RIPLEY COUNTY – The Rising Sun Regional Foundation awarded a total of $271,100 in 15 new grants in the fourth quarter of 2021.
The grants included:
• $20,000 be made to Rising Sun/Ohio County Community School Corporation toward the purchase of copiers
• $5,000 be made to Dearborn County Water Rescue toward repairs and service to its equipment
• $15,000 be made to the Town of Milan toward several street improvement projects
• $20,000 be made to Ohio County Emergency Management toward the purchase of a drone
• $5,000 be made to Milan Community School Corporation toward the purchase and installation of additional security cameras
• $40,000 be made to Versailles Volunteer Fire Department toward the replacement of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus;
• $9,300 be made to Community Mental Health Center toward renovations to its Batesville office
• $30,000 be made to the City of Rising Sun toward updates to its Decorative Lighting system
• $15,000 be made to Southeastern Indiana YMCA toward the replacement of flooring and carpet in its Learning Center
• $5,000 be made to Jac-Cen-Del Community School Corporation toward repairs and service to larger and/or more expensive band instruments
• $30,000 be made to St. Mary School toward the purchase and installation of preschool playground equipment
• $2,800 be made to Tyson Library Association toward the purchase of a color copier for use by the public
• $25,000 be made to the City of Aurora toward the purchase and installation of a water play structure at its new Family Aquatic Center
• $10,000 to Ohio County Tourism toward a portable restroom unit
• $39,000 be made to the Town of Sunman toward matching funds for a Transportation and Stormwater Grant received from the state
In 2021, the Rising Sun Regional Foundation awarded $1,000,000 in grants to organizations representing Ohio County, Ripley, and the City of Aurora.
Grant applications for the next grants cycle are due by 4 p.m. Monday, January 17, 2022.
The Rising Sun Regional Foundation was created in 1994 by the City of Rising Sun, and is now funded by the Rising Star Casino & Resort, owned by Full House Resorts, Inc., which makes monthly contributions to the foundation based on a percentage of its Adjusted Gross Revenue. To date, the foundation has received more than $45 million in riverboat funds, of which at least 75% has been granted back to the community.