sept. 8, 1946
- Jeanne E. Dwenger, 83 Jeanne E. Dwenger, 83, of Hamburg, passed away Thursday, March 6, 2014. Visitation is from 9 to 11 a.m. Monday, March 10, at Weigel Funeral Home, Batesville. Funeral begins at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial follows in St. Louis Cemetery.
- Linda Taylor Couch Palas, 74 April 30, 1939 - March 6, 2014 Linda Taylor Couch Palas, 74, of Brownsville, Texas, passed away Thursday, March 6, 2014. She went to high school in Carrollton, Ky., lived in Greensburg for a time and visited Decatur County often with her husband Stanley Couch who preceded her in d
- Colleen Cherry, 51 Dec. 29, 1962 – March 4, 2014 |Colleen Cherry, 51, of Greensburg, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014. She was born Dec. 29, 1962, in Anaheim, Calif., the daughter of Hugh and Rosanne Miller. Colleen graduated from South Decatur High School in 1981. She was a quality control spec
- Walter Joseph Allen, 88 April 19, 1925 - March 4, 2014 Walter Joseph Allen, 88, Greensburg, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Heritage House Nursing Home in Greensburg. Born April 19, 1925 in Decatur County, he was the son of William Walter and Velma Gayle (Skinner) Allen. Walter helped his father as
- Charles L. Flick Jr., 87 Dec. 7, 1926 - March 3, 2014 Charles L. Flick Jr., 87, of the Hopewell community near Holton, passed away Monday, March 3, 2014, at Columbus Regional Hospital. He was born near Holton Dec. 7, 1926, the son of Charles and Emma (Detraz) Flick. He married Mabel Comer Oct. 15, 1949;
- Thomas R. Waechter, 64 Thomas R. Waechter, 64, of Oldenburg, passed away Sunday, March 2, 2014. Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, March 7, at Weigel Funeral Home, Batesville. A service will follow. Funeral begins at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, at Holy Family Catholic Church,
- Annabelle Kelley, 90 July 25, 1923 - March 3, 2014 Annabelle Kelley, 90, of Waldron, passed away Monday, March 3, 2014. Visitation is from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday, March 7, at Glenn E. George & Son Funeral Home, Shelbyville, with funeral services beginning at 11 a.m. Burial follows in Van Pelt Cemetery
- Jean (Arthur) Bennett, 88 Mrs. Jean (Arthur) Bennett, 88, of Columbus, passed away Saturday, March 1, 2014. Funeral services begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 8, at Bass & Gasper Funeral Home. Visitation is from 9 a.m. until time of service. Burial in Westport Cemetery. Memori
- Dale E. Schofner, 74 Jan. 15, 1940 - March 1, 2014 Dale E. Schofner, 74, of Shelbyville, passed away Saturday, March 1, 2014. Funeral services begin at 10 a.m. Friday, March 7, at St. Joseph Catholic Church. Burial follows in the church cemetery. Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 6, at M
- More Obituaries Headlines