Two of the most explosive scorers in South Decatur basketball history are currently teammates. They were honored before Tuesday's home against North Decatur.
Senior Lane Lauderbaugh became the Cougars' all-time leading scorer in December. He passed Shawn Blaich, who scored 1,418 points.
Jack Emly, who is now third on the all-time scoring list with 1,372 points, presented Lauderbaugh a commemorative basketball.
Junior Hunter Johnson scored his 1,000th career point Friday at Centerville. He was the seventh player to reach the milestone.
This story will be updated ....
SD career scoring leaders
Lane Lauderbaugh 1610
Shawn Blaich 1418
Jack Emly 1372
Matt Cornett 1227
Greg Cruser 1069
Hunter Johnson 1059
John Baute 1018
As featured on
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- McGee selected as 2021 500 Festival Princess
- Batesville man charged with three felonies
- Kids Discovery Factory unveils planned building
- Marketing Greensburg to the masses
- Former Rushville players coaching for a state title
- Support system helps Davalos overcome setbacks
- Southeastern Indiana YMCA staff members receive special recognition
- Playing to an empty house
- POLICE BLOTTER
- Public defender Alexander Newman arrested in Hamilton County