Three hundred ninety-nine teams were drawn Sunday night and placed into brackets for the 111th Annual IHSAA Boys Basketball State Tournament.
Sectional games are scheduled to begin Tuesday, March 2, and run through Saturday, March 6, with the regional round slated for March 13 and semi-states on March 20. The four state championship games that make up the state finals will be played two weeks later on Saturday, April 3 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.
To conduct the traditional, random drawing for the boys basketball state tournament, the IHSAA places ping-pong balls representing each school in a given sectional into a lottery-style air mix machine. A motorized fan in the bottom of the machine blows the balls around the inside of the transparent container and air then forces each ball up through a tube in random order.
Locally, Greensburg (3A), South Decatur (2A) and Oldenburg Academy (1A) are defending sectional champs.
As featured on
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- McGee selected as 2021 500 Festival Princess
- Batesville man charged with three felonies
- Marketing Greensburg to the masses
- Kids Discovery Factory unveils planned building
- Former Rushville players coaching for a state title
- Southeastern Indiana YMCA staff members receive special recognition
- Support system helps Davalos overcome setbacks
- POLICE BLOTTER
- Playing to an empty house
- Public defender Alexander Newman arrested in Hamilton County