Abraham Bonowitz, co-founder of Death Penalty Action, speaks to the Tribune-Star on today's developments at the Federal Prison Complex-Terre Haute.
As featured on
Daniel Lewis Lee, convicted in the 1996 murder of three family members in Arkansas, was executed by lethal injection shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday at the U.S. Penitentiary Terre Haute. It was the first federal execution in 17 years.
Citing a Trump campaign email blast, the co-director of a group opposing the federal death penalty said Thursday the email provides evidence the executions are a "political stunt."
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
Albert Lewis Elder, 79 of Greensburg, passed away on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 after a brief bout with cancer. Albert was born on October 7, 1940 in Decatur County, the son of Bernie and Dortha (Dickson) Elder. On December 27, 1963 he married Margaret "Ella" Lehman, they had been married for …
- Scaring up concern about voter fraud
- Virus impacts Rush Co. schools
- Epidemics faced by Rush County citizens
- Charger football ready to run at all levels
- Mower accident results in fatality
- Father and son team win CWT tournament at Brookville
- POLICE BLOTTER 080420
- APC approves BEX Farms rezone request
- POLICE BLOTTER 080820
- Kulpinski among the elite at GCHS