Greensburg Junior High School athletes were recognized last week for their athletic achievements.
Winners of the All Sports Award were selected after meeting a list of criteria, including earning at least four letters.
Mylie Wilkison and Justice Thornton were selected from the All Sports Award winners as the recipients of the Freeland Award. It's named after a former Greensburg Community Schools employee, Norman Freeland, and is presented yearly to the male and female athletes to be the best participating athletes at GJHS that year.
To be considered for the Freeland Award, athletes must write an essay as part of the application process, which is considered by coaches who vote, along with athletic/non-athletic activities, attitude, effort and school citizenship.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Fatal accident on State Road 3
- Youth movement
- Greensburg man killed in crash
- Fanning the flames of race in education
- 2021 Decatur County Fair Baby Show
- Man accused of attacking woman, threatening to kill her and busting her windshield
- POLICE BLOTTER
- "No More Trash Bags" helps kids in distress
- Rush County News Briefs
- Decatur County bee business is a buzzing success