Kitchen Kookies Extension Homemakers Club
Members of the Kitchen Kookies Extension Homemakers Club met recently at Bob Evans in Shelbyville with Carol Smiley as hostess.
We enjoyed a delicious meal with Carol furnishing the desserts.
Alice Woodhull, president, announced upcoming dates.
Achievement Night will be Oct. 4 at the Greensburg Learning Center with Jeff Keihl as the speaker. Women just Want to Have Fun day will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 27 at the Extension office large meeting room.
Carol gave devotions, "Saturday Morning."
Members answered roll call by telling what their favorite subject in school was.
Barbara Smiley conducted the contest with Carol winning the prize.
Night Extension Homemakers
The Night Extension Homemakers met Sept. 5 at the home of Bessie Ploeger with Catherine Mauer as co-hostess.
Ten members were present. Bessie read the club prayer, ÒNo Better Time.Ó
Linda Weigel and Janet Bedel reported about the council meeting and the 100th anniversary of the Indiana Extension Homemakers Association.
Members discussed what items they would like to have displayed at the Decatur County Historical Society this month and in October.
Along with the ideas for scrapbook items, pictures, and recipes, members had a Òchurch pickle tasting.Ó
ÒBack in the dayÓ Mary Wolter and Mathilda Wolter used this Òchurch pickleÓ recipe. Through the years, Mary still made the pickles, and now her niece, Bessie uses the same recipe. The Òchurch picklesÓ were delicious.
Also, Decatur County Homemakers were busy at the fair this year, stuffing 504 puppy pillows for Riley Hospital as well as giving the proceeds from the pie eating contest and food auction to two worthwhile programs.
Checks were presented to Diana Moore for New Directions for $800 and $500 to Deb Platt for Hospice.
The Health and Safety lesson was given by Loretta Macyauski, and Liz Hally gave the Cultural Arts lesson. Everyone enjoyed ÒPin the Tail on the Donkey.Ó Bernardine Mack and Janet Bedel were the winners.
The Mystery Box winner was Janet Hagerty. The meeting ended with a birthday gift exchange and lessons were given by Bessie.
The next club meeting will be held briefly right after the Achievement Night Program at the Greensburg Learning Center at 6 p.m. Oct. 4, 2012.
Registration starts at 5:30 p.m.
Send your club news to the Daily News at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kitchen Kookies Extension Homemakers Club
- NDES seeking help for student's surprise
- Club Chatter Country Girls and Guys 4-H Club The Country Girls and Guys 4-H Group met at 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9 at Kingston Presbyterian Church. There were 22 members and one guest in attendance. The meeting was called to order by Club President Emma Geis. The ple
- Club Chatter 50 Extension Homemakers The 50 Extension Homemakers met at 1 p.m. Feb. 19 at Zion United Methodist Church. Isabelle Royse opened the meeting with Pledge of Allegiance followed by the Homemakers' Creed. Ruth Smith, hostess, gave devotions titled "Pla
- Club Chatter The Clinton Extension Homemakers met Feb. 3 at the Beach Tiki Bar for their 79th anniversary celebration with 11 members and one guest, Bonita Myers. To open the meeting, president Connie Fruchtnicht had devotions, "Ten Free Gifts for the New Year."
- Greensburg Lions Club recycles for sight GREENSBURG - The Greensburg Lions are asking people to look through dresser drawers and closets for used eyeglasses and donate them to the Lions Recycle for Sight program. The Lions Club collects used prescription eyeglasses and prescription and non-
Pat Smith: African American church was important
Richard Lewis was one of the signers of a petition circulated years before the occurrence of 1907.
- Greensburg Adult Center Scores Bridge Dec. 13 Alice Rust - 2660 Denny Doerflinger - 2490 Joan Navarra - 2370 Sherman Lemen - 2350 Paul Ernstes - 2320 Jan. 10 Paul Ernstes - 3970 Henry Yager - 3900 Joan Navarra - 3650 Diane Humpert - 3320 Carol Doerflinger - 3030 Euchre Dec. 16 Hi
- Club Chatter Saltcreek Junior Farmers Saltcreek Junior Farmers held a meeting Jan. 12. The meeting was called to order at 7 p.m. by Treasurer Kayleigh Krieger. Stephanie made a motion to accept minutes from previous meetings, April seconded it and the motion pa
- Club Chatter National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Chapter 0813 of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees met Dec. 17, 2013. With the fire at the Blue Bird Restaurant in Morristown on Sunday evening, Dec 15, the chapter's Christmas Par
- 100th birthday for Dorothy Crawley Dorothy E. Crawley will celebrate her 100th birthday Jan. 18. Dorothy E. Crawley was born in Richland Township, Rush County to Frank and Nessie Humphrey Jan. 18, 1914. After graduation from Clarksburg High School, she attended Hanover College and rec
- More Neighbors Headlines