John David Bakes, 71, Shelbyville, died Monday, Oct. 22, 2012 at Major Hospital in Shelbyville.
He was born in Shelbyville Sept. 10, 1941, the son of John J. Bakes and Bertha (Spurling) Bakes.
John married Linda Kay (Kuntz) Bakes June 8, 1959 and she survives.
He is also survived by three daughters: Jamie (Edward) Kuhn of Shelbyville, Karen (Michael) Lewis of St. Paul and Robin Ritter of Rush County; a brother, James Blake, of Shelbyville; two sisters: Rozella Bakes of St. Paul and Louisa Kimmel of Olney, Ill and 10 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
John had lived in Shelbyville for the past two years, previously residing in St. Paul.
He worked as a military pay clerk at Fort Benjamin Harrison for 21 years. He also worked at Delta Faucet in Greensburg.
John was a 1959 graduate of St. Paul High School and member of Union Chapel Church. He was also a member of the St. Paul Volunteer Fire Department for 32 years.
Funeral services begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27 at Union Chapel Methodist Church in St. Paul, Rev. Dawn Barnes presiding. A time of visitation begins at 10 a.m. and continues until time of service Saturday.
Burial will follow at a later date.
Memorials may be made to the St. Paul Volunteer Fire Department or Union Chapel Methodist Church in the care of Glenn E. George and Son Funeral Home, Shelbyville.
- Edith May Aulbach, 99 Aug. 18, 1914 - April 22, 2014 Edith May Aulbach, 99, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, in Napoleon. Visitation is from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday, April 25, at St. Maurice Catholic Church in Napoleon, followed by funeral services at 11 a.m. Burial follows in St. Michael's Cemetery,
- Lawrence E. Schroeder, 94 Aug. 21, 1919 - April 21, 2014 Lawrence E. Schroeder, 94, Greensburg, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Heritage House in Greensburg. Born Aug. 21, 1919, in Decatur County, he was the son of Edward H. and Josephine (Walters) Schroeder. Lawrence retired from the Ripley County
- Marvin Cox, 67 Marvin Cox, 67, of Rushville, passed away Saturday, April 19, 2014, while in the company of family members, at Morristown Manor. Marvin was born on June 9, 1946, a son of the late Carmen (Richards) and Hubert E Cox. Funeral Service will be at 10 a.m.
Lorie A. Crane, 44
Lorie A. Crane, 44, Greensburg, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014, at her residence in Greensburg. She was born on Dec. 23, 1969, in Anderson. Lorie had previously worked for DSI in Greensburg. She is survived by two daughters, Kayla Platt (Mike Col
- Frank E. Harris Jr., 60 Frank E. Harris Jr., 60, of Butlerville passed away Friday, April 19, 2014, at his residence. A funeral service will be conducted at 7: 30 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Sawyer – Pickett Funeral & Cremation Service. Rev. Raymond Spicer will officia
- Matthew D. Grimes, 37 March 17, 1977 - April 18, 2014 Matthew D. Grimes, 37, Greensburg, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014 at his residence in Greensburg. Born March 17, 1977 in Greensburg, he was the son of Floyd D. "Duke" and Nancy D. (Smith) Grimes. Matt was a 1996 graduate of Greensburg Community
- Donald E. Faulconer, 83 Oct. 2, 1930 - April 17, 2014 Donald E. Faulconer, 83, of Greensburg, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Major Hospital in Shelbyville. He was born Oct. 2, 1930 in Shelby County, the son of Howard and Pearl (Hawkins) Faulconer. He married Virginia (McComas) Faulconer Aug. 1
- Michael Tungate, 60 Sept. 5, 1953 - April 18, 2014 Michael Tungate, 60, a long-time Rushville resident, passed away April 18, 2014 in Rushville. He was born Sept. 5, 1953 in Rushville to Elmer and Marcia (Gephart) Tungate. Mike worked for Shares, Inc. in Shelbyville for the last 20 years. He was an
- Velma Carrie Lutes, 86 April 6, 1928 – April 14, 2014 Velma Carrie Lutes, 86, died Monday, April 14, 2014. Services will be all in one day on Thursday, April 17, at Neal's Funeral Home in Osgood. Visitation is from 10 a.m. to noon and the funeral service will begin at noon, followed by burial in St. Joh
- Clara Agnes Manlief, 97 April 10, 1917 - April 16, 2014 Clara Agnes Manlief, 97, of Cincinnati, Ohio passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in the Twin Towers at Cincinnati. She was born April 10, 1917 in Jennings County, the daughter of Clinton Clyde and Mary Elizabeth (Shoemake) Manlief. She was a gra
- More Obituaries Headlines