John David Bakes, 71, Shelbyville, died Monday, Oct. 22, 2012 at Major Hospital in Shelbyville.
He was born in Shelbyville Sept. 10, 1941, the son of John J. Bakes and Bertha (Spurling) Bakes.
John married Linda Kay (Kuntz) Bakes June 8, 1959 and she survives.
He is also survived by three daughters: Jamie (Edward) Kuhn of Shelbyville, Karen (Michael) Lewis of St. Paul and Robin Ritter of Rush County; a brother, James Blake, of Shelbyville; two sisters: Rozella Bakes of St. Paul and Louisa Kimmel of Olney, Ill and 10 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
John had lived in Shelbyville for the past two years, previously residing in St. Paul.
He worked as a military pay clerk at Fort Benjamin Harrison for 21 years. He also worked at Delta Faucet in Greensburg.
John was a 1959 graduate of St. Paul High School and member of Union Chapel Church. He was also a member of the St. Paul Volunteer Fire Department for 32 years.
Funeral services begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27 at Union Chapel Methodist Church in St. Paul, Rev. Dawn Barnes presiding. A time of visitation begins at 10 a.m. and continues until time of service Saturday.
Burial will follow at a later date.
Memorials may be made to the St. Paul Volunteer Fire Department or Union Chapel Methodist Church in the care of Glenn E. George and Son Funeral Home, Shelbyville.
- Velma Carrie Lutes, 86 April 6, 1928 – April 14, 2014 Velma Carrie Lutes, 86, died Monday, April 14, 2014. Services will be all in one day on Thursday, April 17, at Neal's Funeral Home in Osgood. Visitation is from 10 a.m. to noon and the funeral service will begin at noon, followed by burial in St. Joh
- Charles R. Bunting, 70 Feb. 1, 1944 - April 10, 2014 Charles R. Bunting, 70, of Greensburg, passed away Thursday, April 10, 2014. Visitation is from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, at Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home. Funeral services begin at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Online condolen
- Trysin Aander Ernstes Trysin Aander Ernstes of Greensburg was stillborn Sunday, April 13, 2014 at St. Vincent Women's Hospital in Indianapolis. He was the son of Tiffani J. Venable and Charles Ernstes II, of Greensburg. Other survivors include his sisters, Jastin Venabl
- Margaret E. Giesting-Jones, 80 Sept. 1, 1933 – April 11, 2014 Margaret E. Giesting-Jones, 80, of Batesville, passed away on Friday, April 11, 2014. She was born Sept. 1, 1933, the daughter of Robert E. and Ethel (Jackson) Martin. She married John Giesting on Oct. 25, 1958, and he preceded her in death on Dec.
- L. Jerry Lee 81 Nov. 1, 1932 - April 12, 2014 (PLEASE USE THE FLAG - VETERAN) L. Jerry Lee, 81, of Greensburg, passed peacefully away Saturday, April 12, at Arbor Grove Village, Greensburg. He was born Nov. 1, 1932, a son of the late Louise (Schwagmeier) and Lloyd E. Lee. He was the husband of A
- Bernice M. Peters, 89
- Susan M. Huffmeyer, 48 Sept. 24, 1965 – April 10, 2014 Susan M. Huffmeyer, 48, of Napoleon, passed away Thursday, April 10, 2014, at her home. She was born in Batesville on Sept. 24, 1965, the daughter of Raymond and Rose (Simmermeyer) Weisenbach. She was a 1983 graduate of East Central High School and
- Loretta T. Blankman, 84 Loretta T. Blankman, 84, of Greensburg, passed away Friday, April 11, 2014 at Columbus Regional Hospital in Columbus. Born April 28, 1929 in Harrison, Ohio, she was the daughter of Elmer and Elizabeth (Hoerst) Roell. Loretta was a member of St. Mary'
- Bruce Flannery, 56 June 6, 1957 - April 10, 2014 Bruce Flannery, 56, of North Vernon, passed away Thursday, April 10, 2014. Funeral services begin at 11 a.m. Monday, April 14, at Dove-Sharp & Rudicel Funeral Home, North Vernon. Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, April 13, at the funeral home
- Hugh Smith November 13, 1946 - April 9, 2014 Hugh Smith, 67, Greensburg, passed away at his Greensburg residence. Hugh was born in Manchester, Ky., November 13, 1946, a son of the late Alice (Maxie) and Theo Smith. Grave Side Funeral Service will be in Westport Cemetery, at 11 a.m., April 12.
- More Obituaries Headlines