Defending champion Nick Speidel of Muncie, Ind., won his first feature of the season on Saturday night when the Midwest TQ Racing League presented by Jenmarco.com competed at the Montpelier Motor Speedway in Montpelier, Ind.
Matt Arrington got the jump on polesitter Kevin Blue when the green flag waived to start the 20-lap feature. The first and only caution of the race would wave on lap four when the fifth place running Ronnie Combs came to a stop with a broken front axle.
Arrington paced the field on the restart followed by Blue, Logan Arnold, Speidel and Kyle May. On the 10th circuit, Speidel made his move passing both Arnold and Blue and set his sights on Arrington. Speidel took the lead on the 15th lap and went on to lead the final six circuits over Arrington, Arnold, Cody Kiewitt and May. Rounding out the top 10 were Steve Arnold, Tristan Maggart, Matt Hedrick, RJ Perkins and Jon Steed.
Perfect North Slopes heat winners were Ronnie Combs, Kyle May and Nick Speidel. Speidel was the Indy Race Parts Hard Charger after advancing five positions, and Bruce Leisure won the Jackson Oil & Solvents gift certificate. The Duane & Sonja Alexander Hard Luck Driver was Ronnie Combs and in his first start in a three-quarter midget RJ Perkins was the Tony Stewart Racing Rookie of the Race.
1. Nick Speidel, Muncie, Ind.
2. Matt Arrington, Columbus, Ind.
3. Logan Arnold, Franklin, Ind.
4. Cody Kiewitt, Dudleytown, Ind.
5. Kyle May, New Palestine, Ind.
6. Steve Arnold, Seymour, Ind.
7. Tristan Maggart, Lapel, Ind.
8. Matthew Hedrick, Rushville, Ind.
9. RJ Perkins, Waverly, OH
10. Jon Steed, Milroy, Ind.
11. Chris Mann, Flat Rock, Ind.
12. Aaron Percell, Rushville, Ind.
13. Brayton Leisure, Morristown, Ind.
14. Zach Cougill, Indianapolis, Ind.
15. Tyler Wooten, Rushville, Ind.
16. Mike Paxson, Connersville, Ind
17. Leslie Souviner, Carmel, Ind.
18. Kevin Blue, Franklin, Ind.