Helen Virginia Hatton, 93, of Flat Rock, passed away Dec. 31, 2012 at her home.
Mrs. Hatton was born July 28, 1919 in Noble Township of Shelby County to George W. and Mellie Marlin Braden. She married Lowell Hatton Nov. 27, 1938 and he preceded her in death June 29, 1999.
She was a lifelong resident of Shelby County. Mrs. Hatton was a homemaker and enjoyed baking pies and doing embroidery work. She shared gifts of her embroidery with family and friends.
Mrs. Hatton was a member of Lewis Creek Baptist Church in Shelby County.
She was president of the Loyal Messengers Sunday School Class for several years at the church and was also a member of Order of Eastern Star at Norristown.
Survivors include her son Richard “Dick” (wife Kay) Hatton of Flat Rock’ two daughters, Mrs. Steve (Lola) LeMasters of Boggstown and Mrs. John (Martha) Kolkmeier of Waldron; a brother George E (wife Ruth) Braden of Greensburg and a sister-in-law, Mrs. Martha Dooley of Flat Rock. Ten grandchildren survive; Jeff (wife Brenda) Hatton and Markita (husband Dick) Turvey both of Flat Rock, Kimberly (husband Jeff) Rothaar of Greenwood, Matthew (wife Linda) LeMastes of Shelbyville, Jamie (wife Jackie) Kolkmeier of Corydon, Andrea Knarr of Shelbyville,
Anita (husband Tony) Samuel of Indianapolis, Jason (wife Mary) Kolkmeier of Shelbyville , Annette (husband Adam ) Wentzel of Greenbsurg and J.D. Kolkmeier of Waldron; 21 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lewis Creek Baptist Church.
Jason Kolkmeier and Branden Sutton will conduct Mrs. Hatton’s celebration of life service at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church with calling from 9 a.m. until service time at the church.
Burial will follow at the Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Shelby County.
Memorials may be made to Decatur-Shelby Hospice, American Heart Association or Lewis Creek Baptist Church General Fund through Norman Funeral Home, 604 Main St., Hope, IN 47246.
Online condolences may be sent ot the Hatton family at wwwnormanfuneralhome.net.
- Aaron J. McCrary, 21 Oct. 15, 1992 - Aug. 18, 2014 Aaron J. McCrary, 21, Greensburg, passed away on Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, at the Cincinnati Children Hospital Medical Center. Born, Oct. 15, 1992, in Batesville, he was the son of Don and Janice (Kohlman) McCrary. Aaron graduated from Greensburg High S
- Nancy L. (Sefton) King, 76 Nancy L. (Sefton) King, 76, of Simpsonville, South Carolina, passed away Friday, Aug. 15, 2014.Graveside services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 23, in Spring Hill Cemetery in Decatur County. Rev. David Humphrey will officiate.Arrangemen
- Verdia Merritt, 82 Verdia Merritt, 82, of Greensburg, passed away Sunday evening, Aug. 17, 2014, at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.Arrangements are pending at Burns Funeral Home in Milroy.
- Vickie Lynn Wheeler, 62 July 20, 1952 - Aug. 14, 2014 Vickie Lynn Wheeler, 62, of Scipio, passed away Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014. She was born July 20, 1952.Visitation will be from 2 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 17 at Dove-Sharp & Rudicel Funeral Home in North Vernon. Funeral services begin at 11 a.m. Monday
- Edith L. Lovegrove, 94 Aug. 23, 1919 - Aug. 10, 2014 Edith L. Lovegrove, 94, of North Vernon, passed away Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014.Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 19, at Bass & Gasper Funeral Home in Westport. Funeral services begin at 11 a.m. Wednesday, at the funeral home, with Past
- William Talbert Green, 87 Oct. 29, 1926 - Aug. 6, 2014 William Talbert Green, 87, passed away Aug. 6, 2014, at the Hickory Creek Nursing Home in Greensburg. Bill was born on Oct. 29, 1926, in Hamilton County, Ohio. He was the son of Col. Roy L. and Dorothy (Talbert) Green.Bill graduated high school and l
- Elsie F. (Robbins) Cuskaden, 90 March 23, 1924 - Aug. 13, 2014 Elsie F. (Robbins) Cuskaden, 90, of Greensburg, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014 at Decatur County Memorial Hospital.Elsie was born in Greensburg, on March 23, 1924, to Oscar and Opal Lee (Ray) Robbins.Elsie was married George H. Cuskaden on Dec.
- Sr. Helen Saler O.S.F., 85 Feb. 10, 1929 – Aug. 4, 2014 Sr. Helen Saler O.S.F., formerly Sr. Devota, 85, of the Srs. of St. Francis in Oldenburg, died Monday, Aug. 4, 2014, at the convent. Born Feb. 10, 1929, in Enochsburg, she was the daughter of Charles and Pauline (Suding) Saler.She entered the convent
- Carrie Etta McCullough, 87 Dec. 11, 1926 – Aug. 3. 2014 Carrie Etta McCullough, 87, of Indianapolis, passed away Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014, at the Community Heart & Vascular Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born Dec. 11, 1926, in Anderson, the daughter of J. Elmer and Ettie Irene (Seal) Black.She was raised i
- Montina Sterchi, 92 Aug. 1, 1922 – Aug. 7, 2014 Montina Sterchi was born Aug. 1, 1922, in Bonnieville, (Hart County) Kentucky, to Ivy and Mary (Wilson) Hodges. She passed away in Tahlequah, Oklahoma on Aug. 7, 2014, at the age of 92.Monty grew up in Bonnieville and later moved to Louisville, Kentu
- More Obituaries Headlines