John David Bakes, 71, Shelbyville, died Monday, Oct. 22, 2012 at Major Hospital in Shelbyville.
He was born in Shelbyville Sept. 10, 1941, the son of John J. Bakes and Bertha (Spurling) Bakes.
John married Linda Kay (Kuntz) Bakes June 8, 1959 and she survives.
He is also survived by three daughters: Jamie (Edward) Kuhn of Shelbyville, Karen (Michael) Lewis of St. Paul and Robin Ritter of Rush County; a brother, James Blake, of Shelbyville; two sisters: Rozella Bakes of St. Paul and Louisa Kimmel of Olney, Ill and 10 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
John had lived in Shelbyville for the past two years, previously residing in St. Paul.
He worked as a military pay clerk at Fort Benjamin Harrison for 21 years. He also worked at Delta Faucet in Greensburg.
John was a 1959 graduate of St. Paul High School and member of Union Chapel Church. He was also a member of the St. Paul Volunteer Fire Department for 32 years.
Funeral services begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27 at Union Chapel Methodist Church in St. Paul, Rev. Dawn Barnes presiding. A time of visitation begins at 10 a.m. and continues until time of service Saturday.
Burial will follow at a later date.
Memorials may be made to the St. Paul Volunteer Fire Department or Union Chapel Methodist Church in the care of Glenn E. George and Son Funeral Home, Shelbyville.
- Cora Marie Crawley, 87 April 17, 1926 - Dec. 5, 2013 Cora Marie Crawley, 87 of Greensburg, passed away Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013 at Aspen Place Health Campus. Cora was born April 17, 1926 in Decatur County, the daughter of Gilbert and Opal McCullough-Heaton. Cora was a 1944 graduate of Burney High School.
- Opal Dale-Pruitt, 96 Oct. 26, 1917 - Dec. 5, 2013 Opal Dale-Pruitt, 96, of Greensburg, was born in Ashland, Ky., to Harden Dale and Mima Skaggs Dale, Oct. 26, 1917. She was married to Clayton Pruitt for 57 years, and he lovingly cared for her during her extended illness. Opal went to heaven Thursda
- Richard Lee “Dickie” White, 66
- Kevin A. Adams, 53 Kevin A. Adams, 53, of Indianapolis passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013. Funeral services begin at 1 p.m. Friday at Norman Funeral Home in Hope. Visitation is from 11 a.m. until time of service Friday. Burial follows in Rest Haven Cemetery in Edinburgh
- Eugene J. "Red" Billman, 84 May 25, 1929 - Dec. 2, 2013 Eugene J. "Red" Billman, 84, of Batesville, passed away Monday, Dec. 2, 2013 at his home. Born May 25, 1929 in Batesville, he was the son of Lena (Eckstein) and Charles Billman Sr. He married Ruth Weisenbach Oct. 23, 1954 at St. Anthony's Church in M
- Floyd Franklin Lowe, 95 On Nov. 30, 2013, at the age of 95, Floyd Lowe prepared to let go of this life in order to take hold of the next. He peacefully left his home on earth and entered into his heavenly home, where he was met by his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, as well
- James A. Oliphant, 72
- Gale Rudicel, 81
- Carl L. Redelman, 74
- Mary Esther Proctor, 78
- More Obituaries Headlines