Indianapolis — The members of the Greensburg boys basketball team weren’t the only students who enjoyed their memorable moment on the court Saturday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Pictured, Greensburg senior David Navarra tips his hat to Greensburg fans after correctly answering a trivia question at halftime of the Pirates’ State Championship victory over Fort Wayne Concordia. The questions, presented by Eddie White of Pacers.com, alternated between Navarra and a Concordia Lutheran student. The Pirates later returned to the court to capture Greensburg’s first state championship in team sports.
- Lady Cougars host Raiders in double-header The South Decatur varsity softball team captured an early lead against South Ripley Saturday, but the visiting Raiders rallied back to win 10-2 at the Decatur County Softball Complex. After two scoreless innings, South Ripley broke through with a run
- COUNTY DIGEST SCHEDULE Wednesday, April 16 SD softball at South Dearborn, 5:30 SD boys golf at Edinburgh, 4:30 Thursday, April 17 GB baseball vs Franklin County, 5 p.m. GB softball at Jennings County, 5 p.m. ND baseball vs Batesville, 5:30 ND softball at Indian C
- Lady Pirate netters blank Knights in opener The Greensburg girls varsity tennis team opened the season Monday with a conference win over South Dearborn. The Lady Pirates were able to finish four of five matches before the rain forced the conclusion of the meet. Greensburg (1-0) beat the visiti
- Several Pirates victorious in Crossbones Relays The Greensburg track and field teams hosted the Crossbone Carnival Relays Saturday morning against Columbus North, Connersville, East Central, Madison, Oldenburg, and Pendleton Heights. The non-scoring event was an opportunity for relay teams to comp
- COUNTY DIGEST SCHEDULE Tuesday, April 15 GB girls tennis at Oldenburg, 5 p.m. GB track at S Dearborn vs Jenn Co, 5:30 GB boys golf at Lawrenceburg, 5 p.m. ND baseball at Brown County, 5 p.m. ND track vs Oldenburg/Morristown, 4:30 ND softball at Rushville, 4:30 SD
- JV Pirates thump Raiders 30-5 Although it was only the first game of the season, the Greensburg junior varsity baseball team did not play like it. The JV Pirates traveled to South Ripley to take on the JV Raiders, winning 30-5. The game was never much of a contest, as the Pirates
- Lady Pirate JV beats Batesville The Greensburg junior varsity softball team split its first two games, winning its most recent. The Lady Pirates fell to South Dearborn and beat Batesville by double digits. Head coach Russell Wilhoit said it was nice starting the season with one of
- Redlegs complete sweep to remain unbeaten The Redlegs 13U Baseball Club out of Southeastern Indiana improved to 6-0 on the season by sweeping a pair of doubleheaders over the weekend. The Redlegs paired off against the Indiana Longhorns this past Saturday. Game one was a back-and-forth battl
Pirates win first two on diamond
The Greensburg varsity baseball team tallied a pair of 10-run-rule victories the past two nights to start the season at 2-0.
Pirates tally strong marks
The Greensburg track and field teams hosted Batesville and East Central Thursday night to open the outdoor season.
- More Sports Headlines