Greensburg — Trick or Treating hours for Greensburg, Westport, Millhousen and St. Paul have been changed to Friday, November 1, from 5 to 8 p.m., due to continued reports of bad weather on October 31. City Hall made the announcement Wednesday morning. Batesville changed the hours for the Halloween parade and trick or treating to Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. and Rushville changed to Friday from 5 to 9 p.m.
Legion honors first responders
GREENSBURG - Members of the Greensburg Police Department (GPD), Decatur County Sheriff's Department (DCSD), Greensburg Fire Department (GFD) and Decatur County Emergency Medical Service (EMS) were honored at the Greensburg American Legion Post 129 Mo
- Lady Cougars fall to pair of ranked teams
- Lady Pirates break into win column
- Two injured in State Road 46 accident
- Shelter Spotlight: Pets of the Week
- Legion honors first responders
Texas wants background checks for health-care navigators
The counselors tasked with helping uninsured Texans navigate their way through the complicated process of buying health insurance will have to jump through a series of hoops to get licenses under new rules proposed by the Texas Department of Insurance.
December 4, 2013
- How to care for a cut Christmas tree
- Are fake eggs the future?
- Texas wants background checks for health-care navigators
- Floyd Franklin Lowe, 95 On Nov. 30, 2013, at the age of 95, Floyd Lowe prepared to let go of this life in order to take hold of the next. He peacefully left his home on earth and entered into his heavenly home, where he was met by his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, as well
- James A. Oliphant, 72
- Gale Rudicel, 81
- Carl L. Redelman, 74
- Mary Esther Proctor, 78
- COUNTY DIGEST SCHEDULE Thursday North girls vs Oldenburg, 6 p.m. JV South girls at Crothersville, varsity 6 p.m. (no JV) Friday North boys vs South (6 p.m. JV) Details set for Batesville game ticket sales Greensburg High School was allotted a limited amount of tic
- Lady Chargers fall to unbeaten Knights
- Cougar boys fall to host Twisters
- Cougars fall to Trinity Lutheran
- Tree City rivalry opens season
Young beagle Katrina and sibling kittens Friday and Freya are all available for adoption at the Greensburg/Decatur County Animal Shelter.
- Pet of the week feature returns GREENSBURG - The Daily News is restarting a popular feature. Every week, the Greensburg/Decatur County Animal Shelter will provide photos and information of pets available for adoption. Every pet adopted from the shelter is vaccinated, has been treat
- Cheer Fund kicks off for 2013
- Ed Daihl chosen as district’s assistant principal of the year
- Local veteran recalls time in service
- NDHS honors veterans with annual program