Helen Virginia Hatton, 93, of Flat Rock, passed away Dec. 31, 2012 at her home.
Mrs. Hatton was born July 28, 1919 in Noble Township of Shelby County to George W. and Mellie Marlin Braden. She married Lowell Hatton Nov. 27, 1938 and he preceded her in death June 29, 1999.
She was a lifelong resident of Shelby County. Mrs. Hatton was a homemaker and enjoyed baking pies and doing embroidery work. She shared gifts of her embroidery with family and friends.
Mrs. Hatton was a member of Lewis Creek Baptist Church in Shelby County.
She was president of the Loyal Messengers Sunday School Class for several years at the church and was also a member of Order of Eastern Star at Norristown.
Survivors include her son Richard “Dick” (wife Kay) Hatton of Flat Rock’ two daughters, Mrs. Steve (Lola) LeMasters of Boggstown and Mrs. John (Martha) Kolkmeier of Waldron; a brother George E (wife Ruth) Braden of Greensburg and a sister-in-law, Mrs. Martha Dooley of Flat Rock. Ten grandchildren survive; Jeff (wife Brenda) Hatton and Markita (husband Dick) Turvey both of Flat Rock, Kimberly (husband Jeff) Rothaar of Greenwood, Matthew (wife Linda) LeMastes of Shelbyville, Jamie (wife Jackie) Kolkmeier of Corydon, Andrea Knarr of Shelbyville,
Anita (husband Tony) Samuel of Indianapolis, Jason (wife Mary) Kolkmeier of Shelbyville , Annette (husband Adam ) Wentzel of Greenbsurg and J.D. Kolkmeier of Waldron; 21 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lewis Creek Baptist Church.
Jason Kolkmeier and Branden Sutton will conduct Mrs. Hatton’s celebration of life service at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church with calling from 9 a.m. until service time at the church.
Burial will follow at the Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Shelby County.
Memorials may be made to Decatur-Shelby Hospice, American Heart Association or Lewis Creek Baptist Church General Fund through Norman Funeral Home, 604 Main St., Hope, IN 47246.
Online condolences may be sent ot the Hatton family at wwwnormanfuneralhome.net.
- Cora Marie Crawley, 87 April 17, 1926 - Dec. 5, 2013 Cora Marie Crawley, 87 of Greensburg, passed away Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013 at Aspen Place Health Campus. Cora was born April 17, 1926 in Decatur County, the daughter of Gilbert and Opal McCullough-Heaton. Cora was a 1944 graduate of Burney High School.
- Opal Dale-Pruitt, 96 Oct. 26, 1917 - Dec. 5, 2013 Opal Dale-Pruitt, 96, of Greensburg, was born in Ashland, Ky., to Harden Dale and Mima Skaggs Dale, Oct. 26, 1917. She was married to Clayton Pruitt for 57 years, and he lovingly cared for her during her extended illness. Opal went to heaven Thursda
- Richard Lee “Dickie” White, 66
- Kevin A. Adams, 53 Kevin A. Adams, 53, of Indianapolis passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013. Funeral services begin at 1 p.m. Friday at Norman Funeral Home in Hope. Visitation is from 11 a.m. until time of service Friday. Burial follows in Rest Haven Cemetery in Edinburgh
- Eugene J. "Red" Billman, 84 May 25, 1929 - Dec. 2, 2013 Eugene J. "Red" Billman, 84, of Batesville, passed away Monday, Dec. 2, 2013 at his home. Born May 25, 1929 in Batesville, he was the son of Lena (Eckstein) and Charles Billman Sr. He married Ruth Weisenbach Oct. 23, 1954 at St. Anthony's Church in M
- Floyd Franklin Lowe, 95 On Nov. 30, 2013, at the age of 95, Floyd Lowe prepared to let go of this life in order to take hold of the next. He peacefully left his home on earth and entered into his heavenly home, where he was met by his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, as well
- James A. Oliphant, 72
- Gale Rudicel, 81
- Carl L. Redelman, 74
- Mary Esther Proctor, 78
- More Obituaries Headlines