North Decatur’s third grade boys basketball team finished its first season with a record of 7-4 and a third place finish in league play behind New Castle and Connersville. The Chargers made the semifinals of the league tournament by beating Winchester 37-35 in the opening game. The Chargers were led by Andrew Hocker with 20 points, followed by Jacob Flashpohler six, Dayne Lecher six and Evan Wallpe five. The Chargers then lost a close game to Connersville 31-25. Scoring for the Chargers were Andrew Hocker nine, Jacob Flashpohler eight and Dayne Lecher eight. Team members included (front) Luke Badgley, Andrew Hocker, Donovan Meyer, Derek Hocker; (back) Evan Wallpe, Jacob Flashpohler, Dayne Lecher and Devon Bayless.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
Jack Winters, age 81, of Sunman died 8-4-2020. No services will be held. www.cookrosenberger.com for more information.
Alvin Ruble, 77, of Laurel, IN. Service 2:00pm Friday August 7, 2020 at Burns Funeral Home in Milroy. Visitation 12- 2:00 pm Friday.
- Benefit for Jeff Coon set for Aug. 22
- Tree County Players remember life of Zins
- Arrests made in armed robbery case
- POLICE BLOTTER 080420
- POLICE BLOTTER 0725
- Women In Business event going virtual
- City working for solution to water issues
- Stoney's Sourdough Pizza Co. inks deal to sell its bread at Kroger
- Golf event raises funds for Our Hospice of South Central Indiana
- Rush County News Briefs