Toledo put a scare into Notre Dame Saturday, but the No. 8 Fighting Irish prevailed with a 32-29 win over the Rockets. It was the first home game for Notre Dame with a full crowd on hand since the end of the 2019 season.
As featured on
SOUTH BEND — Earlier in the week, Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly referred to this season’s Toledo team as arguably the best Mid-American Conference opponent that he’s seen during his over-a-decade long stint with the Fighting Irish.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Durant will run as an Independent
- Fire destroys home west of Rushville
- 3 more inmates sue Miami Correctional for 'cruel and unusual punishment'
- Tennessee man dies when truck hits weigh station
- Funeral director accused of being 'unfit to practice'
- Good's Candy Shop sold to Missouri company
- Goodbye, Koh-Koh-Mah: Annual reenactment and historical encampment ending after 20 years
- Critics decry new Indiana and U.S. House maps as gerrymandered
- Cpt. Erdmann was ambitious, skilled
- Annual shrine walk continues in Oldenburg